PDA

View Full Version : DigitalFoundry PATCH 4 Frame Rate Test

SolidNSnake1985
12-23-2014, 04:31 PM
in Conclusion, The FPS still needs work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReSNdhmZ0hQ

Aphex_Tim
12-23-2014, 04:46 PM
I really don't give a ****. Game works fine for me and always has.

HeJePi
12-23-2014, 04:54 PM
The main problem that I immediately noticed with patch 4 is that ... the visible graphics loading is pretty late ...

Just do this simple test ... take a long straight street ... then start to run as fast as you can ...
keep your eyes ahead of the street ... you will see things 'appearing' out of nowhere !
There are a few streets with some tentage sometimes these just pop-up far too late.

Now it pretty obvious, I never noticed that with the previous patches ... I play / update since day 1

murphdawg1
12-23-2014, 06:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReSNdhmZ0hQ

They can only do so much with the hardware they're given to work with. Perhaps if the CPU in the PS4 was clocked at a faster speed the fps would be more solid.

Assassin_M
12-23-2014, 06:43 PM
No, it doesn't. No game is steadily, completely locked at its peak FPS, this is presumably the most they can do without sacrificing anything that would compromise graphics fidelity.

Didn't you see when the patch released?? People started *****ing and whining about the patch decreasing the crowd size and downgrades. Well, how the **** do you think they'll up the frame rate? it's also why the higher quality models load a little later. The pop in is much easier to notice now.

This is because people would have *****ed anyhow about ubisoft downgrading graphics, this was a no win situation for the developers.

m4r-k7
12-23-2014, 06:51 PM
This is because people would have *****ed anyhow about ubisoft downgrading graphics, this was a no win situation for the developers.

This

JustPlainQuirky
12-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Meh, Ubi got a bit too ambitious with their graphics.

But idc about the visuals too much anyway

Assassin_M
12-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Meh, Ubi got a bit too ambitious with their graphics.
it's not like they have a choice with the whiny little children that comprise the gaming fanbase being on the front lines of every Youtube video, of every Facebook post, of every twitter tweet. Most likely the developers were told by management to deliver the best visuals possible. Heck, they released a teaser because people already started moaning about the alpha stage screens that got leaked. Who does that? Which company changes its schedule because people saw alpha screens and started *****ing about the visuals?

This mess is ANYONE but the developers' fault, to be honest. People think that optimization is some sort of black magic code that instantly makes everything better. No, it's a bloody compromise. If people are not willing to compromise and insist on being children then we'll have crap like this.

Frank9182011
12-23-2014, 08:16 PM
A bit off-topic: I haven't downloaded patch 3 or 4 - I've been playing offline. That said, when I went to update it, it just looked like patch 4 was being downloaded (even thought I haven't downloaded patch 3 yet). Is this a problem or does patch 4 include prior patches?

SolidNSnake1985
12-23-2014, 08:21 PM
it's not like they have a choice with the whiny little children that comprise the gaming fanbase being on the front lines of every Youtube video, of every Facebook post, of every twitter tweet. Most likely the developers were told by management to deliver the best visuals possible. Heck, they released a teaser because people already started moaning about the alpha stage screens that got leaked. Who does that? Which company changes its schedule because people saw alpha screens and started *****ing about the visuals?

This mess is ANYONE but the developers' fault, to be honest. People think that optimization is some sort of black magic code that instantly makes everything better. No, it's a bloody compromise. If people are not willing to compromise and insist on being children then we'll have crap like this.

they've already did a Compromise, the Game ran at 900p on Both Consoles (Made people mad at that announcement but evantually got over it), which i assumed the game would atleast Run a steady solid 30fps from that compromise but it didn't .. i like ubisoft, but they've missed up with this one, i personally don't care about People pop-ins, it happened in all AC games during my gameplays.

and for a Steadily game, look no further than Black Flag, it was a Smooth Sail wether at sea, chases, around crowd it remained locked at a solid 30 fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Uza8TUbQU

Mr_Shade
12-23-2014, 08:36 PM
A bit off-topic: I haven't downloaded patch 3 or 4 - I've been playing offline. That said, when I went to update it, it just looked like patch 4 was being downloaded (even thought I haven't downloaded patch 3 yet). Is this a problem or does patch 4 include prior patches?

That's fine - Patch 4 contains the other updates :)

Assassin_M
12-23-2014, 08:45 PM
they've already did a Compromise, the Game ran at 900p on Both Consoles (Made people mad at that announcement but evantually got over it), which i assumed the game would atleast Run a steady solid 30fps from that compromise but it didn't .. i like ubisoft, but they've missed up with this one, i personally don't care about People pop-ins, it happened in all AC games during my gameplays.
Indeed that was a compromise and people whined and moaned, no one got over it. Till the very last moment, people whined about that. Thing is, it was a compromise to maintain the graphical fidelity and get it to work like that. Like I said, had Ubisoft just THOUGHT about optimizing the visuals, people would have been up in arms.

and for a Steadily game, look no further than Black Flag, it was a Smooth Sail wether at sea, chases, around crowd it remained locked at a solid 30 fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Uza8TUbQU
Black Flag is a port. A more credible test would be on the PS3.