PDA

View Full Version : Is the Tyranny of King Washington worth buying for someone who liked AC3?

Journey95
12-23-2014, 10:23 PM
It seems we won't be getting anything new regarding Connor and thats a damm shame(but at least Ubisoft will keep making Ezio clones like Arno -.-)

Anyway I never played TOKW but now with no more closure on Connor is it worth getting?
I didn't buy it before because it was pretty expensive

RinoTheBouncer
12-23-2014, 10:24 PM
Of course it is. It’s amazing!

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 10:25 PM
If you don't mind paying 30 euro for 6-10 hours of new gameplay it is really worth it if youl iked ac3. But since you think it was quite expensive before you shouldn't buy it.
I just contradicted myself.

Assassin_M
12-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Okay, so here's how this goes without a lot of spoilers. It's a nice little send off for Connor. it's very similar to AC III. I would say my favorite was episode one but I liked the rest too. If you get turned off by weird super powers, though, you may not enjoy it too much. Watch the trailers for each episode and decide then. If you like Connor, AC III and are fine with super powers, then definitely get it. It's a good story.

In terms of length, should take you about 6-8 hours overall.

Journey95
12-23-2014, 10:36 PM
just watched the trailers looks interesting and I don't mind superpowers
also if its a nice send off for Connor thats a major plus

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 10:38 PM
just watched the trailers looks interesting and I don't mind superpowers
also if its a nice send off for Connor thats a major plus
Depends on what you see as a nice send off. it is defenitely a cool extra send off after ac3, but don't expect too much from it's ending.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2014, 10:42 PM
All the ending does is brown-nose that asshat Washington...

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 10:44 PM
All the ending does is brown-nose that asshat Washington...
But, but he made MURICA!

Namikaze_17
12-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Of Course. :)

Though if you're turned off by Animal powers or Connor, I suggest not playing.

wvstolzing
12-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Yes, it's worth getting if you liked AC3 at all.

I'm not too keen on the POE-induced fantasy/dream setting, but that didn't deter me from enjoying it.

I don't know what role 'dream voyages' instigated by drinking a brew plays in Kanien’kéha culture, but it's something that's common, I imagine, to many native American cultures. They could have incorporated that into Raton's story while keeping it within the 'real world' of the AC universe, and I would've preferred that. Nevertheless, ToKW is a very creative take on that idea (I'm referring to Raton's spirit voyages within the POE-fantasy, which he enters by drinking a brew.).

EmptyCrustacean
12-23-2014, 11:28 PM
I liked ACIII but the Tyranny of King Washington gets progressively worse with each one...

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-23-2014, 11:42 PM
TOKW was interesting.

Ubisoft said they were trying to experiment with something new and I think it was pretty good.

I give it a thumbs up :)

SixKeys
12-24-2014, 12:11 AM
I liked the first episode of ToKW more than the main game. The wolf power was awesome. The other two episodes sucked though.

GunnerGalactico
12-24-2014, 08:10 AM
I say that this DLC is worth it. This shows Connor in a different light. The traits he possesses in TOKW is exactly how I picture him to be as a mentor.

Namikaze_17
12-24-2014, 08:24 AM
I say that this DLC is worth it. This shows Connor in a different light. The traits he possesses in TOKW is exactly how I picture him to be as a mentor.

A less naive, cynical, and wise Connor?

http://media.tumblr.com/92b2b057024ad728444fbf5fadc3420c/tumblr_inline_ml5vchoIt01rhuifv.gif

GunnerGalactico
12-24-2014, 08:26 AM
A less naive, cynical, and wise Connor?

http://media.tumblr.com/92b2b057024ad728444fbf5fadc3420c/tumblr_inline_ml5vchoIt01rhuifv.gif

Yes ;)

Come on, try picturing him as a mentor if he remained the way he was in AC3 (before killing Haytham), see what I mean.

Namikaze_17
12-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Yes ;)

Come on, try picturing him as a mentor if he remained the way he was in AC3 (before killing Haytham), see what I mean.

I do.

Combine that with him dropping wisdom bombs and doing some badass **** then we're good. ;)

Wouldn't even have to be a game.

VestigialLlama4
12-24-2014, 08:43 AM
It seems we won't be getting anything new regarding Connor and thats a damm shame(but at least Ubisoft will keep making Ezio clones like Arno -.-)

Anyway I never played TOKW but now with no more closure on Connor is it worth getting?
I didn't buy it before because it was pretty expensive

In terms of closure on Connor's Character - Tyranny of King Washington doesn't give you much. What it does do is provide some amount of closure on Connor's relationship with Washington, whether backing Washington against Charles Lee was the right choice or not...It provides closure and a kind of small victory in that. In terms of gameplay, the new powers are fun and wacky, especially the Bear Attack where you can hulk out and destroy towers with a single stomp.

As a piece of DLC, it isn't as great as say, Undead Nightmare (Red Dead Redemption) or The Knife of Dunwall (Dishonored) which are like separate games on the whole. It has a great concept and several brilliant moments but again its doesn't go far. The real awesome part for me is PART 3, where you have Thomas Jefferson in a street-fight, forming a small resistance a la Ezio vs. Borgia, George Washington going nuts with that absurd crown on his head, and the Bear Attack. The finale on top of that pyramid (which looks like the Great Seal of the United States) is right up there with the fistfight versus the Vatican.

GunnerGalactico
12-24-2014, 08:44 AM
I do.

Combine that with him dropping wisdom bombs and doing some badass **** then we're good. ;)

Wouldn't even have to be a game.

I mean I actually like his personality a little better the way his in TOKW, than in AC3, probably because we can clearly see the change and growth in him. I want to see him scold and reprimand Patience Gibbs for stuff like insubordination, attitude problem and unruly behaviour. Damn! This is helping me brainstorm ideas about how he rebuilt the brotherhood :p

GoldenBoy9999
12-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes, get the game. If you liked AC3, definitely get it. I thought the title was gonna say "for someone who didn't like AC3."

Connor's personality is way better in this one and if you care about Connor or want him to have an ending, this is as close as you'll get at this point. The DLC has a nice bit of mystery and one surprise I don't want to spoil. It happens near the end of one of the episodes and it got me hyped for the rest (I played them when they came out so I had to wait :cool:.)

The animal powers are really cool. The world has a nice, new feel to it but it got a bit depressing for me at times.

Overall, it's really great and if you enjoyed AC3, there's more to enjoy here. :)

Namikaze_17
12-24-2014, 08:57 AM
I mean I actually like his personality a little better the way his in TOKW, than in AC3, probably because we can clearly see the change and growth in him. I want to see him scold and reprimand Patience Gibbs for stuff like insubordination, attitude problem and unruly behaviour. Damn! This is helping me brainstorm ideas about how he rebuilt the brotherhood :p

I remember that conversation...

Good times. :rolleyes:

They should do it. :cool:

EDIT: Yeah, him scolding Patience should definitely be on the "badass things to do" list. :cool:

WendysBrioche
12-24-2014, 11:59 PM
It's really hard. I couldn't do it. XD