PDA

View Full Version : ACU Post-Patch 4 possible SLI flickering solution, read provisos

Phyneas8
12-23-2014, 10:34 PM
I've been having the same SLI flickering issues that others on here have been having, and I was reading the forums here and came across the following post:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/978574-PERMANENT-FIX-Stutter-Issue-Fix-For-NVIDEA-Users!

I wasn't experiencing stuttering issues per say, but I thought I would try it to see what effect it would have. I followed the instructions and then loaded up ACU and the flickering was gone. Now, as for the provisos, I have no idea:

a) if the above actions are what got rid of the flickering, even though I didn't change anything else as far as I know
b) if the above is actually a good idea, if it will damage some other aspect of playing the game
c) if the flickering will come back at some other point

I also don't know if someone else has already posted this as a solution for the flickering, the above post seemed to be about stuttering which I presume is a different issue, if not then I am not claiming this solution as my own anyway.

However, I thought I'd share it with the community, others can try it and see if it helps. I will also mention that, rather ironically, before I did the above I didn't have any stuttering issues, but after it I did notice more lag in the graphics even with the same settings, so try at your own risk. I don't think its hard to undo the above, you just need to reinstall your graphics drivers, or something like that.

If this does work, I or someone else can repost it in the Technical Support forum as well, if not then please say so in this thread so others will knows. Thanks.

Hope it helps. :)

YazX_
12-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Hello, Thanks for sharing and trying to help but note removing the profile will also disable SLI, so its not feasible for SLI users. hence you are using SLI and deleted the profile, you are currently running the game on single card, thats why you don't see the issue.

to restore the SLI profile, you need to reinstall drivers, or you can add it manually then insert the appropriate SLI bits.

Thanks

Phyneas8
12-23-2014, 11:22 PM
That would explain both parts, no more flickering and poorer performance, thanks for explaining it :)

YazX_
12-23-2014, 11:28 PM
You are very welcome, please let me know if you need any help in restoring SLI profile.

Whesel
12-24-2014, 02:59 AM
Here's a funny thing, after patching 1.4 I - like many others with a SLI setup - was haunted by lots of flickering, of course I tried everything in game options graphics settings, obviously to no avail of solving the issue. I then disabled my SLI and was playing like that for a few days, I was missing the boost in performance but I did not want the flickering havoc that was present with SLI on. So earlier today I enabled SLI just for the fun of it and maybe somethig was changed - in between the latest patch and today I installed the 147.09 beta driver, but the issue persisted - so, as I enabled the SLI and went into ACU I was holding my breath and to my surprise it was not flickering. I'm like a big ?-mark but pleased that it somehow solved itself, or so it seemed.

I am not sure why I am able to play with SLI on and the game is behaving as it should. I haven't sone anything out of the ordinary, only installed the beta 147.09 drivers. Updated geforce experience(not sure if this actually solved it - not testing this because I don't wanna revert back to the flickering havoc) If others wanna have a go at it, do reply if it changes anything or not.

MAD52
12-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Finally get it work without any flickering!!! Incredible, I install the last whql, with the beta was the same problem. But today nvidia geforce experiencia updated game profiles itself and I enter the game and have no flickering at all! Even more, the 3 seconds problems I have are also gone! I now put back pcss and also TXAA and at 1600p it runs. Of course TXAA takes a lot of resources but al least no flickering or 3 seconds pauses. So update your geforce experience game profiles. I just put to update it without asking me. I didn't change any option on my configuration in the game or in the drivers.