PDA

View Full Version : What kind of assassin are you?

RADAR__4077
12-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Now that Initiates is finally working, I was curious about what kind of assassins are out there.

I'm an infiltrator according to initiates.

I use the highest available military gear and the silver plated musket.

I like to use freerunning and cover to get close for quick hit and run attacks, or use the musket, phantom blades, berserk blades, and/or gas grenades to clear a path before moving in.

VestigialLlama4
12-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Now that Initiates is finally working, I was curious about what kind of assassins are out there.

I'm an infiltrator according to initiates.

I use the highest available military gear and the silver plated musket.

I like to use freerunning and cover to get close for quick hit and run attacks, or use the musket, phantom blades, berserk blades, and/or gas grenades to clear a path before moving in.

I am basically a Fixer. I use the quickest path of least resistance available to me -- if its stealthy its stealthy, if its combat its combat -- either way, the job gets done and I walk away.

Shahkulu101
12-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Apparently an infiltrator.

But "restarts checkpoint in a fit of rage after being detected" would be more accurate.

Matknapers18
12-24-2014, 11:30 PM
yup, Infiltrator as well. Seems like this label goes to those who try be stealthy, fail miserably and just flee from combat. Well, thats me anyway lol

LoyalACFan
12-24-2014, 11:43 PM
I refuse to join Initiates, so I don't know what the choices are. I play pretty stealthily though if I can, although the poor AI sometimes irritates me enough that I just trigger combat and massacre everyone. I usually wear one of two gear combinations; Tailored Musketeer, or Legendary Phantom. I don't mix and match very much, it usually ends up looking horrible IMO. I prefer the Ceremonial Partisan and the Officer's sabre (which isn't that great stats-wise but it looks fantastic).

Hans684
12-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Judging by Unity I prefer Assassin Hunter.

Namikaze_17
12-25-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't know because I don't look at Initiates...

Though I prefer to use Stealth for the most part, but I go rambo if all else fails or when I feel like it. ^^

GoldenBoy9999
12-25-2014, 02:24 AM
I don't trust Initiates' ranking system and I don't care for the site too much so I'm just gonna tell you what I do.

I like playing stealthy mainly and I carry extra blades and ammo for ranged shots. The blades come in handy because I don't get detected and when there's no one else I use my sniper. I play stealthy, but when I can't get to someone, I take them out from a distance.

Rafe Harwood
12-25-2014, 03:11 AM
This was a terrible time to start this thread.

Initiates has been taken offline for the Christmas holiday period so cannot check until next year hehe

On the bright side, all gold initiates chests have been unlocked so we can access them without needing to be any rank, so all those who don't like Initiates, grab the chests now ;)

Democrito_71
12-25-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm an infiltrator, I always make sure to never get detected by using the environments by blending in the crowds, hidding behind covers as much as possible and to sneak around on the rooftops in guarded areas. I always scout before I infiltrate a guarded area and count how many enemies there is, what type of enemies are there and how many open windows are in the area. When I know all that, I assassinate the snipers on the roofs first, then taking out the snipers who are looking out from windows, when they are taken out I deal with the guards on the ground by using cover kills. If there's not enough cover and there are too many guards on the ground, I use the berserk blades to make the enemies kill each other. While they are fighting each other, I headshot them either with a pistol from long range(preferably from a rooftop behind a cover) or headshot them with the phantom blade. if I'm out of ammo(both pistol and phantom blades) while they're fighting, I throw a smoke grenade and several poison grenades to take the rest out.

Altair1789
12-25-2014, 05:48 AM
It changes all the time, but I mostly consider myself one of the guys holding a sword and gun. I like a mix of ranged and melee

Seriously though every 5 seconds I get an update on initiates. If it judged you based on behavior and not just completing challenges or using certain weapons, I'd like acinitiates more

SixKeys
12-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Initiates' rating changes all the time according to the stuff you did in your latest playthrough. Most often it pins me as an infiltrator since I try to do all missions stealthily.

Hans684
12-25-2014, 01:28 PM
On a serious note I'm most likely an infiltrator but I don't use Initiates, so I can't tell.

aL_____eX
12-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I always try to act as stealthy as possible, but especially in Co-op (even with friends) it always ends up in a mess. :(

Aphex_Tim
12-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm the kind of Assassin that goes in with the intention of being stealthy, then gets spotted by a hive-minded guard so I end up slaughtering a dozen guards in a massive fight, then go back to being stealthy as if nothing happened.

Jackdaw951
12-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm the kind of Assassin that goes in with the intention of being stealthy, then gets spotted by a hive-minded guard so I end up slaughtering a dozen guards in a massive fight, then go back to being stealthy as if nothing happened.

You stole my post! Thief . . . THIEF! . . . somebody STOP him! :D

Pretty much on the money. I go in with the intention of being invisible, but when it hits the fan, I go into grim-reaper mode. Then I make sure to shank anyone still squirming on the ground. That's for ruining my plan, peasant. Then I go back to slinking around all the other guards who are still oblivious to the noisy carnage that just happened nearby.

HeJePi
12-25-2014, 05:29 PM
On the bright side, all gold initiates chests have been unlocked so we can access them without needing to be any rank, so all those who don't like Initiates, grab the chests now ;)
Is it true ? Or is this a Christmas joke ?
Must try that tomorrow ... it is 00:30 AM here now :cool:

Game playing style, I am a Stealth Man ... since I discovered the beauty of Stealth playing 'Thief' while waiting for ACU.

But the detection engine of ACU is so inaccurate sometimes that Stealth can morph into slaughter fest in a blink of an eye.

Just imagine those snipers on the rooftop can detect a mosquito a few miles away ... and at the same time tell the whole swarm of enemies where you are.

I especially enjoy berserk blades ... so I get a group of fighting monkeys that I enjoy to smoke, stun, distract and, of course, poison :D

I miss AC2R sticky lethal pouch to the highest degree :cool:

rrebe
12-25-2014, 06:14 PM
The style changes every day depending on what I've been doing, but I feel like Infiltrator and Prowler are the closest to the style I like to play.

haha, sounds familiar :D
The rest of the mission is very stealthy because all the guards are already dead because of that one big skirmish.. :rolleyes:
(I often try to run away and try again once the dust has settled to avoid that)

Assassin_M
12-25-2014, 07:20 PM
This thread feels like it's berating me...like a parent after you get a B.
"What kind of son, are you?"

Rafe Harwood
12-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Is it true ? Or is this a Christmas joke ?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/981770-AC-Initiates-Status-Read-the-first-post?p=10467365&viewfull=1#post10467365

Jackdaw951
12-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Kinda moot, since XBL is down due to traffic and DDoS attacks. But good to know. Will try later.

SOLIDSOUTHCENTRA
12-27-2014, 03:31 AM
Stealth