PDA

View Full Version : ACU mouse lag or can't move in menu, map.. Any fix for this?

keanboon
12-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I have been facing mouse lagging issue or can't move at all since first playing the game..

Every starts of the game in "Press any key" screen, main menu, map, & some other screen, I can't move my mouse at all ..

I have to use keyboard arrow key to browse through the menu and to moving around in the map.

I haven't download patch 4.

Is there a fix for this?

Ubisoft Support never reply..

Thank you.

keanboon
12-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Hello Ubisoft,

I have done installed patch 4, and have just fixed the "ACU.exe has stopped working" crash error and finally able to play the game.

Now the only thing I'm still cannot play the game smoothly is this mouse lag issue..

Do you think my PC spec is not matching the game recommended system requirement??

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz
GPU: GTX780Ti
Memory: 8GB
Resolution: 1920x1080

Mr_Shade
12-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi, if you have issues with the game, please contact support who can help investigate the issue for you: www.support.ubi.com

keanboon
12-28-2014, 03:00 PM
I have submitted my ticket since 14 Dec..

No reply till now.

I thought I would try patch 4 and see how things go, but it is still same.

YazX_
12-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Your system specs are very good and your graphics card is beyond recommended specs, its either a mouse driver that is causing this issue (whats the model of your mouse?) or you just need to delete the controls config file, its located here:

Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity\ACU.ini

note that this file contains controls and graphics settings, so you will need to remap your controls and set graphics options again.

keanboon
12-29-2014, 04:47 PM
My mouse is still lag and can't move..

It is difficult for me to enjoy the game this way.

I am using razer taipan mouse, already update the driver, and tried with other mouse.

Same problem.

I don't think it is mouse problem, because when I open character customization, I can turn 360 degree view but the mouse cursor just not following my movement.

In game my mouse works fine.. of course there is no mouse cursor in game..

Pls support.

YazX_
12-29-2014, 07:25 PM
My mouse is still lag and can't move..

It is difficult for me to enjoy the game this way.

I am using razer taipan mouse, already update the driver, and tried with other mouse.

Same problem.

I don't think it is mouse problem, because when I open character customization, I can turn 360 degree view but the mouse cursor just not following my movement.

In game my mouse works fine.. of course there is no mouse cursor in game..

Pls support.

hmmmm, might be some other driver hijacking mouse, go to control panel and disable everything under Human Interface Devices except K/M, restart windows and try again.

And also it might be related to Mouse DPI settings, try to increase/decrease DPI.

keanboon
12-30-2014, 03:44 PM
I disable everything except keyboard and mouse in device manager under Human Interface Devices.

Still same.

Also have tried adjust mouse DPI but it only affected in game.

What is wrong here?

I have no problem with previous Black Flag..

Very enjoy that game..

But this game, just keep me busy solving problem on myself.

It is almost 1 and half months, I still don't have any impression of the game..

Problems aside, the packaging of the limited edition is also not up to the price I paid for it.

The package arrived damaged.. no plastic wrapping and looks like already opened by someone..

If you look on youtube those people making unboxing video, you will find 2 types of packaging,

One with plastic wrapping, and the other one without. There is no standard at all!

You should not cut cost like this. At least put some cardboard to protect the packaging arrive safely.

DHL taken 2 weeks instead of 2 days ( as mentioned on Ubisoft website ) to deliver the item.

And I don't understand why you include a steelbook that can only put 1 disk inside when you already know the game have 5 disks! Total waste..

Very disappointed..

Soothsayer29
12-30-2014, 05:09 PM
The mouse thing is a bug with the Unity game engine and quite a few people have suffered from this, myself included.

I have had numerous communications with support about this and to be blunt, they really do not have a clue and I very much doubt anyone is actually working on the issue. All I can suggest is you keep bugging them until you get a response.

Hopefully, if enough people report this issue it will be taken seriously and they will actually start looking into this properly.

keanboon
12-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Ubi support reply me yesterday together with Guillotine Collector's Case feedback email..

If it is bug, Ubisoft you have to start working on Patch 5 asap..

Regarding Guillotine Collector's Case, you already have my money, and you consider I have to keep the broken case as a collection on my shelf?
and this unplayable game is a bad luck of my pc and mouse..

I don't consider Dead Kings as compensation because the game is already dead right now.

Dead Kings won't solve the bugs and my mouse is still dead.

I want refund for the broken and already opened Guillotine Collector's Case you sent to me.. ( you haven't reply my ticket for this issue )
and this game I cannot play properly due to mouse problem.

I as a customer already gave my feedback. I wanted to support you and bought your product and look what I get from you..

If you care for your customer or not.. I don't know and I don't want to know for whatever reason.

TH3R4BB1T
12-31-2014, 10:14 PM
I also have problems with the mouse in menus on the PC, it mostly stays at lag problems, so the mouse moves a lot slower then normal. My guess is that it is the background of the menu and character customisation that causes this, also the map moves slow for me. You can see all the moving elements in the back, if this is rendered real time and not as image then it can take a lot of CPU/GPU and cause the problem, if that is the problem then why can't they figure it out... So probably that is not the real one...

For me it worked to set the GPU to more performance.