PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Gameplay

CAVELawrence
12-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Hello.

I got this game for free with my graphics card. I thought I'd try it out a bit, cos I wasn't really interested in the other games that were offered with the card.

Only a few moments into the game, I realized the gameplay value of this game was sadly pretty much near 0. I tried the multiplayer missions, I tried the solo missions and the storyline, and everything is just below anything one would expect in any game when it comes to actual gameplay, especially games at this price. The AI is unresponsive (shooting people with a 100% accurate flintlock pistol in the same room and they don't care or investigate), the AI gives up, they have no coordination, they don't care, the planning of missions is near zero. I wondered for a while, what even is the point of this game, and I soon realized it is just a grindfest for people who grind away at getting at the dozens of items in game.

It makes me sad, since it wouldn't really take much at all to make this game a good game, it's just like they gave up completely. And it makes me sad that I feel that no fix will ever actually make this game interesting at all.

But I was wondering, is it possible for someone to mod this game so much, that the enemy would actually work, and that the ranged weapons would be a bit more realistic and inaccurate, etc. (just a tip of the iceberg here, trying to keep it short).

The reason I ask if this can be modded is, that I have no faith in the developers to want to fix this, because this is what they went with and this is what someone decided was a good idea, and I doubt they will look at it now and change their mind about this horribly expensive screensaver/free run debacle.

USAdystopia
12-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Hello.

I got this game for free with my graphics card. I thought I'd try it out a bit, cos I wasn't really interested in the other games that were offered with the card.

Only a few moments into the game, I realized the gameplay value of this game was sadly pretty much near 0. I tried the multiplayer missions, I tried the solo missions and the storyline, and everything is just below anything one would expect in any game when it comes to actual gameplay, especially games at this price. The AI is unresponsive (shooting people with a 100% accurate flintlock pistol in the same room and they don't care or investigate), the AI gives up, they have no coordination, they don't care, the planning of missions is near zero. I wondered for a while, what even is the point of this game, and I soon realized it is just a grindfest for people who grind away at getting at the dozens of items in game.

It makes me sad, since it wouldn't really take much at all to make this game a good game, it's just like they gave up completely. And it makes me sad that I feel that no fix will ever actually make this game interesting at all.

But I was wondering, is it possible for someone to mod this game so much, that the enemy would actually work, and that the ranged weapons would be a bit more realistic and inaccurate, etc. (just a tip of the iceberg here, trying to keep it short).

The reason I ask if this can be modded is, that I have no faith in the developers to want to fix this, because this is what they went with and this is what someone decided was a good idea, and I doubt they will look at it now and change their mind about this horribly expensive screensaver/free run debacle.

You know, I felt the same way and then realized I hadn't turned on my monitor! Go figure!