PDA

View Full Version : ACU crashing along with other Ubisoft titles

Geybutts
12-22-2014, 07:20 PM
So after Patch 4, my Assassin's Creed Unity has crashed before I get to the "Press Any Key" screen. I got around it once by Alt+Enter, but that does not even work anymore. The same issue happens with Far Cry 4 and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Far Cry 3 works just fine, but it starts up in windowed mode. I have done everything I could find/think of. I really want to get back to playing the games and my friends are waiting on me. What could be causing this issue???

YazX_
12-22-2014, 10:23 PM
There are many reasons and its hard to tell or guess what it might be since we dont know your system specs nor what you have tried so far.

walsemgeest
12-22-2014, 10:33 PM
He is not the only one.
Right after installing Patch 4 the game does not work anymore.

Before Patch i did not had any problems playing the game on my new PC, but since the patch i can't even start playing.
I already have reinstalled the whole game.

Geybutts
12-22-2014, 10:56 PM
i5-4670k
16GB RAM
GTX 980
z87-g45 gaming motherboard

I have reinstalled the game, verified cache, reinstalled Uplay, tried getting it into windowed mode, and reinstalling my drivers. Nothing has worked. What is odd is that it affects all Ubisoft titles for me.

Ryan11052
12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
So after Patch 4, my Assassin's Creed Unity has crashed before I get to the "Press Any Key" screen. I got around it once by Alt+Enter, but that does not even work anymore. The same issue happens with Far Cry 4 and Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Far Cry 3 works just fine, but it starts up in windowed mode. I have done everything I could find/think of. I really want to get back to playing the games and my friends are waiting on me. What could be causing this issue???

I'm having the same issue. My specs are plenty good for this game. It worked when I purchased the game two days ago, but it no longer does. I open the game, it goes through the advertisements, and right when it's getting to the screen that says "Assassin's Creed Unity" "Press Any Key" it crashes, sends me back to a blank desktop, and says it's not responding. I've tried running it multiple times, in different ways, but with no luck.

sutobe
12-22-2014, 11:26 PM
I had the crash at the press any key screen to.

For me (and for many others) deleting the the Assassins Creed Unity Folder in the Your Documents folder did the trick.

I only had to do the graphic settings again.

No idea about the other Ubisoft titles, sorry.

But I am getting this nice bug now which is not less frustrating, I hope Ubisoft knows how to fix this. --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/980599-ACU-exe-crashes-trying-to-enter-hallway-to-Assassin-s-council-Sequence-4-Mission-1

YazX_
12-22-2014, 11:34 PM
i5-4670k
16GB RAM
GTX 980
z87-g45 gaming motherboard

I have reinstalled the game, verified cache, reinstalled Uplay, tried getting it into windowed mode, and reinstalling my drivers. Nothing has worked. What is odd is that it affects all Ubisoft titles for me.

do you have MSI AfterBurner or any OSD tool running (RTSS) ? if yes, then turn it off and try to launch the game.

if not, it worth to check this post:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/953087-acu-exe-crash-fix?p=10359630&viewfull=1#post10359630

Smrda94
12-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Download latest beta drivers it helped me with Unity idk for other games :\

Geybutts
12-23-2014, 08:46 AM
I had the crash at the press any key screen to.

For me (and for many others) deleting the the Assassins Creed Unity Folder in the Your Documents folder did the trick.

I only had to do the graphic settings again.

No idea about the other Ubisoft titles, sorry.

But I am getting this nice bug now which is not less frustrating, I hope Ubisoft knows how to fix this. --> http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/980599-ACU-exe-crashes-trying-to-enter-hallway-to-Assassin-s-council-Sequence-4-Mission-1

That worked for me and for some reason deleting the ACU folder fixed the other games too!