PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Performance Video Card Review @ HardOCP

BMT22033
12-23-2014, 02:27 AM
"Here's looking forward to the next Assassin's Creed Unity patch. As it is, this game is in no condition for us to be using as a game to evaluate video card performance. Sorry Ubisoft, try again. Surely though, if a game is published by Ubisoft, many PC gamers will not, and should not in our opinion, be pre-purchasing, or even purchasing on launch day."

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/12/22/assassins_creed_unity_performance_video_card_revie w/1

danno77
12-23-2014, 01:18 PM
i hope Yannis Mallat will read this article :)

USAdystopia
12-24-2014, 04:37 AM
Interesting article, however, it appears that the authors are disappointed with their hardware "expectations" as most of the complainants on this forum. Many participants have "such-and-such components and am using the latest, this-that-or-the-other..." to paraphrase and are getting less performance than they "have a right to expect"!

Not seeing the problems everyone is citing...why...dunno. Crossfire X IS working for me but the frame rate needs much scalar improvement. Am awaiting AMD's "collaboration" with UBIsoft on that issue.

BCFreeman
12-24-2014, 05:58 AM
http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1419218249XUmGfq1uoa_7_1.jpg

C'mon ubisoft get it right next patch pls.

Anykeyer
12-24-2014, 09:27 AM
As it is, this game is in no condition for us to be using as a game to evaluate video card performance.
This guy is some sort of idiot. The only type of game that cant be used for performance evaluation is a game with hardcoded fps limit.
I would rather dismiss his article as useless, bc he didnt even test in the most popular resolution.
1/10. Sorry, hardocp. try again.

pureplayin2
12-24-2014, 04:02 PM
I can't stand when they say a game is unplayable and it is sitting at an average of 57.8 fps or something so close to 60 fps. So basically to this site if it's not 60 fps then it's unplayable. Plus people with gtx 970 are more than likely gaming at 1080p and they didn't even test it they only tested the 970 @ 1440p which to them is unplayable at 40-something fps because it isn't 60, lol.. The author would have realized he may have gotten his 60fps with the gtx970 if only he tried it in 1080p. So, FAIL article...

YazX_
12-24-2014, 04:12 PM
i'm playing @ 1440p using single 970 GTX (Heavily OCed), everything is on Ultra except shadows is set to high rather than PCSS with FXAA and i get 52 FPS on avg. i dont deny that there are some performance and optimization issues especially with PCSS and TXAA (since those are Nvidia's features, i guess it should come from Nvidia in-collaboration with Ubisoft) but its perfectly playable without any issues, only thing i would really like to see is an increase of draw distance.

behindtimes
12-24-2014, 08:09 PM
I can't stand when they say a game is unplayable and it is sitting at an average of 57.8 fps or something so close to 60 fps. So basically to this site if it's not 60 fps then it's unplayable. Plus people with gtx 970 are more than likely gaming at 1080p and they didn't even test it they only tested the 970 @ 1440p which to them is unplayable at 40-something fps because it isn't 60, lol.. The author would have realized he may have gotten his 60fps with the gtx970 if only he tried it in 1080p. So, FAIL article...

That site really has never been for mainstream users. It's more focused towards people who have the latest toys, so it doesn't surprise me that 1440p was the lowest they tested on.

RVSage
12-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Clearly a wanabe , attention seeking article.. And All Ultra or Die kind of brats.. average of 50 + FPS any day for me is a good game @1080P.. This game has become a good excuse for Ubi haters, competitors and attention seekers..to blow the issue out of proportions.. Half the issues.. In this forums either due to hardware not meeting requiremets or not updating the system correctly( which is what happened to me) or not verifying the files..Yes there are issues.. But not to the extent people have blown it and keep blowing it

can_sukru
12-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Ubisoft must correct these issues. People gave Money to this game. My gtx 980 sli cant play this game normally, performance is excellent but flashing textures are horrible. Waiting patch 5. I think that it will be 6,7,8,9,10..................... and never be solved.

Lignjoslav
12-25-2014, 03:17 AM
That site really has never been for mainstream users. It's more focused towards people who have the latest toys, so it doesn't surprise me that 1440p was the lowest they tested on.
Actually, they tested 1080p, only with mainstream cards. They divided cards into 3 categories and tested each category at different resolutions, at which they would expect to be able to play with such setups.

I do find some of their conclusions strange, though. They declared a single GTX 980 unlpayable at 1440p, not because of the framerate (they declared some other cases playable throughout the article despite lower framerates), but because they said that it simply felt too laggy and uncontrollable, with lots of stuttering. From my experience, input lag can be observed in AC U, but you have to get much lower than 52fps average and 28fps minimum to experience it. As for the stuttering that makes Arno uncontrollable, it is real, but it appears randomly and if you restart the game you may play for hours without it reappearing, so IMO it is a bug and not a matter of hardware and graphics settings.

USAdystopia
12-25-2014, 04:14 AM
Ubisoft must correct these issues. People gave Money to this game. My gtx 980 sli cant play this game normally, performance is excellent but flashing textures are horrible. Waiting patch 5. I think that it will be 6,7,8,9,10..................... and never be solved.

Just might be another case where a player sits and waits for a developer to "fix" or "solve" an issue. Try solving it yourself and stop being so passive in your "PC gamer" participation.