PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed Needs to be remade badly.

NuclearOps
12-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm new to the series, everyone i have talked to told me that Assassin's Creed is the best game ever. I played Black Flag, which i think is an awesome game. I also played one for the nintendo DS, which was the first game i played. Now i have the first game, and by far the first game sucks so bad. I was wondering why everyone gave them a bad score and now i no why. No trophies for the game. The game play sucks, try to climb something, you have to press extra buttons. Then when you press them, your character does a 180 degree jump off of the freaking thing you are trying to climb up on. Please for the love of this series, remake the first game, so the game play isnt so choppy, trophies can be added, so we get something for collecting these flags and killing the templars besides memories. And the controls need to be simple like the ones in the black flag.

RzaRecta357
12-26-2014, 07:21 PM
It's a favorite for many of us. Graphics are better than any of the other games until Unity. Dem Cloth graphics bruh. Then you have combat that was actually a challenge for the most part. The climbing was much more realistic. The setting was amazing.

Aphex_Tim
12-26-2014, 07:26 PM
No.

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 07:27 PM
It's a favorite for many of us. Graphics are better than any of the other games until Unity. Dem Cloth graphics bruh. Then you have combat that was actually a challenge for the most part. The climbing was much more realistic. The setting was amazing.

^ This. :)

AssassinHMS
12-26-2014, 07:52 PM
The original Assassinís Creed does have a few shortcomings. However, you managed to miss all of them while complaining about your own lapses. And if you like simple gameplay, I hear Telltaleís products only force you to press buttons once in a while, so you might want to try those. (By the way, do those games have trophies? I mean, I canít imagine receiving trophies for staring at a screen.)

Assassinís Creed could use a reboot though.

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Nothing beats the original, yo. :p

Rafe Harwood
12-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Noooo! No reboots!

Darn 21st century invention for a world without imagination grr lol

On the other hand, it would be nice to see a remastering and release of all the old titles on next/current gen consoles :)

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 08:02 PM
No, sorry. Assassin's Creed 1 is one of the better AC games. Great story, a mystery that keeps you constatly guessing, great dialogue. The protagonist is already an Assassin and his motivations are Brotherhood related. No revenge story or daddy issues.

AssassinHMS
12-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Noooo! No reboots!

Darn 21st century invention for a world without imagination grr lol

On the other hand, it would be nice to see a remastering and release of all the old titles on next/current gen consoles :)
I don't know about that. The main story is quite a mess right now, not to mention pretty much dead. The gameplay still suffers from the direction Ubisoft chose and will never reach full potential until they admit they have an Assassin simulator in their hands and not a bunch of disconnected historical tours devoid of any direction/obligation/quality.
A reboot could fix all this. They could use what they learned (all the mistakes they did and all the pointless turns that lead to nowhere) begin again and make a cohesive and focused modern day story that doesn’t stab itself every chance it gets. And the gameplay could finally become what it was supposed to be in the first place free of all the poison instilled in this series throughout the years.

A remaster, on the other hand, would solve nothing.

Shahkulu101
12-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Your gripe with the climbing is one of the things I miss in AC. The climbing took a little more thought, and viewpoints (not all of them) were actually navigational puzzles and you had to figure out your route to the top. It felt like a small achievement, nowadays you just press up and the path's completely straightforward. The view from Notre Dame is still stunning but it shouldn't be such a simple task reaching the top. Not to mention the fact the protagonists now spurt up buildings like spider monkeys. Far Cry's radio towers are more rewarding as well because the path isn't spelled out for you completely, they're still easy but at least you feel like you've actually done something. AC's climbing is currently too automatic.

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 08:29 PM
AC's climbing is currently too automatic.

That's the only gripe I have with the parkour system in AC3/4. It is wayyy too easy and you don't even have look at where you are going. It baffles me that a lot of people say that Connor/Edward always jumps and grabs onto things that they did not want them to. How do you even manage to do that? I never had that problem before.

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 08:38 PM
^ I always had a problem with the climbing tbh.

We went from somewhat realistic to jumping around like Spiderman. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 08:45 PM
^ I always had a problem with the climbing tbh.

We went from somewhat realistic to jumping around like Spiderman. :rolleyes:

That's what I meant ;)

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 08:56 PM
That's what I meant ;)

Oh, Okay. :rolleyes:

But yeah, climbing from AC1-Unity has always been flawed.

Hopefully they perfect it one day. ^^

Unity is a good start though...excluding the Spider-Man leaps.

EmptyCrustacean
12-26-2014, 09:25 PM
My issue with the parkour system in AC Unity is that Arno doesn't move one step at a time, he moves in several steps with the push of one button. This is problematic when you simply want him to move one step up and you can't cancel out the move either; he'll just keep on going. Makes me feel like I don't have any control over him.

Element CL
12-26-2014, 10:09 PM
The parkour is more broken than it's ever been IMO. Now, the guards notice you way fast. If you can't pop in and out of cover easily, which you cant, or move where you intend to move without any stutters or locking up, you get into conflict because of it. I've had more runs go bad then not because I should have been able to find cover, but wasn't able to move Arno the direction I thought I was moving to just fine. If you want to play stealth now you have to do everything super duper slow, slower than intended I'm sure. And if you jump into co-op with even one person who doesn't understand it, it devolves into just a glorified version of combat you can get into in single player, and there's no reason to even be playing since it's an annoying thing to deal with, with or without other people.

Smoke bombs dont seem to work right. Is everything you do in the circle before you throw it supposed to be hidden or not? That's how I understood it, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I'll confess, I do play the game a lot still simply because I just have a need to find everything, but I can't sit down with it for more than 30 minutes anymore without feeling like I'm just doing chores.

Ureh
12-26-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm new to the series, everyone i have talked to told me that Assassin's Creed is the best game ever. I played Black Flag, which i think is an awesome game. I also played one for the nintendo DS, which was the first game i played. Now i have the first game, and by far the first game sucks so bad. I was wondering why everyone gave them a bad score and now i no why. No trophies for the game. The game play sucks, try to climb something, you have to press extra buttons. Then when you press them, your character does a 180 degree jump off of the freaking thing you are trying to climb up on. Please for the love of this series, remake the first game, so the game play isnt so choppy, trophies can be added, so we get something for collecting these flags and killing the templars besides memories. And the controls need to be simple like the ones in the black flag.

You're playing this on the ps3 right? Sounds like you're accidentally telling Altair to back-eject (R1 + X). Once he starts climbing a wall you only need to use the left stick (just like in AC3 and 4).

king-hailz
12-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Next we will see the series being rebooted annually! 'We are doing it for the fans!'

'and the money.....'

Rafe Harwood
12-26-2014, 11:07 PM
I don't know about that. The main story is quite a mess right now, not to mention pretty much dead. The gameplay still suffers from the direction Ubisoft chose and will never reach full potential until they admit they have an Assassin simulator in their hands and not a bunch of disconnected historical tours devoid of any direction/obligation/quality.
A reboot could fix all this. They could use what they learned (all the mistakes they did and all the pointless turns that lead to nowhere) begin again and make a cohesive and focused modern day story that doesnít stab itself every chance it gets. And the gameplay could finally become what it was supposed to be in the first place free of all the poison instilled in this series throughout the years.

A remaster, on the other hand, would solve nothing.

The story was fine. That's actually a different issue completely.

The story for the first three games (with some jostling to fit an extra two cash-cows in there) did what it was supposed to do. It ended.

What's funny is people trying to say the story is rubbish now considering 'now' was not supposed to exist ;)

The story is working fine :)

JustPlainQuirky
12-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Parkour in AC is always wonky.

It wouldn't be AC otherwise.

SlyTrooper
12-27-2014, 01:09 AM
No.

I recently played AC1 again & I had a better time with it than I have had with any of the other more recent games. Your issues with gameplay stem from your inability to grasp the controls. The gameplay is solid. That's not to say that it can't be improved, but it isn't broken like you make it seem.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
12-27-2014, 03:20 AM
AC Unity IMO is a very very fun game. Sopmethings need to be worked on but for the most part they are on to something really special.

Eduard413
12-27-2014, 05:38 AM

NuclearOps, seriously?
this is what kills this great franchise (well don't get me wrong, I love every AC game despite it's flaws like Unity) but it would be 1000 times better if there wouldn't be newcomers like you :nonchalance:
please do me a favor, If somebody tells you to play Assassin's Creed = don't start with the newest games in the franchise!!! please, start with AC1 and then play AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and then the Black Flag with Rogue..... some elements of the game that were divine and superb are being cut from the game because of the folks like you (sorry for being bad and rude at you but it's true) don't insult AC1, it's the game that started it all, the story was great both the History part and the Modern day sequences, yes it was repetive but it was great :o
so first, play all the games, and then make your complains what you like in the franchise and what you don't like
this franchise is the best in the video game industry and it deserves your attention = and then maybe you will see, that even if it is still great, the newest games since AC3 are still great but more bad than AC1,AC2,ACB,ACR
again, really sorry for being rude and also sorry for my bad english, sincerely, a long-time hardcore fan of Assassin's Creed since the launch of AC1 on PC back in 2008, thanks...

C6Zeeohsix
12-27-2014, 04:11 PM
I just want trophies added and the old lady's voice removed. Man her voice is annoying. Was very upset that they used it again in Unity. It honestly makes me nauseated to hear her voice. I actually threw up twice because of her voice, "Someone help me, can't believe he just reached in an took it!" I would like to see AC1 on next gen with upgraded Parkour but the story more than makes up for that. I would be more than thrilled if they added trophies just so I can go back and play it again for another reason.

rebelguy007
12-27-2014, 07:35 PM
The original Assassin’s Creed does have a few shortcomings. However, you managed to miss all of them while complaining about your own lapses. And if you like simple gameplay, I hear Telltale’s products only force you to press buttons once in a while, so you might want to try those. (By the way, do those games have trophies? I mean, I can’t imagine receiving trophies for staring at a screen.)

Assassin’s Creed could use a reboot though.

It was really necessary to bash TTG, wasn't it? God forbid gameplay be different to what you like. Now on topic, OP are you saying AC1 is a bad game because it lacks trophies and you need to put effort into climbing?

AssassinHMS
12-27-2014, 09:03 PM
It was really necessary to bash TTG, wasn't it? God forbid gameplay be different to what you like.

I actually don’t mind if the gameplay is different, as long as it's there.

phoenix-force411
12-28-2014, 05:24 AM
No remake. It's a classic for those who got into the series from the start. I truly loved the first game, and it's the reason why I even started playing Assassin's Creed. I still have the game since 2008. The only answer to your complaints about the game's mechanic flaws is: L2Play