PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Victory: The Antagonist as an Assassin

JustPlainQuirky
12-26-2014, 04:06 AM
Another Assassin's Creed has been leaked called Assassin's Creed Victory set in Victorian London. The only thing that would interest me about that is if Jack the Ripper was a dropped out insane member of the Assassins and if he was the main antagonist.

A comment on youtube I saw with 300+ likes.

People have said this before, but I didn't know there was so much support for this idea.

Honestly, I'll be disappointed if Jack the Ripper is just someone you find in a murder/mystery sidequest or is indeed a templar.

Having a delusional Assassin who technically follows the creed (but skews it to their liking) would be a nice new perspective for the franchise.

What do you guys think of this widely supported idea?

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 04:21 AM
It'd be cool if he's some Cross-like member of the Assassins.

Though him being a murder mystery is good too.

EDIT: Him being a Templar is kinda eh...

Altair1789
12-26-2014, 04:34 AM
I hope Jack the Ripper is an innocent assassin slandered by the templars rewriting history. Kinda like how that guy Joe, I think it was, in AC3 was a famous killer in real life but an ally to the assassins in game. I mean, I don't like Jack the Ripper for being a killer or anything... but that would be interesting

On a side note- I hope Victory's protagonist is another one of Desmond's ancestors. I don't think we should forget that in AC brotherhood Clay said "The sun... your son..." and Desmond was a bar tender if you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Democrito_71
12-26-2014, 04:44 AM

People have said this before, but I didn't know there was so much support for this idea.

Honestly, I'll be disappointed if Jack the Ripper is just someone you find in a murder/mystery sidequest or is indeed a templar.

Having a delusional Assassin who technically follows the creed (but skews it to their liking) would be a nice new perspective for the franchise.

I really like this idea! It could be a another sage who is an delusional/insane Assassin who kills these prostitutes cause he fails to allow Juno to assume control over their bodies.

Altair1789
12-26-2014, 04:56 AM
I really like this idea! It could be a another sage who is an delusional/insane Assassin who kills these prostitutes cause he fails to allow Juno to assume control over their bodies.

I thought she could only even try to control their bodies after Desmond released her. Otherwise she wouldn't have even needed Desmond to open the door, I doubt she'd tell Jack to do that when she can't even try to take their bodies

VestigialLlama4
12-26-2014, 07:25 AM

Even for a delusional Assassin, the idea of murdering unarmed defenceless women doesn't make any sense. The Assassins have always been in favor of legalized prostitution and one of the targets in Brotherhood is a psycho who kills sex workers. I don't see how its technically following the Creed in any sense, the deaths were cruel and involved mutilation of the corpse post-mortem which Assassins expressly forbid. Okay, they can make the victims Templars, but why would Templars make poor, starving, slumdwellers initiates into their secret order to control the world. None of the victims were even Madams.

If they wanted to do a morally ambiguous Assassin, they had the perfect opportunity in UNITY, with its Revolutionary Gray setting...and they blew it, with its pious Assassins (except for one party crasher) and baby-eating psycho-Templars (except for the Hot Girl). Anyone who expects a gray conflict after that is wasting their breath.

I think with the Sage plotline going on, one way to resolve it is quite obvious...make the hero a Sage, and the villain a Sage as well and maybe another Sage as a supporting character. In Black Flag, the Thom Kavanagh letters show that not all Sages are evil, that dude was okay. And Darby says that two or more Sages can coexist at the same time. The theme of the double, the doppelganger was quite popular in Victorian London and fiction, the changeling fantasy and all that. So you can also confuse the issue with the villain being jack the ripper who looks like the hero.

Hans684
12-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes, fighting Assassins is far more fun. Their not the kind of people that throws parties and waits to be killed. They actually fight back.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-26-2014, 12:51 PM

300 likes is not "widely supported". I don't think playing a nutcase would go over very well with most players. Most gamers tend to think that they're playing themselves to some degree (which is why so many male gamers don't like the idea of playing as a woman). Anyway, it's never going to happen - Ubisoft's days of being innovative and pushing the boundaries with AC are long past.

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2014, 01:44 PM
I’d be really disappointed, because there’s a lot more to that period than Jack The Ripper. For God’s sake, why isn’t anybody mentioning Nikola Tesla and his inventions?!

m4r-k7
12-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Not going to happen. They wouldn't glorify the character, even if you did play as an innocent Jack the Ripper who was supposedly framed by Templars. He will be referenced, but I doubt he will be anything more than a murder mystery / easter egg. Also, they have never made the protagonist of an AC game a historical figure and never will.

ze_topazio
12-26-2014, 02:12 PM
I’d be really disappointed, because there’s a lot more to that period than Jack The Ripper. For God’s sake, why isn’t anybody mentioning Nikola Tesla and his inventions?!

When it comes to Victorian period most people only know about Jack the Ripper and excessive fog all over the city.

Democrito_71
12-26-2014, 02:18 PM
I thought she could only even try to control their bodies after Desmond released her. Otherwise she wouldn't have even needed Desmond to open the door, I doubt she'd tell Jack to do that when she can't even try to take their bodies

He's insane so he belives Juno's giving him order to find the perfect body for her to assume control over, but it's only in his own imagination since he's insane.

DumbGamerTag94
12-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Iíd be really disappointed, because thereís a lot more to that period than Jack The Ripper. For Godís sake, why isnít anybody mentioning Nikola Tesla and his inventions?!
That's probably because he had absolutely nothing to do with Victorian London. He was an Eastern European who immigrated to the United States. And from what I've checked he never lived in London. Tesla was an American.

I mean I suppose London could give us Alexander Ghram Bell who invented a lot more than just the telephone. But if the game takes place in the 1880s rather than the 1870s and earlier(which I suspect it to be 1880s by the electric lighted marquis signs on buildings in some of the screens). In that case you can count him out as well as he also left for the States.

So yeahhhhhhhhhh.......London...............exciting? !?! Lol :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Not going to happen. They wouldn't glorify the character, even if you did play as an innocent Jack the Ripper who was supposedly framed by Templars. He will be referenced, but I doubt he will be anything more than a murder mystery / easter egg. Also, they have never made the protagonist of an AC game a historical figure and never will.

Completely agree with this.

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2014, 03:12 PM
When it comes to Victorian period most people only know about Jack the Ripper and excessive fog all over the city.

I just hope they create something fictional for this setting. People have been crying for Victorian London for ages and I’m glad they’re finally doing it so we can get it out of the way and focus on something new with the next game. I knew they’d do it after Unity even when everyone was expecting Napoleonic Wars, as I knew they want a new and demanded setting where they can reuse some of the assets and engine of ACU. So there we go, we got it.

I hope they create some Brotherhood and First Civ. related mysteries and of course Temples (which were absent in ACU) so that they make that period more interesting. I’m worried, tbh.

That's probably because he had absolutely nothing to do with Victorian London. He was an Eastern European who immigrated to the United States. And from what I've checked he never lived in London. Tesla was an American.

I mean I suppose London could give us Alexander Ghram Bell who invented a lot more than just the telephone. But if the game takes place in the 1880s rather than the 1870s and earlier(which I suspect it to be 1880s by the electric lighted marquis signs on buildings in some of the screens). In that case you can count him out as well as he also left for the States.

So yeahhhhhhhhhh.......London...............exciting? !?! Lol :rolleyes:

Well they can reference him in one way or another. His inventions maybe. I mean AC have always tried to twist history towards its own ends and explain it by saying “this is true history as we’re using the Animus”. So maybe they can have someone inspired by him, replicating his creations, or maybe he paid a visit that was somehow erased from history deliberately or accidentally due to the nature of his inventions. I’d be really happy about that.

I just hope they create something fictional for this setting. People have been crying for Victorian London for ages and I’m glad they’re finally doing it so we can get it out of the way and focus on something new with the next game. I knew they’d do it after Unity even when everyone was expecting Napoleonic Wars, as I knew they want a new and demanded setting where they can reuse some of the assets and engine of ACU. So there we go, we got it.

I hope they create some Brotherhood and First Civ. related mysteries and of course Temples (which were absent in ACU) so that they make that period more interesting. I’m worried, tbh.

Megas_Doux
12-26-2014, 03:37 PM

A 1000000 times this!!!!!!

I feel exactly the same whenever I see, read or hear that AC japan would be the "besssss ting evarrrrrr" because of ninjas!!!!!!!!! Like if your average assassin in any given setting was not the romantizced version of a ninja: deadly, agile and stealthy character....

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Iíd be really disappointed, because thereís a lot more to that period than Jack The Ripper. For Godís sake, why isnít anybody mentioning Nikola Tesla and his inventions?!

Fair point.

Hopefully he's the one that gives us the gripping hook and a Neon lamp for missions at night. :rolleyes:

That reminds me...Nights should actually be DARK.

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2014, 11:34 PM
A 1000000 times this!!!!!!

I feel exactly the same whenever I see, read or hear that AC japan would be the "besssss ting evarrrrrr" because of ninjas!!!!!!!!! Like if your average assassin in any given setting was not the romantizced version of a ninja: deadly, agile and stealthy character....

THANK YOU!

And yes, I agree.

I personally do wish to see Ninjas in a Japanese AC, because their moves do fit in with the style of the Assassins. However, I don’t want them to be shoehorned into the story just because. I want them to have a role, such as being Assassins themselves or helping the Assassins or hell, even being agents working for the Templars to end the Assassins. But all done in the right way.

Fair point.

Hopefully he's the one that gives us the gripping hook and a Neon lamp for missions at night. :rolleyes:

That reminds me...Nights should actually be DARK.

Yes. I mean maybe he won’t be there in the flesh, but anything inspired by him or imitated from him or invented by him and got smuggled or imported to London would be great. Hell, even blueprints of his works that never saw the light of day, could actually happen in the game’s story. Tesla could be what Da Vinci was to Ezio and ACII.

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Yes. I mean maybe he won’t be there in the flesh, but anything inspired by him or imitated from him or invented by him and got smuggled or imported to London would be great. Hell, even blueprints of his works that never saw the light of day, could actually happen in the game’s story. Tesla could be what Da Vinci was to Ezio and ACII.

Yeah, and maybe it's left for us and a another inventor ( fictional or not) to make what he started?

I could see it. :cool:

RinoTheBouncer
12-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Yeah, and maybe it's left for us and a another inventor ( fictional or not) to make what he started?

I could see it. :cool:

Yeah. Exactly!
Tesla doesn’t need to be present, we just need the concept and perhaps the blueprints. Maybe Tesla got all his ideas from Consus, the First Civ. member or a Piece of Eden that we’ll stumble upon.

Namikaze_17
12-27-2014, 12:42 AM
Yeah. Exactly!
Tesla doesn’t need to be present, we just need the concept and perhaps the blueprints. Maybe Tesla got all his ideas from Consus, the First Civ. member or a Piece of Eden that we’ll stumble upon.

Maybe this POE?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140701122418/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/e5/ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg/480px-ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg

It was shattered in 1839, but it still could hold power I think.

I'm confident this is our POE for Victory because of the timeline and its mention that said: "It was also rumored that only women could control its power."

Considering Queen Victoria, A first civ female appearing from it, and how women were most likely treated in the Victorian era leads me to this theory.

Hopefully I'm right. ;)

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Koh-i-Noor

RinoTheBouncer
12-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Maybe this POE?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140701122418/assassinscreed/images/thumb/e/e5/ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg/480px-ACBM-Koh-i-Noor.jpg

It was shattered in 1839, but it still could hold power I think.

I'm confident this is our POE for Victory because of the timeline and its mention that said: "It was also rumored that only women could control its power."

Considering Queen Victoria, A first civ female appearing from it, and how women were most likely treated in the Victorian era leads me to this theory.

Hopefully I'm right. ;)

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Koh-i-Noor

YES! to be perfectly honest, I’ve always thought Brahman was an EPIC book and I really wanna know more about this POE and the First Civ. member who spoke at the end. I really hope we get to discuss this in depth along with the Ankh and the Shroud of Eden, eventually.