PDA

View Full Version : The real state of AC:U (PC) as of patch 4?

Blues_DeltaRZ
12-24-2014, 12:43 PM
So I have the game, but haven't installed it yet. How stable is the game on PC as it is right now (fps/bug wise)?

If it isn't that great, then I should probably come back in a few months and do something else in the meantime? Don't want to ruin my experience of this game with bugs/technical issues.

From what I read of the patch notes, it seems patch4 fixes most of the issues. However youtube vids of patch4 seem to be mixed.

Sejdovic11
12-24-2014, 12:57 PM
The best way you can find out is by trying it. Install it and you'll see, because this game can work good for someone, but runs like dog **** for someone else... And I'm talking this to you as a console player, game was crap for me on my PS4, but some of them said that it runs perfect for them and we're playing on consoles, and all of them are the same spec's wise. On PC you have a lot of different rigs and so on, so you can't really be sure... Try it, if it runs good for you, awesome, enjoy it, if it doesn't... Wait and pray for antoher patch :D

lestat2150
12-24-2014, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I have the current version of ACU as I didn't get it through Steam so I don't know if Uplay auto updates its games like steam. However, in my short gameplay session I came across numerous clipping bugs where throngs of people would run through other people. NPC actors STILL appear out of thin air and I just got a new rig with a gtx 970 and an AMD 6 core processor equivalent to an i5 and at ultra settings it still only runs at 45 fps. To get it to 60 I had to disable ambient occlusion and AA. Completely ridiculous specs needed to run ACU at max with 60 fps.

Dellers
12-24-2014, 03:19 PM
IME it has only gotten worse with every patch, and the stuttering issues come much faster after the last patch. Usually the game goes into extreme mode instantly, while it used to start very subtle and get worse after some time. The game also crashes frequently. They also broke SLI with the latest patch, proving that they have no quality control and probably don't test what they're doing at all. The game has never been working well, but it was honestly ok when it came out. Now it's as good as broken on PC. You'll probably spend more time restarting the game to get rid of the stutter than actual playing.

Blues_DeltaRZ
12-24-2014, 05:59 PM
So, I guess I should wait for a few months?

Lignjoslav
12-25-2014, 02:57 AM
The game is highly unlikely to improve very much, so you might as well try it right now.

The contents of the game is good and bugs, while worse than in most games, are not game-breaking (not anymore).

The key question is what are your specs? If you've got something like Core i5, 8 GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 750 Ti or better, you'll be able to play okay. On AMD's side, with the latest drivers, a Radeon 7950 or R9 270X are quite fine too. Personally, I'm actually playing the game on a Radeon 6950 (at 1600x900),

Anykeyer
12-25-2014, 08:47 AM
For me the only broken part of ACU is and was online. I mean Initiates and companion app issues.
Also 1.4 crashed w/o the latest nvidia driver.
Other than I had no major issues and only one minor glitch (one guy was standing on a chair and didnt want to speak, fixed by restarting).

danno77
12-25-2014, 11:38 AM
For me the only broken part of ACU is and was online. I mean Initiates and companion app issues.
Other than I had no major issues and only one minor glitch (one guy was standing on a chair and didnt want to speak, fixed by restarting).

You are the luckiest and happiest acu player on this forum. Good for you man!

Anykeyer
12-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Its not luck.
I just keep my PC in a good state, both in pefrormance and stability.

btw

AMD 6 core processor equivalent to an i5
there is no such thing. dont delusion youself.

USAdystopia
12-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Runs great! Don't let hardware rule your expectations.

KmarkoPL
12-25-2014, 11:29 PM
My game still crashes to desktop randomly , "ACU.exe stopped working"
All drivers updated , did try all , no results :(

RaulO4
12-26-2014, 12:50 AM

pretty much this after the Driver update,
1.3 and 1.4 didnt change performance

game runs on a solid 60 fps with everything on max with no AA/shadows on high on 1080p

npc pop in/objects pop in/ npc LOD are not going to be fix

hardware 970,4790k,16gb of ram.

pretty much if you dont know how to keep your pc ultra clean than dont get this game... ACu is like a line mind and will go off if you look at it.

the only issue i have right now is that my windows without boarders is broken. (it comes up really flatten and i have no idea to fix.)

my fix was just to run on full screen