PDA

View Full Version : Too much lore to keep track of.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-24-2014, 04:03 PM
I have played through every AC and even read one of the novels. yet I still find myself seeing and hearing references through the games I don't get.

( just to make a note, the only AC dlc I every bought was freedom cry.)

I even heard of a new character esoea or something of the sort.

has initiates been putting new info on its websites? what have I missed?

http://jokideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Sometimes-I-feel-more-confused-than-a......png

king-hailz
12-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Lots of stuff on the initiates website from the past 2 years or so... also maybe some other stuff comics.

Hans684
12-24-2014, 10:00 PM
The Wiki, just saying.

Wolfmeister1010
12-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Agreed. All the yakuza BS and stuff. Gavin and all the weird new pieces of eden and it all is just ridiculous filler. Makes it even worse how 90 % of it is from Initiates.

Like at least Rogue did a good job with war letters, binding the roles of Adewale, Achilles, Ah Tabai, Rhona, Edward, Miko, Birch, ect together. But there is just so much useless filler. Like 5 swords of eden apparently, it all just makes no sense.

bitebug2003
12-24-2014, 10:09 PM
I grow tired of the email correspondence in the last 3 games

The MD portion is becoming exhausting and convoluted to keep up with it and it doesn't interest me in this format.

We need an Assassin's Creed Database (like the one that was released around the time MGS4 came out).

Pr0metheus 1962
12-24-2014, 11:08 PM
The lack of focus has been a general problem with AC since Patrice Desilets left. What they ought to do is come up with a gameplan for the whole series in terms of storyline. I think they started to do this, but then it lost focus around the time of Revelations and then they got greedy a couple of games ago and they basically said, "Let's make this go on forever and just make everything like a TV series with individual stories and no over-arching plot". But they seem to have given the Initiates folks and the graphic novel folks free rein to take the lore in numerous directions.

So what we're left with is a lot of unfocused loose ends that are unlikely to ever get tied off.

LoyalACFan
12-24-2014, 11:36 PM
I used to be way into it, but now I just disregard all that stuff. At this point I think it's beyond wishful thinking to assume they're going to tie it all together in a meaningful way. They have FAR more than enough material and lore to be working toward an endgame, yet every year they keep piling on more space-god mumbo-jumbo that they're never going to do anything with. I mean, in the first few games, it was kinda quasi-believable that there were a few technologically powerful pieces of Eden left over from a precursor race. But then they came up with the swords, staffs, shrouds, and ankhs of Eden... getting a little less believable... then they came up with the Vaults... getting VERY hard to suspend belief... and I don't even know WHAT the **** they're doing with those underground bunker things in Rogue that supposedly hold the planet together, that's just stupid. The whole TWCB thing has completely lost its sense of mystery and intrigue, because apparently Eden artifacts are a dime a dozen now.

***Profanity removed: There is an auto-censor system in place, so please don't bypass it by partially masking the word(s) - Thanks

Megas_Doux
12-24-2014, 11:37 PM
Ubi spreads the lore in any media possible just because, cough, cough, money, cough, cough. It would not be a problem per se if the games were unharmed by that. Thing is, the games DO suffer for it

1 Initiates.
2 Official comics.
3 French Comics.
4 AC Memories.

PandaPuff86
12-25-2014, 12:52 AM
The AC verse is huge and has a lot of info that doesn't even fit all into one game. Some people like it while others think its a waste of time. I for one happen to like getting extra dirt and what's going on.

There is a novel from every AC game but these novels never talk about the present day events and also adds addition scenes that were never in the game

- Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade(AC1 - Told from Niccolo Polo's POV about Altair)
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance(AC2 - Told from Ezio's POV)
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood(ACB - Told from Ezio's POV)
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations(ACR - Told from Ezio's POV)
- Assassin's Creed: Forsaken(AC3 - Told from Haytham's POV about Connor and his own life)
- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag(AC4 - Told from Edward's POV)
- Assassin's Creed: Unity(ACU - Told from Elise's POV)
(AC Rouge doesn't have one unfortunately and neither does Liberation...)

Aside from the novels, there are also the comics that have side stories that accompany the main story.

This comic series is based around the retelling of Desmond Miles and also includes the main characters from Ancient Egypt but comics are not from Ubisoft but from a couple of French writers.

- Assassin's Creed, Volume 1: Desmond
- Assassin's Creed, Volume 2: Aquilus
- Assassin's Creed, Volume 3: Accipiter
- Assassin's Creed, Volume 4: Hawk
- Assassin's Creed, Volume 5: El Cakr
- Assassin's Creed, Volume 6: Leila

This series is from Ubisoft and based around important present day events.

- Assassin's Creed: The Fall(Based on Daniel Cross and his ancestor Nicolai from the Russian Revolution)
- Assassin's Creed: The Chain(Based on Daniel Cross and his ancestor Nikolai from the Russian Revolution)
- Assassin's Creed: Brahman(Based around the Indian Assassin Arbaaz Mir and the POE Koh-i-Noor)

Three short movies are made to start or complete events around the game.

- Assassin's Creed: Lineage(Prequel to AC2, Ezio's father Giovanni discovers the Borgia threat for the first time. This is also the first time Ubi made a real movie as well.)
- Assassin's Creed: Ascendance(Prequel to ACB, Ezio and Leonardo meet before the Borgia took Leo away to create weapons. Also introduce Cesare for the first time)
- Assassin's Creed: Embers(Sequel to ACR, Ezio enjoys his final days in peace with his family until he meets a young female Chinese assassin Shao Yun asking for guidance. Before she left to go home, Ezio gives her a box that will help her in case she gets lost.)

And last but not least, two interactive websites that revolve a lot of info about the present events as well as other events between the Assassins and Templars over the centuries.

- Assassins Creed: Project Legacy(A Facebook game that came out the same time as ACB but now its gone. The game helps players gets material and points to get to the next dialogue and find out more secrets in the story in the never ending war between Assassins and Templars.)
- Assassins Creed Initiates(A interactive website that started back when AC3 came out, it involves everyone to learn more about the background story in the present day events and introduces more never heard before characters and now its currently used to train new assassins.)

Well, that's the gist of it. Thanks for reading a long post lol.