PDA

View Full Version : Alternative ways to unlock legendary gear!

JJmp40
12-24-2014, 04:54 PM
The club system they added I think is actually very great and I love the heist/co-op missions, but please let us get the legendary gear some other way! It could be a giant price around 2,000,000 or even 20,000,000. I don't even mind spending some real money for some of the gear! It's just that a lot of the gear fits together really well, I was drawn to the prowler gear instantly but since the legendary gear was unlocked with a club competition I decided to go for my second best; the medieval gear. Well guess what!? Club competition for the hood! I know I speak for a lot of other ACU players. Please Ubisoft! Please...

Infinite_Shock
12-24-2014, 05:28 PM
I agree, just make the legendary gear spend more money if it dont unlock with club competition.I dont care how much more i need to pay,just give me another way to get it.

medavroog
12-24-2014, 06:48 PM
I have to fully disagree with this thread's idea because doing so will negate and destroy the motivation for partaking the club competition.

JJmp40
12-24-2014, 07:37 PM
I have to fully disagree with this thread's idea because doing so will negate and destroy the motivation for partaking the club competition.

No it won't. As long as they make the prices INSANELY high. Some people don't mind grinding which are the people who aren't competitive. Like myself.

NightmareGK13
12-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I agree wholely with the thread, and I come as team Leader of La Legion, Bronze Division one with over 1mil points. Were first and possibly will be until the end of the week.
However, I must agree with the thread, many of the clubs wont be able to unlock the gear, which makes me feel bad, not out of sympathy but because I'd hate to be in their shoes, and I know very well that some aren't competitive, I count myself among them yet I was forced to create a club, make it run, invite people and meet some cool friends to help each other out.
Not only that, it will take months to be able to unlock all gear... assuming a club wins ALL clubs competitions throughout the months.

Speaking for my team, an alternate method, being high prices or something else, would not take the edge of competing, as other rewards could be given to the clubs for their victories as well as the legendary gear.

Smrda94
12-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I agree wholely with the thread, and I come as team Leader of La Legion, Bronze Division one with over 1mil points. Were first and possibly will be until the end of the week.
However, I must agree with the thread, many of the clubs wont be able to unlock the gear, which makes me feel bad, not out of sympathy but because I'd hate to be in their shoes, and I know very well that some aren't competitive, I count myself among them yet I was forced to create a club, make it run, invite people and meet some cool friends to help each other out.
Not only that, it will take months to be able to unlock all gear... assuming a club wins ALL clubs competitions throughout the months.

Speaking for my team, an alternate method, being high prices or something else, would not take the edge of competing, as other rewards could be given to the clubs for their victories as well as the legendary gear.

I agree with u mate !

similarly
12-25-2014, 12:36 AM
I agree. Some teams simply can't compete with other teams. In club competitions, the leading team has TEN TIMES more points than any other team in our competition group. There's NO WAY we'll ever catch up.

strigoi1958
12-25-2014, 04:33 AM
or even do a set amount of heists completely unseen to unlock a piece of gear.... that way people would still do the co-op but they would need to be really stealthy to on every heist to earn something... and with some very strange guard movements and guards with x-ray vision at the moment... that is very difficult.:D

Fatal-Feit
12-25-2014, 05:07 AM
I completely agree. Club competitions are locking a ton of content and the only way to get them are to participate. Locked content are just not fun... What's with Ubisoft and making things inconvenient for players these days?

JJmp40
12-25-2014, 12:20 PM
I completely agree. Club competitions are locking a ton of content and the only way to get them are to participate. Locked content are just not fun... What's with Ubisoft and making things inconvenient for players these days?

Yeah at first it was the stuttering (which was fixed by patch 4 (for me at least)) But then I noticed the whole app thing and my phone wasn't compatible with it and a lot of players didn't have a smart phone/tablet. But in all honesty it's only the club competitions that are making me get frustrated.

Spikey1989
12-26-2014, 10:19 AM
hm.. if u dont like locked content, why do u even bother to buy the game? cause u know there will be locked content in almost all Ubisoft game, so if u dont like it dont buy it. hard truth, but that is the reality.

TR.Misterscruff
12-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Tbh I can live without it, the whole ACU has never been user friendly from the start.

NightmareGK13
12-28-2014, 12:32 AM
lets not this one die out :P

johnsmith145
12-28-2014, 12:32 PM
You seriously expect us to be online for several hours during a period of… What? A year? #### that.

Amancio. You should join Blizzard on WoW. Not spend your time ruining Assassin's Greed.

medavroog
12-28-2014, 03:08 PM
No it won't. As long as they make the prices INSANELY high. Some people don't mind grinding which are the people who aren't competitive. Like myself.

How 'bout making the requirement to unlock using the helix credits instead of the usual in-game incomes money? ... perhaps such will motivate​ UbiSoft to add this feature?

Fatal-Feit
12-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Only 20 more club competition victories to go...

Seriously, locked content aren't fun. THEY. ARE. NOT. FUN.

medavroog
12-28-2014, 04:20 PM

Seriously, locked content aren't fun. THEY. ARE. NOT. FUN.

I agree ... but UbiSoft have made them so with the club competition feature introduced (eventually) ... what can we do except play (farm) the competitions.

ShootRawGuy
12-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Everyone was in the bronze division 1. Now after this first club event I guess the winners will go to Gold Division 1.2.3...9+. And the rest will drop down in the divisions further down as they ended further down. This will make it acctually cool to be in a huge good clan. I guess we have to wait for the next event. I did my part in my creed. 300 000+ points, and we won easy :)
About locked prices??? Annoying yeah. I bought the Elise and Arno (the fearless) figurines, which gives me Arnos the Fearless outfit, Arnos French Rapier, and his Dueling pistol. I can see them in the game, but I can not equip them. Thats annoying. BTW. What did we win =)

Feel free to join our creed for the next event...hahahaha

I agree ... but UbiSoft have made them so with the club competition feature introduced (eventually) ... what can we do except play (farm) the competitions.
Yeah. The farming was boring in the end :/

medavroog
12-28-2014, 05:27 PM
... Yeah. The farming was boring in the end :/

Seriously ... the farming was more than boring in the end. ... and we still got even more club competitions coming ... this is a nightmare​.

P.S. ... I am also not able to equip all my in-game items that supposed to be unlocked with the figurines and phantom blade replica, just like the issue you are having ... they appear on the list, says "upgraded" ... but no button for "equip".

We won this round the Legendary Sans-Culotte Coat which I dislike its looks because it lacks a tail like other sets.

NightmareGK13
12-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Indeed a nightmare, as I posted on the sticky thread

The moment players start to see club competition as a chore or as work, it will stop being fun and players will stop having fun.

medavroog
12-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Indeed a nightmare, as I posted on the sticky thread

The moment players start to see club competition as a chore or as work, it will stop being fun and players will stop having fun.

The problem is this nightmare is official and here to stay ... so unless players are forced to farm the competitions ... there will be no motivations for the events. More so, when many players already got tired with the game long before the club competition is released. The real question now is, can we actually still have fun with this game by the current turns and updates?

NightmareGK13
12-28-2014, 06:40 PM
The problem is this nightmare is official and here to stay ... so unless players are forced to farm the competitions ... there will be no motivations for the events. More so, when many players already got tired with the game long before the club competition is released. The real question now is, can we actually still have fun with this game by the current turns and updates?

In life the only thing certain is death and taxes, I doubt this is here to stay, although it may be so, there will be a likely chance that with the right pressure things may turn out for the best when it comes to finding other ways to release this content. As far as fun is concerned... I'll leave it blank so that the players can speak for themselves, each to their own

medavroog
12-28-2014, 06:46 PM
In life the only thing certain is death and taxes, I doubt this is here to stay, although it may be so, there will be a likely chance that with the right pressure things may turn out for the best when it comes to finding other ways to release this content. As far as fun is concerned... I'll leave it blank so that the players can speak for themselves, each to their own

People in my club already reached the edge of insanity with this club competition ... I dare not imagine what will happen with the next competition ... and then, the one after the next ...

Are we even sure this game is called Assassin's Creed Unity and not Assassin's Creed Insanity​ ?

Speedy_PC
12-28-2014, 06:49 PM

People in my club already reached the edge of insanity with this club competition ... I dare not imagine what will happen with the next competition ... and then, the one after the next ...

Are we even sure this game is called Assassin's Creed Unity and not Assassin's Creed Insanity​ ?

May I say that is life.

NightmareGK13
12-28-2014, 06:55 PM
May I say that is life.

We are here to have fun, it's a game, if I want to play life I have enough to worry myself with, and I know your issue so you know exactly what i'm talking about. We bought the game because we want to get fun, play, and leave our lives for a while... not to leave one job and go onto another. Not to get divided by a game...

My club was ok, we didn't stress nor go insane with this one, it was rather easy with 2million points. But I hope we don't go insane with the next ones...

medavroog
12-28-2014, 06:56 PM
May I say that is life.

Imagine that ! ... the game we supposed to enjoy and play is now becoming our lives ... nightmare​ .

Speedy_PC
12-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Imagine that ! ... the game we supposed to enjoy and play is now becoming our lives ... nightmare​ .

Then you can always shoot yourself in the foot during the ACU battle, why because I've been there 16 times.

Speedy_PC
12-28-2014, 07:08 PM
We are here to have fun, it's a game, if I want to play life I have enough to worry myself with, and I know your issue so you know exactly what i'm talking about. We bought the game because we want to get fun, play, and leave our lives for a while... not to leave one job and go onto another. Not to get divided by a game...

My club was ok, we didn't stress nor go insane with this one, it was rather easy with 2million points. But I hope we don't go insane with the next ones...

Fair enough than I can't complain.

NightmareGK13
12-28-2014, 07:09 PM

you, stop using my name in vain xDDD sorry couldn't resist throwing a little joke in here ;)

medavroog
12-29-2014, 03:41 PM
you, stop using my name in vain xDDD sorry couldn't resist throwing a little joke in here ;)

Right ... then daymare​ it is.

dargor5
12-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Agree with OP. I myself only played AC for the single player and I dread that ubisoft is forcing us to use MP to unlock items. There should be a way to get those without the club competitions. Im doing the coop missions alone and they are the best missions ever. They really pose a challenge for single player which I love

Speedy_PC
12-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Agree with OP. I myself only played AC for the single player and I dread that ubisoft is forcing us to use MP to unlock items. There should be a way to get those without the club competitions. Im doing the coop missions alone and they are the best missions ever. They really pose a challenge for single player which I love

I agree with you and I feel 100% the same as you.

NightmareGK13
12-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Hear the fans Ubisoft, we have spoken.

On a side note, finally it seems most players have all come to terms and are now seeing eye to eye on this matter. Second club competition hasn't even started yet, by the time Victory would come out we'd still be unlocking things, ridiculous.

Aenigmatix
12-29-2014, 07:44 PM
No, we have not spoken.

I completely disagree with this thread and OP's suggestion.

It's called "Legendary" gear for a reason. It's supposed to be extremely difficult to obtain.

I understand it's going to be difficult at first for small clubs to win competitions since Club Competitions just rolled out, and all clubs have been lumped together in bronze divisions for the time being. Which will make it next to impossible for, say, a club with 5 members to beat a club with 25+ members in a competition. But that's just the way it is for now, until the competitions flourish and the bigger, stronger clubs reach higher divisions, it will be more possible and likely for smaller clubs to attain the club competition gear in the bronze divisions, and slowly build up to the highest divisions.

Making the legendary gear available for purchase screws over the people who took the time to build big clubs and earn the legendary equipment. My club has 50 members and we demolished everyone in our competition -- precisely because we built our club up from scratch and recruited good players.

I already hate the prolific use of microtransactions in video games, so for that reason alone I'd be against making the legendary gear available for purchase.

What's next? Should we let people purchase the "Legendary" assassin rank, too? I worked for weeks to get to that rank, and it would piss me off if Ubisoft started letting noobs instantly jump to the rank for a $20.00 purchase.

Keep the system as it is, Ubisoft. If you guys want the legendary gear so much, work for it. Build a club or a join a big one and win competitions. That's the whole incentive to playing club competitions in the first place.

NightmareGK13
12-29-2014, 10:03 PM
No, we have not spoken.

I completely disagree with this thread and OP's suggestion.

It's called "Legendary" gear for a reason. It's supposed to be extremely difficult to obtain.

I understand it's going to be difficult at first for small clubs to win competitions since Club Competitions just rolled out, and all clubs have been lumped together in bronze divisions for the time being. Which will make it next to impossible for, say, a club with 5 members to beat a club with 25+ members in a competition. But that's just the way it is for now, until the competitions flourish and the bigger, stronger clubs reach higher divisions, it will be more possible and likely for smaller clubs to attain the club competition gear in the bronze divisions, and slowly build up to the highest divisions.

Making the legendary gear available for purchase screws over the people who took the time to build big clubs and earn the legendary equipment. My club has 50 members and we demolished everyone in our competition -- precisely because we built our club up from scratch and recruited good players.

I already hate the prolific use of microtransactions in video games, so for that reason alone I'd be against making the legendary gear available for purchase.

What's next? Should we let people purchase the "Legendary" assassin rank, too? I worked for weeks to get to that rank, and it would piss me off if Ubisoft started letting noobs instantly jump to the rank for a $20.00 purchase.

Keep the system as it is, Ubisoft. If you guys want the legendary gear so much, work for it. Build a club or a join a big one and win competitions. That's the whole incentive to playing club competitions in the first place.

Oh really? Tell me then, how many legendary pieces of gear are there? If the club competition is weekly, or should be but the next one hasn't shown up yet, how long will it take? Assuming a club would always win... Last time I remembered I purchased a game that was mostly single-player with multiplayer elements... i was not expecting most of the content to be locked via multiplayer only activities... your argument is one of the most ridiculous things i've read. If I wanted to be FORCED to play multiplayer to UNLOCK things, i would be playing TERA, or WOW, or LOL. ACU is not an mmorpg nor should it lock content this way...

Most of the people who do not compete will not unlock do you think this makes any sense? Get your head of your *** for christ sake. News flash, my team for 2mil points, the team below only made 100k or so... and upon seeing other teams that made 5mil would render out score utterly ridiculous. This is not the way...

I am club leader of La Legion, we are 50 members and demolished the other clubs as well... so i know exactly what you mean and i am still against it. Elitism isn't something i cope with

dargor5
12-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh really? Tell me then, how many legendary pieces of gear are there? If the club competition is weekly, or should be but the next one hasn't shown up yet, how long will it take? Assuming a club would always win... Last time I remembered I purchased a game that was mostly single-player with multiplayer elements... i was not expecting most of the content to be locked via multiplayer only activities... your argument is one of the most ridiculous things i've read. If I wanted to be FORCED to play multiplayer to UNLOCK things, i would be playing TERA, or WOW, or LOL. ACU is not an mmorpg nor should it lock content this way...

Most of the people who do not compete will not unlock do you think this makes any sense? Get your head of your *** for christ sake. News flash, my team for 2mil points, the team below only made 100k or so... and upon seeing other teams that made 5mil would render out score utterly ridiculous. This is not the way...

I am club leader of La Legion, we are 50 members and demolished the other clubs as well... so i know exactly what you mean and i am still against it.

Agree. I dont even have an idea of how the clubs work as is not explained in game nor do we have to be forced to play multiplayer on a mainly single player game. This goes for the Companion app too whihc I think sucks the big one but I have to keep playing it for the gear, ridiculous

Aenigmatix
12-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Dude, take a chill pill. There's no need to get as upset about this as you are.

Most of the content is not locked behind club competitions. If you're going take issue with my argument, don't turn around and back your own argument with exaggerations. The Master equipment is only negligibly worse than the legendary equipment.

There are about 40 pieces of legendary equipment. Many of them are unlocked normally without having to bother with co-op or club competitions. Some of them were unlocked by Ubisoft. About half of them are locked behind club competitions. And if you had read my post at all, you’d know I’ve already acknowledged that – yes – it will probably take a long time to get all the legendary equipment unlocked, if that’s your goal. I don’t blame Ubisoft for trying to come up with a co-op system that incentivizes people to keep playing that long. They’re entitled to do that, and if you don’t want to wait that long to unlock the equipment you want, then don’t do it. Move on to another game.

You do not need the legendary gear to finish or fully enjoy the game. You just want them because of the aesthetic value. If you want the upgrades: use the legendary equipment that’s already available. The rest are locked so that people like me who actually invest in and care about club competitions are rewarded.

I am club leader of La Legion, we are 50 members and demolished the other clubs as well... so i know exactly what you mean and i am still against it. Elitism isn't something i cope with

Yes, I think that makes complete and total sense. The legendary equipment locked behind club competitions only exist BECAUSE of club competitions. If you don’t compete, you don’t get them. What doesn’t make sense to you about that?

I don’t even know how to respond to the rest of your paragraph because most of it doesn’t make any sense. You seriously “news flashed” me? How old are you?

If you purchased this game intending only to play single player, there's nothing preventing you from doing that. But don't whine when you can't access content that the developers specifically intended only to be made available to people who actually maximize the full game experience, i.e. playing online co-op and club comps. I can't believe you think it's a good argument to basically say, "Well, if I don't want to play club competitions, I should still get all the content in the game, anyway!" It makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

How are you seriously surprised that, if you don’t play the full game, you won’t access the full content of the game?

NightmareGK13
12-29-2014, 11:57 PM
A game must be treated as a game, not a chore and not work. The moment players realize they are working instead of having fun playing, and that they need to play daily in order to contribute they will lose interest if the content remains the same. Especially if the same guard bugs continue... Playing a good and decent game is incentive enough to keep players playing... much like I am and have been playing many other games that are years old. If club competitions are not being released in a more timed fashion players will lose interest, if they start facing things as a chore, they will lose interest.

40 weeks to unlock all gear? Assuming you win them all... how on earth can you find sense in this is beyond comprehension, it's going to take a whole lot more time than it's actually feasible.

The thing is I am playing the full game... and have been for quite sometime... the fact that it took one month to launch said club competition is again beyond all ****ing comprehension, If you cannot fully understand the rest of my paragraph I recommend re-reading it. Club competitions did not exist upon launch, all content must be able to be unlocked without forcing players to do something outside the game... like the broken companion app which is still broken for some.

It is also not a matter of legendary being better or worse than master, it's a matter of unlocking content.

And if you don't think I care for club competition do you think I would have spent my time creating and recruiting people to my club? Or actually competing in it? I am defending my position, and standing up for what I believe is the right course of action, regardless of my views towards club competitions, otherwise I would have done nothing and stay idle. Despite winning, by a large margin, despite contributing with my fellow Legionnaires for the success of this club, I know what it's like to be on the losing end, and can actually place myself in their shoes... now that the losing clubs unlocked nothing, how will they be able to unlock it? Wait for the club competition to re-start?

Anykeyer
12-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Everyone who participated should be able to buy, winners get it for free. Everyone's happy.

40 weeks to unlock all gear? Assuming you win them all... how on earth can you find sense in this is beyond comprehension, it's going to take a whole lot more time than it's actually feasible.

ACU simply doesnt have so much replayability. Thats why the whole club competition thing feels so forced.

strigoi1958
12-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Any alternative would be nice... we have 50 members and won the last competition but I see teams with only a few members so it is almost impossible to compete :(

Speedy_PC
12-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Any alternative would be nice... we have 50 members and won the last competition but I see teams with only a few members so it is almost impossible to compete :(

This is not true I have create my own club two days ago before the club competition started and I'm already in the lead 1st place way on top, and I'm looking forward to see the club competition will be unlocked sorry you are mistaken.

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2014, 05:18 PM
^ Ur a diff story, doe

Speedy_PC
12-30-2014, 05:31 PM
^ Ur a diff story, doe

I do understand what you're saying from a different point of view.

strigoi1958
12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
This is not true I have create my own club two days ago before the club competition started and I'm already in the lead 1st place way on top, and I'm looking forward to see the club competition will be unlocked sorry you are mistaken.

there was just me on all day today except 4 hours and I was joined 3 times by 1 at a time and once with 2 more players... we're on 850,000 since 4 am and the team in 2nd is 270k and 3rd is 50k ... 4th is 12k usually the bigger active team will win... if my team does 200k each it is 10 million... I don't think that is a reasonable expectation for a single player team to beat in 1 week...

smaller teams will always have a disadvantage... by offering an alternative such as 2 consecutive heists with full bonus... it allows others to get something that they would have to wait until bigger teams had won everything

I expect nearly all the teams who won last time to win this time... especially as they have got a 10% increase in points for winning

dargor5
12-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Can anyone tell me how does the club thing works? I know how to join but how do I participate? Are there diferent missions for the club? Or just grind the ones on the game? Cause Im almost ran out of missions

LeeroyGearSolid
12-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Also, if you miss a club competition or lose, do you miss the type of gear entirely?

Fatal-Feit
12-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Also, if you miss a club competition or lose, do you miss the type of gear entirely?

If it's anything like community events, nope.

Just gotta wait for its return, which is in about 20 weeks. :rolleyes:

strigoi1958
12-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Can anyone tell me how does the club thing works? I know how to join but how do I participate? Are there diferent missions for the club? Or just grind the ones on the game? Cause Im almost ran out of missions

once you join/ start a club you go to the menu (escape key) to my brotherhood... it lists what section you are in, and where you are on the leaderboard etc... it shows which missions/ heists have double points and which kills have more points.

Make sure you add club members as friends or you cannot see them in game. then you invite another member for co-op (or go alone) and pick a mission or heist.

similarly
12-31-2014, 02:43 AM
I'm in a club of about 50, but almost all the points earned are mine. Someone else earned a few hundred, but I think my club is mostly inactive. I don't really have any other legendary gear I want to unlock, though. Maybe one or two, but I think right now I have the gear that best suits my play-style. Still, it would be nice to be in a group that's more active. I joined a Japanese group (since I live in Japan) thinking we'd be able to play together, being in the same time zone and all ...

I can't add team members as friends since the team roster only shows MY name 50 times.

strigoi1958
12-31-2014, 02:48 AM
it will show your name until you are friends with club members but it still needs fixing. I see my name about 40 times with the random club member/ friend added. you don't need to be just based in japan. i have regular co-ops with some very skilled guys from India, Portugal, Lithuania, Israel and Sweden. :D

they're awesome and make me glad i can tag along

But your post shows exactly why it would be nice for Ubi to offer an alternate way to unlock legendary gear.... to give the smaller groups a fighting chance.

NightmareGK13
12-31-2014, 03:34 AM
it will show your name until you are friends with club members but it still needs fixing. I see my name about 40 times with the random club member/ friend added. you don't need to be just based in japan. i have regular co-ops with some very skilled guys from India, Portugal, Lithuania, Israel and Sweden. :D

But your post shows exactly why it would be nice for Ubi to offer an alternate way to unlock legendary gear.... to give the smaller groups a fighting chance.

I for once agree, but according to the elitist Aenigmatix "screw the smaller clubs, too bad for them, there's a reason why it's legendary and hard to unlock"

similarly
12-31-2014, 09:27 AM

Question: how can I become friends with club members if I don't know their names?

As for co op, you make a valid point. I've been co oping with random groups and have had very positive experiences all through.

strigoi1958
12-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Alternative methods already mentioned....

Per Person.

Buy legendary gear after spending a set amount of time in co-op... make it expensive so a lot of time is spent playing.

set an amount of creed points in competition. maybe 500,000 so at least 10 x 50k missions in the competition week.

Stealth.... a set number of perfect heist missions in the competition week... say 5. (I manage about 1 in 10 :() but it rewards people taking the time to do it right.

strigoi1958
12-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Question: how can I become friends with club members if I don't know their names?

As for co op, you make a valid point. I've been co oping with random groups and have had very positive experiences all through.

That problem is faced by us all at present. we cannot see club member names in our list unless we have made them friends, so we have no idea if they are active or not.

Yes there are some nice people out there.. Unity is a good title because it tears down borders and makes us brothers regardless of race, religion, or whatever. :D

RegentDragon
01-01-2015, 06:42 PM
On console though you have to pay to play Co-op, so either way I have to pay real money to get Legendary gear. How is this not extortion? Isn't this a single Player game, some legendary pieces are 10 - 30% better than their master counterpart per piece across the board, why do I have to pay for them in real money? Im the kind of player that in the other games would all the grinding as soon as I could to unlock the best. Am I being told my playstyle is wrong? Should I just buy the Helix Points, cause it seems cheaper than paying 15USD per month for the chance of unlocking what I want.

Green_Reaper
01-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Yes there are some nice people out there.. Unity is a good title because it tears down borders and makes us brothers regardless of race, religion, or whatever. :D

Yeah. I think it helped with building a nice little gaming community for sure. Even if it did make a lot of people angry because of some things, heh.

NightmareGK13
01-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Yeah. I think it helped with building a nice little gaming community for sure. Even if it did make a lot of people angry because of some things, heh.

Even in our anger we stood united ahah

Aenigmatix
01-01-2015, 10:01 PM
I for once agree, but according to the elitist Aenigmatix "screw the smaller clubs, too bad for them, there's a reason why it's legendary and hard to unlock"

Dude, you are pathetic. I made my points very clearly and fairly. If you're going to mischaracterize what I said by attributing false quotes to me then that just makes you look pathetic.

Calling me an "elitist" for no other reason than you can't comprehend the fact I like some content being locked behind accomplishments that are difficult and time-consuming to obtain is nothing short of childish. Can you not argue without using ad hominems? Is that even possible for you?

Ubisoft already unlocked a lot of legendary content because people demanded it. If you want the stats associated with legendary gear, use the gear that's already unlocked. I'd prefer the rest remain locked until they're earned. There is literally no incentive left for Club Competitions if Ubisoft unlocks the legendary gear for purchase. No incentive other than the fun of beating other clubs--which, as satisfying as they may be, I'd prefer an actual concrete in-game reward for my club's accomplishments.

Nightmare refuses to answer my question: how can you be surprised that you won't get all the game's content if you won't play the whole game? Club comps have been an envisioned part of Unity since the day it released--obviously its roll out was delayed because of all the patch work. I can't believe there are people here complaining that Club Competitions exists to give you additional in-game content. That was the entire purpose of having Club Competitions: (a) to give players a competitive format for online play and (b) to continue rewarding players with unlockable content.

Aenigmatix
01-01-2015, 10:05 PM
But seriously: Ubisoft needs to fix the club bugs. I haven't been able to ply a single co-op mission with any of my fellow club members because I never know when they're online. The Club Members list glitch has been present since Day 1 of Unity's release, and I don't recall Ubisoft addressing the issue even once in any of their live updates.

It's getting ridiculous at this point. It needs to be high on Ubi's priority list when they're back from break.

Aenigmatix
01-01-2015, 10:12 PM
On console though you have to pay to play Co-op, so either way I have to pay real money to get Legendary gear. How is this not extortion? Isn't this a single Player game, some legendary pieces are 10 - 30% better than their master counterpart per piece across the board, why do I have to pay for them in real money? Im the kind of player that in the other games would all the grinding as soon as I could to unlock the best. Am I being told my playstyle is wrong? Should I just buy the Helix Points, cause it seems cheaper than paying 15USD per month for the chance of unlocking what I want.

lol

I laughed at this. "Extortion" - do you even know what that word means?

No, this isn't just a single player game. It was clearly advertised as a single and mutiplayer/co-op game.

Playing co-op does not cost extra money. Unless you're talking about having to pay for Xbox Live. In which case, I wouldn't really complain about that here on the PC forums, because of course any online play on Xbox is going to cost you having an Xbox Live subscription. You can't seriously fault Ubisoft for that.

Your playstyle is wrong. For this game, at least, it is. Grinding and getting the best equipment might work for some games, but this game requires you to engage the co-op club competitions to unlock all the best gear. Club comps are part of the game, and thus you should expect that there is gear associated with club competition achievements.

Buying Helix points won't let you unlock the legendary gear so that argument is a total non sequitar.

I haven't spent a dime in microtransactions in this game because, frankly, with all the bugs and glitches in Unity, Ubisoft hasn't earned any more money than I've already paid. And I'm at 99% sync with only a few more companion app missions left to go. So don't be confused: you do not need to spend a single cent more than you spent to buy Unity in order to unlock all the content. I am living proof.

wootwoots
01-04-2015, 08:21 AM
up !

similarly
01-04-2015, 08:53 AM
I haven't spent a dime in microtransactions in this game because, frankly, with all the bugs and glitches in Unity, Ubisoft hasn't earned any more money than I've already paid. And I'm at 99% sync with only a few more companion app missions left to go. So don't be confused: you do not need to spend a single cent more than you spent to buy Unity in order to unlock all the content. I am living proof.

This is true. The only extra-transaction I did was to upgrade the companion app which was NOT necessary. It just speeds things up.

strigoi1958
01-04-2015, 10:22 AM
the point that is probably being overlooked is.... there are many people who will put in thousands of co-op missions and may never unlock 1 single item or at least the one(s) they're after... I know a vast majority of them all paid more for the game than I did and I do not really care about the gear... I just like the winning.

The Club competition COULD have been good if it was set out better. if everyone had the opportunity or some way to win.
It has a few bugs like the ESC key not responding when viewing a Join request and other name and contact issues....
It is less efficient to play as a group... teams wanting to win stand more chance and make more points all playing the missions solo.... The heists are just time wasters so the winning groups are probably those grinding out a force fed single mission repeatedly. 4 co-op 1 mission 20 minutes probably (guessing) 70 to 90k... 4 solo doing the same mission 4x 50k in 30 minutes. so double points... not really a co-op game.

The scoring for stealth is not worth it.

People who have paid for the game and want the gear that is bizarrely improved or worsened than previous items (why can we not have gear that only improves on previous items... I've won 2 competitions and the gear is inferior to that I already possess). It is so simple... you have 4 starting items of clothing say hoods.... they all offer 5% of everything but 1 has an extra 5% of ranged, 1 has an extra 5% for Stealth, 1 has an extra 5% for Health, 1 has an extra 5% for melee ... and the upgrade allows you to take a few points from 1 and allocate it to another... The next row they have 10% each...etc...simple.....
instead I sometimes find a better item 3 rows further back :confused:. Ezio's armour and weapons and inventory always grew... you never took a step backwards to gain a little somewhere else.

And some people may have to grind out competitions for years (5 months each run through) to win everything and to be honest after 200 co-op missions to win little and another 19 competitions ahead, I'm not sure it has 400 hours fun left in it let alone 400 hours of grinding....

This may be a scientific experiment just to find the most OCD people on the planet ;) usually after a few replays I'm looking forward to buying the next Assassins creed title but in 5 months I think a lot of people will have had enough to be able to skip one or two.

They could have had 10 very desirable prizes for winning the group and had the lesser stuff for Fastest 100% heist in the group with the times posted and updated.... that way .... even on the last day in the last hour, in the last minute .... you might not win the big prize but you could steal the glory of the mini game.....

It would probably have kept it fun and also co-op would be beneficial with 4 people going for 4 objects.

Phew... that started as a quick thought and dragged on like a club competition :D sorry