PDA

View Full Version : They need to end the AC story ASAP!

king-hailz
12-26-2014, 09:15 PM
I really think they need to end every single little tie in they have made in the series soon! We always had this ongoing story, it always felt food and that it was leading somewhere, but it didn't. It feels like they wanted to end it at AC3, however they shouldn't have added all that juno stuff then. They just confused the story, and now we have games where the main antagonists name isn't even mentioned!

Seeing as ubisoft is incapable to an ongoing story that makes sense and fits well and doesn't just leave on a cliffhanger and go nowhere, they have to find some way to end it all soon in a way that is satisfying, but that doesn't add more to the story and something that doesn't need a sequel! They should do it soon so those of us who want the games to be at least good in every other way get it! Do it so we can get AC games that font need to be limited to the story you have created!

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 09:23 PM
The moment they killed Desmond any hope for a good over-arching narrative died with him.

Element CL
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't even understand what's going on anymore. So when Desmond died, one of the First Civ people came through and supposedly is now planning some big world takeover right? And then in a game after that another one is trying to create a consciousness inside computers? And what's the point of the sages again? Are Minerva and Juno still doing things? It's a mess.

Also I'm not sure what the Templars present day scheme is for controlling the world now. What happened to the satellite is that still working? Are they still looking for the tech to make it work?

wvstolzing
12-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes, either reboot the universe (a la GTA), or move on to a new 'franchise' (similar to how they moved from PoP to AC).

king-hailz
12-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Yes, either reboot the universe (a la GTA), or move on to a new 'franchise' (similar to how they moved from PoP to AC).

Maybe move back to pop

aL_____eX
12-26-2014, 10:14 PM
I guess there's something true about the 'overall story' getting worse and worse with no real direction lately. But it would break my heart if the AC series ended soon.

Although I think in terms of gameplay, Unity was a huge step forward.

bitebug2003
12-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Remove modern day and just keep it to the AC Lore with a simple overarching story (if it has to exist), because the whole MD content is just one big mess now).

I'm sure the franchise can survive without it.

king-hailz
12-26-2014, 10:18 PM
I guess there's something true about the 'overall story' getting worse and worse with no real direction lately. But it would break my heart if the AC series ended soon.

Although I think in terms of gameplay, Unity was a huge step forward.

What I am saying is that they finish off the the modern day In a good way... and just carry on making the games without it bothering them... I would rather have no over arching story than a sh*t one!

aL_____eX
12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Remove modern day and just keep it to the AC Lore with a simple overarching story (if it has to exist), because the whole MD content is just one big mess now).

I'm sure the franchise can survive without it.
:( When I remember the modern day story they introduced with AC1 and ACII (Oh my god, Minerva talking to Ezio in the Sixtine Chapel!) and how it ended, it hurts. So many wasted opportunities. And now the only chance is to have as little modern day as possible, because Ubisoft totally screwed this part of the franchise.

'Survive' is a really good term for the situation, because it can survive of course, but it's losing the part that made it so exciting. I mean, apart from the Temple thing TWCB and the First Civ doesn't have anything to do with Unity... :( But I guess I (we) will have to accept Ubi's direction for the series.

@king: Yeah, I wasn't concentrated reading the OP I guess. Sorry, you're right with what you're saying. :)

Element CL
12-26-2014, 10:22 PM
The franchise can probably survive without fixing anything. I don't think they're operating at a loss with this one even given all the issues the fans have. That's what really sucks. People complain but they don't stop buying. They know that so there's only so much giving a crap they're going to do.

dxsxhxcx
12-26-2014, 10:34 PM
IMO they don't even need to bother with the loose ends, just finish it already because if they weren't able to deliver a proper conclusion with a third person protagonist they certainly won't be able to achieve that with a bunch of cutscenes and the player as the protagonist...

Final Speech (recorded in a DVD delivered at our home):
"Hello Initiate, we did it! We've successfully unplugged the internet cable and now Juno is gone, we also lost any way to access the internet in the process but this seem to be a small price to pay in order to put an end on that ancient skynet wanna be called Juno, right?! That's it then, hasta la vista!"

Shahkulu101
12-26-2014, 10:36 PM
I think the state of it's story and it's reputation among the gaming community shows that the series is on it's last legs. Looking at the sales charts, Unity wasn't selling remarkably well at Christmas and was usurped by Far Cry 4. It's losing it's spark commercially and artistically.

Reboot the series or cancel it. Give us one more swansong that acts as a goodbye to the franchise.

Rafe Harwood
12-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Tbh, I was late to the party with Unity (I didn't have an xbox one until just before Christmas), but I am loving it.

Just the darn map blew me away.

If you want the series to end, stop playing.

Rocket science? lol ;)

Hans684
12-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Move the MD to other medias(like a TV series or anything else) and have the games go in parallel. Or drop MD and end up with a pointless story like Unity.

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2014, 11:38 PM
To be perfectly honest, I agree with this to some extent. I agree with the fact that these loose ends like Juno, Eve, Clay’s words, The Sages, Erudito and the likes should definitely find some sort of solution, a satisfactory one, I hope.

I really wish that Desmond chose to end the world in ACIII and in that case, the whole Present Day thing won’t be aligned with the real life present day so there will be much more freedom, and in fact, even the present day will look a bit historical compared to what we have now. Very post-apocalyptic. It would’ve been a huge turn in the games and many fans will have changed their minds, but to me, that would’ve been a perfect way. I love it when games go where the story requires, not stories twisted to accommodate the same type of gameplay and style.

However, what the past has passed. So I believe they should try to fix the modern day story and make it more relevant, one way or another. Perhaps they can pull a one year historical one year modern day games strategy. Each one developed by a team and each one having enough time to be missed and to be developed little by little and enough time to be crafted so perfectly and in detail. And with feedbacks pouring in, everything will have more time to be fixed and altered.

I’m sure they can pull that off. Create an episodic spin-off series like Chronicles, perhaps call it AC:Initiates or AC:Whatever... and it works like Resident Evil: Revelations. It’s not a main entry, but cared about just as the main franchise and released as episodes. That would be feasible and would help giving enough time and satisfactory progress to the modern day story.

Namikaze_17
12-27-2014, 12:01 AM
In a sense, I don't think they should completely drop MD.

What they ( Ubi) really need to do is actually sit down and figure out what they should do next.

But if it is getting too complicated, then do what others suggested and put it in some form of media that connects the two. Maybe something like Lineage?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-27-2014, 12:06 AM
As much as I love Assassins Creed... Every story needs an ending...
Now it is a franchise... so even though an ending isnt something you want.. at least make one seem possible...
I havent felt like i was accomplishing anything since AC3
At least make me think im doing something other than making a movie lol

MADS madhouse
12-27-2014, 01:27 AM
I'm kind of in agreement with you. But, in the first Assassin's Creed to the present Assassin's Creed the story ends for each character. But there are many assassins all through out history. So to end the Assassin's Creed series, would put an end to the idea, that their aren't more assassins through out history. I for one wouldn't mind Ubisoft releasing the old Assassin's Creed games on the new Xbox, so I could re-enjoy all of the stories, again. And fix the game-play mess they created in this Unity. I love the stories and the artwork that Ubisoft has put into the Assassin's Creed series. But the unstable, glitchy game play of all the Assassin's Creed games, kind of ruins all of that beautiful work. I also agree that Ubisoft is jumping a lot in the story progression, almost as if they don't remember what happened in the last Assassin's Creed game. I don't know? And maybe Ubisoft doesn't either?

Journey95
12-27-2014, 04:08 AM
they really screwed up the MD story because they were greedy as hell
poor Desmond he was never my favourite character but he held the series together and connected the games and all that went to **** when they killed him off

seriously either overhaul the MD part completely or just dump it just these few minutes playing as me and all that confusing stuff with the sages, Juno etc. doesn't seem to be going anywhere

its very clear they won't end this series as long as it makes this much money they can keep making pointless side stories no one cares about (like Unity) if Victory or the game after that doesn't show some direction I'm definitely out

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 06:39 AM

Patrice Désilets will handle that for them :)

Ubisoft, here is the answer: Do good on your promise of Desmond's son that Clay made, make him the new modern day protagonist, or bring back Desmond through the same opportunities Clay had. Just please, don't call time anomalies modern day... and have our protagonist know about the first civilization

I mean, seriously though. In the end of Unity, they practically said "Well that was a waste of your time and our time". Unity's entire plot and story were just big middle fingers to everyone who cares about the storyline of Assassin's Creed. Please, use that as an example for Victory. Just say "This is what we DON'T do this time"

king-hailz
12-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Tbh saying that they are missing opportunity with all these assassins that lived doesn't mean anything! It's like saying, there's millions of batmans that lived throughout history that we need to make games about!

king-hailz
12-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Patrice Désilets will handle that for them :)

He sure will!!!!