PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue: Morrigan's Ram Weaker than the Jackdaw's

DatelessDread
12-25-2014, 02:28 AM
With a Fully Upgraded Morrigan, the first thing I do to every Ship I see is Ram it. Having Utilized this Tactic since Black Flag, I quickly noticed that the Ram was much Weaker on the Morrigan than that of the Jackdaw. To give some Context, I Rammed a Level 49 Man o' War (as that is the most Difficult Ship I could find) and noticed that I only took away five or six Blocks of its Health. Afterwards, I got on Black Flag and did the same Test--I found a Level 49 Man o' War and I Rammed it. I didn't even have to count the amount of Damage I had dealt to this Man o' War to know that I took away half of its entire Health Bar. I guess you could Insult me for Complaining, but it's something that really bothers me for some reason.

wvstolzing
12-25-2014, 05:08 AM
The Morrigan is supposed to be smaller than the Jackdaw, that might be the reason.

DatelessDread
12-26-2014, 04:41 AM
Fully Upgraded Morrigan (Fully Upgraded Jackdaw):

Hull Armor: 5,000 (5,000)
Broadside Cannons: 17 (23)
Broadside Damage: 130 (100)
Front Carronades (Chain Shots): 4 (4)
Front Carronades Damage (Chain Shots Damage): 65 (65)
Heavy Shot Damage: 260 (260)
Heavy Shot Storage: 40 (40)
Ram Damage: 2,500 (4,000)
Mortars Damage: 4,000 (4,000)
Mortars Storage: 20 (20)
Burning Oil Damage (Fire Barrels Damage): 600 (600)
Burning Oil Storage (Fire Barrels Storage): 70 (40)
Puckle Gun Damage (Swivel Damage): 500 (500)
Puckle Gun Cylinder (Swivel Ammo): 45 (N/A)
Crew's Quarters: 40 (40)
Cargo Storage: 2,000 (2,000)

Fully Upgraded Morrigan's Rowboat (Fully Upgraded Jackdaw's Rowboat):
Rowboat Armor: 300 (300)
Harpoon Damage: 300 (300)
Harpoon Storage: 40 (30)

MORRIGAN SUMMARY:
The Morrigan technically has more Cannons because it Fires them twice (17x2=34),
deals more Damage with its normal Broadside, and has a better Storage for Burning
Oil (Fire Barrels). Although Fire Barrels and Burning Oil are different, I think one
"Splotch" of Burning Oil is equivalent in Damage to that of four Fire Barrels. In terms of the
Morrigan's Rowboat, it has a better Storage for Harpoons (with 10 more).

JACKDAW SUMMARY:
The Jackdaw has a much better Ram, dealing 4,000 Damage as opposed to the
Morrigan's 2,500 Damage. Other than that, the Jackdaw has an Infinite amount
of Ammunition for its Swivels. Despite the fact that the Jackdaw is better than the
Morrigan at only two things, it's better at those two things by a DRAMATIC
margin.

RADAR__4077
12-26-2014, 05:26 AM
I personally don't make a habit of using the ram, but it would make sense because the jackdaw has much more weight to throw around.

JustPlainQuirky
12-26-2014, 05:32 AM
Shay would still beat Edward in a naval fight.

Nah, probably not.

But I like to pretend he would.

I love Shay.

RADAR__4077
12-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Shay would still beat Edward in a naval fight.

Nah, probably not.

But I like to pretend he would.

I love Shay.

I think Shay would win in the rivers where maneuverability would decide the battle. I think Edward would win on the open ocean just because of the extra firepower.

phoenix-force411
12-26-2014, 12:43 PM
The Aquila is still better than both the Jackdaw and the Morrigan.

The Morrigan's Ram charge attack has been nerf'd, because it's not a skill you acquire from doing dangerous stuff like ACIV where you had to defeat all Legendary Ship battles to acquire the Ram charge attack. Also, I'm quite glad that they nerf'd it, because it was overpowered in ACIV but that was because it was a hard-earned reward.

The Morrigan can only charge with a Ram level 2 and up. This has nothing to do with ship types. Jackdaw is a brig, and we all know brigs love to ram given the chance whereas the Morrigan, a schooner, does not ram. The Morrigan is a half brig and half schooner, because it is a larger than a regular schooner, and its sailes are just about the same size as a Brig(Jackdaw, in this case). It's a ship meant for the Atlantic Ocean.

In Rogue, a level 49 Man O' War is already pretty difficult to face whereas in ACIV Man O' Wars above that level are a bit easier for the Jackdaw. Looking at the amount of segments within a level 49 Man O' War's health in Rogue, there are significantly more which could mean that Rogue's ships are harder at lower levels compared to ACIV ships. Man O' War mortars in Rogue do seem to go much farther than ACIV Man O' Wars.

To OP's post, although the swivel has infinite ammo(actually both do have infinite ammo, but the puckle gun requires reloading when fired for an extended amount of time(If at elite, it takes even longer to make the puckle gun reload)but it does not require buying more ammunition), it cannot be fired unless weak points are present whereas the puckle gun can be fired at will and provides more versatility within combat.

DatelessDread
12-27-2014, 01:23 AM
The Morrigan would definitely Win against the Jackdaw. With more Speed, I feel like it would be easy to Dodge the Jackdaw's Attacks as well as its OP Ram. It also depends on the Environment in which the two Ships are Fighting. In a tighter, more Compact Location, the Morrigan would easily best the Jackdaw. The same can be said for the North Atlantic. I think even if the Morrigan was brought to the West-Indies, it would still Win. Although the Jackdaw can perform better here, the Morrigan keeps its better Attributes. It's here that the Jackdaw has only a CHANCE that it can Sink the Morrigan, but it's everywhere else that the Morrigan seems to have the Upper Hand. As for Connor and his Aquila, I think the Morrigan AND the Jackdaw separately could Sink it. I would Love to Board the Aquila and Sink my Blade into Connor's Throat as I watch him Choke not only on my Blade, but on his own Blood.

In Response to phoenix-force41:
The Morrigan is neither a Brig nor a Schooner. It is rather a very heavily Modified "Sloop-of-War." This is also the reason I believe it would Defeat the Jackdaw and the Aquila. It's a very Advanced Ship with great Maneuverability. I agree with you in the instance that the Ram deserved to be Nerf'd, because of how OP it was in Black Flag, but at the same Time, I don't think it should've been Nerf'd to the extent it was. Deducting 1,500 Damage Points is a little Ridiculous in my Opinion. Given how Evil the Morrigan's Ram is, I'd say 1,000 should've been taken away at the MOST.

JustPlainQuirky
12-27-2014, 01:45 AM
Aquila vs. Jackdaw vs. Morrigan vs. Experto Crede

Let's goooooo