PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Dead Kings and Chronicles: China Official Discussion

UniteUnderPower
12-23-2014, 04:40 AM
http://www.enternity.gr/files/Image/News/Games/AC_Unity_Season_Pass_News_Image_01.jpg

I've looked over the forums and saw that there was no official discussion thread for these 2 topics. That is why I've created this thread to discuss Assassin's Creed: Unity's upcoming downloadable content and hear what people are expecting from it. Let's begin the discussion!

spotgimer
12-23-2014, 04:49 AM
Not sure if dead kings would have anything to do with the main story, since I have not played Unity, but I hope that it has POE connections. I want POE's other than the boring apple. Also, for Chronicles I believe that it is just a cheap way to test out an eastern setting, plus I hope that there will be ezio connections in it as well. Not sure if it is before or after Shao Juns journey west.

JustPlainQuirky
12-23-2014, 06:17 AM
Dead Kings will have little to no plot to offer that is intriguing.

Chronicles China looks nice.

....yeah....

HamsterExAstris
12-23-2014, 06:19 AM
a) Why lump them together? They're two separate pieces of content. (One isn't even DLC, it's a standalone.)

b) I don't think we know enough to be doing much talking about either at this point.

UniteUnderPower
12-23-2014, 06:19 AM
Not sure if dead kings would have anything to do with the main story, since I have not played Unity, but I hope that it has POE connections. I want POE's other than the boring apple. Also, for Chronicles I believe that it is just a cheap way to test out an eastern setting, plus I hope that there will be ezio connections in it as well. Not sure if it is before or after Shao Juns journey west.

Dead Kings is set after the events of Unity and is teased in a cutscene at the end of Unity. Chronicles takes place after Shao Jun's journey west. Hopefully they both offer some great gameplay/story.

a) Why lump them together? They're two separate pieces of content. (One isn't even DLC, it's a standalone.)

b) I don't think we know enough to be doing much talking about either at this point.

1. I'm lumping them together because they're both being advertised as a sort of "extension" to Unity and are being marketed alongside each other.

2. I think we know enough. And that's what this thread is for. Speculation of what is to come.

D.I.D.
12-23-2014, 11:01 AM

a) They're both components of the season pass

b) Can't argue with that

LoyalACFan
12-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Unless Dead Kings all but confirms an Arno sequel, I don't care about it anymore. Arno's story was botched even worse than Connor's, and unless they're going to salvage it with another full game, I don't care to play another hour and a half (let's be honest) as a character with a dead-end story. Either give me a sequel that fixes the hackjob of Unity, or move on completely. I don't care which. Oh, and the guillotine gun looks stupid as hell.

Chronicles China might be cool, but I also feel like it'll be super short, and given its super-linear nature I'll probably only end up playing it once. If it's like a 20-minute game, I'm not even sure it's worth buying. If it was an unlockable game mode in Unity I'd have loved it, but as a paid standalone? Meh.

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Does anyone know if Chronicles China will have cutscenes/dialugue or just someone narrating or you have to read text? I just have no idea this game will present it's story. If it even has a real story.

Shahkulu101
12-23-2014, 10:07 PM
Dead Kings will have little to no plot to offer that is intriguing.

....yeah....

You never know, Dead Kings is made by Ubisoft Montpellier, the same guys that did Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman, Valiant Hearts - all of Ubi's most unique games. So they might come up with something different and interesting.

Altair1789
12-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I want the pieces of armor+ new city that come with Dead Kings, but the story probably won't be very good

Journey95
12-23-2014, 10:20 PM
no interest in Dead Kings even if its free
the story was already bad in Unity how will it be better here?

they are wasting Shao Jun with this chronlicles bs would have liked to finally have a female protagonist
she seemed interesting in Embers but I guess we will never know

Hitman_5532
12-31-2014, 09:23 PM
Weren't we all supposed to get a free DLC of Dead King's as a result of Ubisoft screwing up the game? What ever happened to that offer, are we supposed to have it already?

JustPlainQuirky
12-31-2014, 09:26 PM
it hasnt released yet

rrebe
12-31-2014, 09:27 PM
Weren't we all supposed to get a free DLC of Dead King's as a result of Ubisoft screwing up the game? What ever happened to that offer, are we supposed to have it already?

We will have it when it is released. When? I have no idea, my guess would be early 2015.

Bleem7
12-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah that's what Ubi said, hopefully January.

Phreakydeke27
01-05-2015, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know if the China Chronicles will be released separate? Without a season pass?

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2015, 02:41 AM

I am hoping it gives some sort of explanation as to what was in that box at the end of Embers that Ezio gave her ? My gut feeling an artefact but it would be nice to have some clarification.

wvstolzing
01-05-2015, 02:53 AM
I am hoping it gives some sort of explanation as to what was in that box at the end of Embers that Ezio gave her ? My gut feeling an artefact but it would be nice to have some clarification.

Isn't it pretty much established that it's

the box that Shay eventually retrieved from Charles Dorian at the end of Rogue? The Rogue 'box', and the Freedom Cry 'box', and the Embers 'box' is supposed to be the same thing, which in turn, appears to be a map decoder, which makes it incomprehensible as to why Ezio would give it to Shao Jun.

I also am not sure where *in universe* it's explained that it's the same box.

Zrvan
01-05-2015, 03:13 AM
I'm actually way more psyched about Dead Kings than the main storyline for Unity (and lo and behold, I was right about it being poorly handled :[).

But I'm a sucker for any story with a katabatic theme. I'm also curious to see how Arno got back into the Order. I would think being bounced from the Assassins is permanent -- one way or the other.

I'm also terribly afraid that it's going to be too good -- another example of 'why wasn't this the main game?' that keeps cropping up in modern games -- Adewale's story deserved more time and expansion, the First Light DLC from Infamous: Second Son should have been its own thing, etc.

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2015, 03:23 AM
Isn't it pretty much established that it's

the box that Shay eventually retrieved from Charles Dorian at the end of Rogue? The Rogue 'box', and the Freedom Cry 'box', and the Embers 'box' is supposed to be the same thing, which in turn, appears to be a map decoder, which makes it incomprehensible as to why Ezio would give it to Shao Jun.

I also am not sure where *in universe* it's explained that it's the same box.

I have not actually completed Rogue yet so forgive me for my ignorance

wvstolzing
01-05-2015, 03:28 AM
I have not actually completed Rogue yet so forgive me for my ignorance

Actually I was asking that as a genuine question -- this is pretty much established, *I think*, though I'm not sure by what in-game means.

I remember someone citing a tweet of Darby's to that effect; apart from that I'm clueless.

Maybe the Chromicles game will indeed forge the link.

MasterAssasin84
01-05-2015, 03:37 AM
Actually I was asking that as a genuine question -- this is pretty much established, *I think*, though I'm not sure by what in-game means.

I remember someone citing a tweet of Darby's to that effect; apart from that I'm clueless.

Maybe the Chromicles game will indeed forge the link.

That was what I was wondering if Chronicles will tell us how it went from Italy to China then to France ?

inZaneReminator
01-05-2015, 06:49 AM
I bought Dead Kings, activated the code and everything, how is it not yet released?

The_Kiwi_
01-05-2015, 07:21 AM
All I want is for Chronicles China to be on the PS Vita
It would be perfect for it