PDA

View Full Version : Normal Gamer Review of Unity

Legends1997
12-25-2014, 02:03 AM
For some odd reason I keep playing it but so far its the worse Assassins Creed game I've played gameplay wise. First thing that totally pisses me off is you cant counter someone with a gun, like in AC3 you'd use someone as a body shield, and every enemy has a gun so at times you're just ******. Now lets move on to how long it takes to kill some one, to damn long, I literally have to slash at someone at least 5 times or more just to kill them which is stupid. I'm not saying everybody should be one hit kill but if I hit someone and they stumble back I should have to slash and stab 10 more times just to kill that person. Now who ever at ubisoft decided that giving enemies the ability to preform instant kill hits, you're ******ed and should not make video games. What's the point in a health bar if a guy can come up and put a blade through your chest? Lastly the nonresponsive parkour is annoying because you've added so much things the player wants to jump to that it doesn't run smoothly 24/7. So now lets compare game shall we, in AC3 I could easily kill 50 or more people easy and it was fun, keyword "fun", now in Unity I can maybe kill 10 people but that's if I get the drop on some of them. The parry or counter in this game blows so hard, it rarely works and when it does some one shoots you, you roll away to get to safety and then next thing you know there's a sword in your chest. Plus the camera is fixed onto the character way to close I cant see who I'm fighting so how do I know when to counter? If it weren't for the awesome graphics and decent story I would have rage quit a long time ago.

Enemies are to equal in that they can kill you because you cant really defend your self like in previous AC games, fighting moves suck and counter are useless unlike AC3, and the whole puzzles and finding stuff is the most annoying time consuming garbage I've seen in a game to date.

***Profanity removed. An auto censor exists, so please refrain from bypassing it by partially masking the word(s) - Thanks

Altair1789
12-25-2014, 05:45 AM
I agree on the gun part, it's annoying, but I mostly like the fighting system. The story, though, is not decent at all in my opinion. Maybe for a game that doesn't involve a big overarching plot, but for an Assassin's Creed game, it was terrible

king-hailz
12-25-2014, 03:09 PM
The difficulty in fighting is great! The system is great! Maybe you should buy a katana or something! You can then kill people in one or two hits... The problem I have is the slow animations, and the sluggishness of the controls...

Aphex_Tim
12-25-2014, 06:16 PM
"fun"

"Press Square to insta-kill everyone" got real boring real fast.

rrebe
12-25-2014, 06:20 PM
The new fighting system is great, it feels like you have to actually work and think to survive the fight while not being too hard to learn.

Aphex_Tim
12-25-2014, 07:51 PM
^Exactly.Every time I get killed in AC:U. it feels like it's my fault alone. I never feel like I get killed in a cheap way.
If I get too hasty, I start to **** up my parries and dodges and get skewered before I know it!

Hans684
12-25-2014, 08:10 PM
^ But at the end you have to much of anything and can't die.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
12-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Well get the Gold Plated Pistol it is a 1 shot kill. But you have to have 125,000 to get it. Love AC Unity I hope they keep this template.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
12-27-2014, 03:37 AM
I am so glad the cut people like you out of it, if you want a cheese fest just drop smoke and stun bombs.

Altair1789
12-27-2014, 06:48 AM
Y'know what would be a nice revision to the fighting system? Make it so that if you perfect parry the same guy 3 times in a row, you do a counter kill on the third one. I don't mean for this to make the game easier, but countering in Assassin's Creed is iconic to me as leaps of faith. Also, PLEASE let us have a huge variety of weapons. 1 sword, 2 swords, huge swords, tomahawks, bows and arrows (why not), and pretty much everything else in the book. Also letting us carry a rifle/longsword + sword would be great. Or sword + tomahawk + rifle. Also, I'd love to see the return of hidden blades and fists as equipable weapons.

Ubisoft please, I'd love you forever

Aphex_Tim
12-27-2014, 09:49 AM
^ But at the end you have to much of anything and can't die.

Well then it's a win-win situation, right?
Players who want easy combat can just buff themselves to the max and it becomes as easy as in the previous games.

Hans684
12-27-2014, 12:21 PM
Well then it's a win-win situation, right?
Players who want easy combat can just buff themselves to the max and it becomes as easy as in the previous games.

Indeed, it's balanced. The difficulty depends on what you have and use.

burton10x
12-27-2014, 02:02 PM
For some odd reason I keep playing it but so far its the worse Assassins Creed game I've played gameplay wise. First thing that totally pisses me off is you cant counter someone with a gun, like in AC3 you'd use someone as a body shield, and every enemy has a gun so at times you're just f**ked. Now lets move on to how long it takes to kill some one, to damn long, I literally have to slash at someone at least 5 times or more just to kill them which is stupid. I'm not saying everybody should be one hit kill but if I hit someone and they stumble back I should have to slash and stab 10 more times just to kill that person. Now who ever at ubisoft decided that giving enemies the ability to preform instant kill hits, you're ******ed and should not make video games. What's the point in a health bar if a guy can come up and put a blade through your chest? Lastly the nonresponsive parkour is annoying because you've added so much things the player wants to jump to that it doesn't run smoothly 24/7. So now lets compare game shall we, in AC3 I could easily kill 50 or more people easy and it was fun, keyword "fun", now in Unity I can maybe kill 10 people but that's if I get the drop on some of them. The parry or counter in this game blows so hard, it rarely works and when it does some one shoots you, you roll away to get to safety and then next thing you know there's a sword in your chest. Plus the camera is fixed onto the character way to close I cant see who I'm fighting so how do I know when to counter? If it weren't for the awesome graphics and decent story I would have rage quit a long time ago.

Enemies are to equal in that they can kill you because you cant really defend your self like in previous AC games, fighting moves suck and counter are useless unlike AC3, and the whole puzzles and finding stuff is the most annoying time consuming garbage I've seen in a game to date.

I couldn't agree with ya more man, I just posted a rant on here about the same things yesterday. Good point about the body shields completely forgot to mention that. Getting sniped when your about a football field away and then making that shot a one-shot kill is just plain pathetic. Everything you said is just spot on. Killing in previous AC's was fun..yeah sometimes it is too easy but your an assassin for christ's sake; I grew up with this game assuming assassins were just masters at combat it should be easy! And counters...excuse me, parry now (even sounds weak), is a joke. Slashing a guy 10 times is just dumb and I wish there was an option to have the camera permanently zoomed further out. Maybe there is and I didn't see it but either way awful.

burton10x
12-27-2014, 02:06 PM
The new fighting system is great, it feels like you have to actually work and think to survive the fight while not being too hard to learn.

I'd much rather have a combat system with alot of complexity in my opinion. This one seemed to simple and just caused it to be frustratingly boring..but again its my opinion.

Minsooky
12-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Christ do people not like to be challenged by games anymore? Unity's strength was that you couldn't just rush in and Rambo everyone. You had to put some thought into your strategy and screwing up didn't mean you'd lose a few health points, it meant you usually desynched. Maybe they should make future AC installments where you can choose your own difficulty setting.

Also if you don't want combat to be challenging at all, just upgrade your gear and weapons a lot, then you'll be OP.