PDA

View Full Version : Best place to achieve a 7 enemy kill streak AC Rogue??

BluGardian
12-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Been trying to get the 7 enemy kill streak abstergo challenge for a while now and the guards in the top hats/axes always ruin it as they backhander you when you try to kill them ruining the streak.
Is there anywhere with many normal guards or is smoke bomb the only option?

Ureh
12-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Not sure if you still need help with this.

I haven't played Rogue but if its combat is identical to AC4's then you should be able to select the "top hats/axes" with the left stick, quickfire the pistol once, then attack them (if he kills them in one button press then that means you succeeded). In AC4 you can use this as an opener or during a streak without getting interrupted. Also if the guards with axes are anything like the ones in AC4 then you should be able to select them with the left stick, disarm them (press X) then attack them (this should kill them without breaking the streak).

Also I'm not sure if you can perform double tool kills in Rogue (to kill two guards with one button press during a streak), so might want to test that out. In AC4, this can be done with the pistols or rope dart (but can only be initiated on basic guards, agiles, or stunned/disarmed guards).

I guess you could also try swimming onto a frigate or man o war, run around a city or fort until you round up enough guards, or replay an earlier memory with basic guards (if possible). I'm don't know if any of these strategies will work in Rogue, but I guess they're worth a try.

BluGardian
12-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Not sure if you still need help with this.

I haven't played Rogue but if its combat is identical to AC4's then you should be able to select the "top hats/axes" with the left stick, quickfire the pistol once, then attack them (if he kills them in one button press then that means you succeeded). In AC4 you can use this as an opener or during a streak without getting interrupted. Also if the guards with axes are anything like the ones in AC4 then you should be able to select them with the left stick, disarm them (press X) then attack them (this should kill them without breaking the streak).

Also I'm not sure if you can perform double tool kills in Rogue (to kill two guards with one button press during a streak), so might want to test that out. In AC4, this can be done with the pistols or rope dart (but can only be initiated on basic guards, agiles, or stunned/disarmed guards).

I guess you could also try swimming onto a frigate or man o war, run around a city or fort until you round up enough guards, or replay an earlier memory with basic guards (if possible). I'm don't know if any of these strategies will work in Rogue, but I guess they're worth a try.

Thanks but unlike in ACBF there were bunches of ordinary guards, in Rogue every squad has at least 2 tophat/axe guys and everytime you block and press x to disarm you get backhandered. I'm 99% complete and have yet to beat a tophat without having to press only x to knock them off balance and knife them in the back. This does work everytime however it ends your streak.

ForbiddenJobu
12-28-2014, 10:36 AM
I achieved this in New York. Run around and gather up 7+ guards, drop a smoke bomb in the middle of them, kill as many as you can before the smoke bomb wears off, drop another smoke bomb, and repeat until you've killed 7 in a row - it shouldn't take more than two smoke bombs, maybe three.