PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity - When can we expect patch 5?

RagingAvatar
12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
I've been playing AC: Unity (XBO) - I'm not far through the game but have been playing some co-op missions with a friend..
I have to say I really like the game - it's great! - apart from it being broken a lot of the time.

Sometimes my sound drops out completely for a few seconds.
Network sync issues all over the place - last night in a co-op mission, my friend appeared on the floor beneath me despite him being next to me on his screen.
Missions are sometimes bugged - in 'The Austrian Conspiracy' co-op mission, we needed to steal a document from an NPC in the maze. I killed the NPC but his body fell through the floor: so I couldn't loot him and couldn't get the documents. We had to forcibly kill ourselves (at the same time) so we could leave and start another mission.

TLDR; When can we expect patch 5? I really like this game but I want it to not be so buggy!

Jackdaw951
12-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Yes, I've experienced the increased audio dropouts (same system) along with several other alarming issues brought on or worsened by Patch 4. (I have already posted about those elsewhere.) I do hope they don't consider their work done after this patch, because the game is still quite broken. They need to finish what they started.

EmptyCrustacean
12-22-2014, 07:14 PM
I've been playing AC: Unity (XBO) - I'm not far through the game but have been playing some co-op missions with a friend..
I have to say I really like the game - it's great! - apart from it being broken a lot of the time.

Give it time. It's only going to get worse as you progress through the main campaign and the Paris Stories missions.
I too thought the first few hours of the game were brilliant and FRESH. I was loving the new parkour system, motion capture acting and the beautiful graphics but then as the missions became more demanding the flaws in the meachnics become more apparent and you become less forgiving of their lack of responsiveness. The frame rate starts to drop more frequently. The weak, cliche story starts rushing through in a frantic pace as the characters grow more bland and shallow. It became such a tedious, repetitive grind at a certain point that in the end I was just playing it to finish it.

Jackdaw951
12-22-2014, 08:07 PM
I just accepted a 120MB update. That's technically Patch 5 (though I'm sure they won't call it that). Anyone know what it's about?

Harpua77V
12-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I just accepted a 120MB update. That's technically Patch 5 (though I'm sure they won't call it that). Anyone know what it's about?

Just got this as well.

Jackdaw951
12-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Update 12/22, 10am PST:

We have confirmed that Patch 4 download size on Xbox One will be fixed starting today.

Players will see the following patch sizes:

Players who have previously downloaded TU4 will have a 142MB patch
Players who only have Patch 3 will have a 5.7GB patch
Players who have not previously patched the game, which includes new players, will have a 6.3GB patch

This fix is rolling out now and should be deployed on Xbox One consoles throughout the day.

-The Live Update Team
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

That explains it (though the system only reported 120 MB). So they've fixed the mess with the Xbox. Nice. The game has been smoother and more stable today, but I dare not hope that has anything to do with this small fix to Patch 4. Maybe it does. We shall see.

RaindancerAU
12-23-2014, 08:04 AM
No, it's not patch 5.

It's patch 1 for patch 4 :rolleyes:

I still have yet to complete my original 40GB download of patch 4 and have no option other than to complete it.

Might be done by tomorrow night, I've been "lucky" with my download speeds and it's been a bit quicker than the 10-12 days I was expecting.

Still thoroughly displeased for having to download for over a week.

killzab
12-23-2014, 12:56 PM
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo5/Charliexeneize/alfred-nevah.gif

joelsantos24
12-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Give it time. It's only going to get worse as you progress through the main campaign and the Paris Stories missions.
I too thought the first few hours of the game were brilliant and FRESH. I was loving the new parkour system, motion capture acting and the beautiful graphics but then as the missions became more demanding the flaws in the meachnics become more apparent and you become less forgiving of their lack of responsiveness. The frame rate starts to drop more frequently. The weak, cliche story starts rushing through in a frantic pace as the characters grow more bland and shallow. It became such a tedious, repetitive grind at a certain point that in the end I was just playing it to finish it.
Wow... I didn't experience any of that. In fact, the only significant glitch that I had, was getting stuck on supposedly solid structures. After the third update, last night was the first time it actually happened, still it was a co-op mission, so...

LoyalACFan
12-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah, my audio glitched out entirely during the last mission, but the ending was so bad and lazy anyway I didn't care much.

wvstolzing
12-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Audio (specifically music) glitches are present on the PS4 as well.

Especially the music that accompanies fighting is now completely borked. Snippets of it start and stop haphazardly during, or usually *after* (?!) a fight.

lothario-da-be
12-23-2014, 09:50 PM
I hope patch 5 will fix modern day. every time modern day is about to start it's just some woman talking to me, then when I expect modern day to start it goes back to the historical part. Can anyone here summarize what happens in the modern day? Keep it short please, max 5 sentences.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-23-2014, 10:47 PM
When can we expect patch 5?

I think we're going to have to face up to the likelihood that there will be no patch 5. Some spokesperson will probably pop up at some point and say it's an unfortunate side-effect of the reality of game development, and that a 5th patch just isn't a reasonable use of Ubisoft's time and resources.

wvstolzing
12-23-2014, 11:32 PM
They still need to patch up Tetris ... of all things.

Yeah, ubisoft-published tetris suffers from framerate issues. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Okapi_23
12-23-2014, 11:36 PM
I think we're going to have to face up to the likelihood that there will be no patch 5. Some spokesperson will probably pop up at some point and say it's an unfortunate side-effect of the reality of game development, and that a 5th patch just isn't a reasonable use of Ubisoft's time and resources.

When I filled a ticket for the landmark glitch the Ubisoft support told me they were working on an update to address this. Since there is still a number of issues right now and the game is still active I would assume patch 5 will come up eventually down the line.