PDA

View Full Version : Lost Game Save / Corrupted Game Save - PC WORKAROUND

UbiJustin
12-22-2014, 04:50 PM
If you have loaded up AC Unity after patch 4 and you have found that either your progress has been reset or you are receiving a corrupted save error, there are a few things you can attempt to recover your save from the cloud.

Steps To Delete Local Save Files

Step 1: Navigate to one of the following files:
Uplay - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720
​Steam - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\857

Step 2: Back up these files

Copy these files and save them to your desktop or an external USB drive.

Step 3: From step 1, delete the \720 folder for Uplay or delete the \857 file for Steam. Here is additional information on how to do this. (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ)

Step 4: Completely close out of Uplay or Steam and restart.

Step 5: In the Uplay launcher Settings, ensure that "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" is checked on.

Step 6: Start Unity and allow the game to sync from the cloud save.

This has worked for many players experiencing this issue; however, it may not work for all. If it does not work, restore your local save files from your back-up and please contact our customer support (https://support.ubi.com/). We may not be able to restore your save, but we will be able to document the individual cases of this issue.

Additionally, you can try verifying your files or re-installing.

At the moment, this is only for PC and we are investigating reports of this on Consoles. If you are experiencing this on console, please contact customer support (https://support.ubi.com/).

Please provide feedback below if this has worked for you.

NetoShuffle
12-23-2014, 01:27 AM
hola, bueno ya termine al 100% assassins creed unity y quiero jugarlo de nuevo, me dijeron que creara otro perfil, pero la pregunta es como, lo compre en uplay para pc, necesito su ayuda :3

butl287
12-23-2014, 02:27 AM
If you have loaded up AC Unity after patch 4 and you have found that either your progress has been reset or you are receiving a corrupted save error, there are a few things you can attempt to recover your save from the cloud.

Uplay - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\720
​Steam - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[Uplay ID Number]\857

Step 3: From step 1, delete the \720 folder for Uplay or delete the \857 file for Steam. Here is additional information on how to do this. (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ)

Step 5: In the Uplay launcher Settings, ensure that "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" is checked on.

This has worked for many players experiencing this issue; however, it may not work for all. If it does not work, restore your local save files from your back-up and please contact our customer support (https://support.ubi.com/). We may not be able to restore your save, but we will be able to document the individual cases of this issue.

At the moment, this is only for PC and we are investigating reports of this on Consoles. If you are experiencing this on console, please contact customer support (https://support.ubi.com/).

I have neither of the files that are in step one....

WestLil0
12-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Tienes que seguir estas instrucciones para borrar el "save" original y comenzar un nuevo juego. Borra el numero 720 al llegar al lugar correcto en el directorio como se indica:

hola, bueno ya termine al 100% assassins creed unity y quiero jugarlo de nuevo, me dijeron que creara otro perfil, pero la pregunta es como, lo compre en uplay para pc, necesito su ayuda :3

futura2kx
12-27-2014, 03:08 AM
yeah right!!!
every patch of your buggy game my save data is gone. This is the 4th time it has happened directly after a patch. and your cloud servers are even worse.
Explain how to restore a local save game after your garbage patch to this shotty game resets everything??

westloc
12-28-2014, 10:01 PM

Yeah, look I did all this and it didn't work, but that's not the only issue now. I gave up on trying to get all my progress back and so I decided to replay the game but now I can't even do that because the game doesn't save my progress at all, so every time I play I have to do it from the very beginning and there's no point in that. :(
Wish Ubisoft fixed this.

Derek_Flint
12-30-2014, 01:46 AM
When you first loose your saved game go offline and play game at least until you get the pocket watch back, then quit to desktop and go back online to play. Select the cloud saved game and the progress should be restored to the level you were at when your PC crashed.

The problem is probably the result of a deletion or corruption of a file and when you play in offline mode it resets the save game files that were damaged. Good luck!

P.S. Fast travel then quit to desktop often and every time you complete something you want saved, to avoid game crashes and the need to restart offline to get your saved game back.

Thatsodd
12-30-2014, 05:20 PM
started pc game on 13 dec .. on cloud saves amongst all the frame skipping and 10 second freezes and lots of crashes completed single player missions new patch 4 came out start game popup save to disk and cloud saves...
tick cloud saves next popup cloud not working ok so tick save to disk
restart game saves to disk not working done some research online says untick cloud saves in uplay launcher did this games started to save to disk ok .. completed single player missions a 2nd time.. no game crashes this time but still getting 10 second freeze frames not so often this time and 3 second frame skipping ..very bad frame skipping in helix missions ..sometimes a clear temp folder and reboot can sort the 3 second game skipping
then done all side missions all chests and all shields and cockades and got my xp points back up to where i need them for online play .. 2 weeks of game play.. went to start game on 29th dec game rolled back to begining of game as saves were not working again and thought not going to watch helix start video for the 30th time dare not play the game because of the auto save and really dont want to go through all the pain of doing every single mission and side missions for the 3rd time and 4th and 5th and so on a so on all because the saves wont work so submitted a ticket to support ..awaiting on answer from support ......please fix the saves.. and could someone please take a look at my ticket ...thnx...
oh one more thing id like to add playing the second time round after id completed all single player missions and side missions had about 10 chests to go and about 5 cockades
had a popup on 28th dec in game saying my club had won 2nd place in a competion now im thinking id made a club but there was only me in the club so how can my club play a competition.. this was on the day when my last save stopped working

MisterJedi
01-01-2015, 11:34 PM
I lost my save game progress again for the THIRD time today, that is it for me I guess. I'm just too frustrated to restart the game again and again, losing all my previous progress. This is so stupid. I tried the backup save from local, the cloud, or a combination of both and keep a local copy of saves, no luck (third time the charm, NOT)

I just uninstalled this piece of trash game, please do let me know if they decide to actually fix the game.

OmegaSyn
02-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Aaaand here we go again ... if AC: Black Flag wasn't bad enough with the corrupt final stage error causing crashes and corrupting save games ... Unity is no different! Shouldn't be surprised really, they are yet to make a game that works why start now.

Playing Unity this morning, all fine, i get to a save point, log out as I always do and come back a few hours later - get the initial intro movie sequence of welcome to Abstergo PLUS the nice little game save icon immediately. I exited the game ASAP, cloud synced, and now I have a 0% synced game.

Doing the delete of the 720 folder as above poster mentioned was no joy, nor was starting offline.

Thanks Ubisoft, keep up the "good" work....

hel1953
03-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Hi, i done everthing except step 5 cud not find it , but the game plays anyway and it sync with cloud as well. Plus game continued from
where i was when the glitch happened , good luck to others

manu20vcl
03-16-2015, 08:20 PM
pongo el codigo del dlc y cuando entro al juego no pasa nada como puedo solucionarlo

L_Alejo
03-19-2015, 02:40 AM
I just lost my savefile, a 100% completion savefile mind you...Deleting the savegames folder fixed the issue for one day, I spent some time playing the intro, then, as I loaded the game today...surprise, savefile corrupted again....What the hell is wrong with you Ubisoft? Your save file management ever since AC2 has been HORRENDOUS and you keep making the same damn mistakes in every new AC game you pull out, how do you people manage to make matters worse EVERY TIME?Seriously, get a grip on coding progress.

leotoro
03-21-2015, 10:16 PM
I exit form the game to desktop.
I grab something to eat.
Then I try to play and I only get message that sync with cloud is unavailable.
I exit Uplay app than I try log in but I can't, after 30 min I was able to log in but when I start to play all my progress was lost !
Game was starting from beginning - save game was lost.
I try to restore save game from the cloud but it says it has date from December 2014 !
We have 21 march of 2015 !
I will submit a ticket to support and we see what they will have to say in this matter.

Update 24.03.2015 :

I have to restore my save game files from Windows Backup.
I lost 5% of game progress but it is better than 100%.
For all people who want to cloud save game service work properly - You have got to run Uplay in Administrator mode / privileges to work it correctly under Windows 7.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher, file Uplay.exe
Right click the file chose Properties and in Compatibility mark Run as Administrator than Apply and OK

Also It is good idea to made backup of the save games.
In my case it is located in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<some random numbers>\720

--------
Support also suggest it is possible to restore previous version of the files using this method :
Right click on the save game file chose Proprieties than tab Previous Versions and restore them.
(in my case it does not work).

Best Regards
leotoro

zhiming146
03-25-2015, 06:34 PM
I exit form the game to desktop.
I grab something to eat.
Then I try to play and I only get message that sync with cloud is unavailable.
I exit Uplay app than I try log in but I can't, after 30 min I was able to log in but when I start to play all my progress was lost !
Game was starting from beginning - save game was lost.
I try to restore save game from the cloud but it says it has date from December 2014 !
We have 21 march of 2015 !
I will submit a ticket to support and we see what they will have to say in this matter.

Update 24.03.2015 :

I have to restore my save game files from Windows Backup.
I lost 5% of game progress but it is better than 100%.
For all people who want to cloud save game service work properly - You have got to run Uplay in Administrator mode / privileges to work it correctly under Windows 7.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher, file Uplay.exe
Right click the file chose Properties and in Compatibility mark Run as Administrator than Apply and OK

Also It is good idea to made backup of the save games.
In my case it is located in :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<some random numbers>\720

--------
Support also suggest it is possible to restore previous version of the files using this method :
Right click on the save game file chose Proprieties than tab Previous Versions and restore them.
(in my case it does not work).

Best Regards
leotoro

letoro, can u pls help me.
I've just lost my save a few days ago (21/3). And then, I use some recover program to recover the save game file, and the best I got is a save game from 14/3 (1.save file and 2.save file).
But now, when I copy these 2 files to the savegame folder, then start the game. The save game syncing is always error. Even I turn it off, it cannot recognize my save file and still start all over again.
What the best thing I can do now? I've no hope of Ubisoft support.

nikagra
04-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Same problem here. Game crashed during mission start and game save seems to be corrupted. Nothing helps. Have to google on how to start a new game, because there is no even such option in main menu!

P.S. I've bought AC Unity Notre Dame Edition...

Senningiri_GR
04-08-2015, 08:07 AM
I had no save problems like it but Assassins Creed Unity switched to off-line with no reason and had me start over. In Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag I had a big problem, as I got no Uplay credits for my progress and no XP in Initiates which showed the game started and 0%

HipperMaxPower
04-27-2015, 09:13 PM
I have the same problem and support the recommendation is to delete your damaged file and start from scratch ... I already had more than 70% of the game and does not want to start again ...

Best we recommend returning the money and returned them this game badly programmed

Byrdman10
04-28-2015, 01:28 AM
Thanks for this post. You saved me from losing HOURS of progress!

Yours,

Byrdman

mags1892
07-02-2015, 02:09 PM
SO i played the game i got to 60% ish had sword of eden etc etc etc over 500000 francs,i had hods of uplay points . then this morning it all resets the game is back to the start and my uplay points GONE.

Ive tried the workaround which DID NOT WORK.

What a peice of complete pap ive got the entire assasins creed portfolio on xbox and this is the first on PC . NEVER AGAIN UBISOFT IVE HD IT WITH YOU - you shafted me the same way with watchdogs and now this ....

PATHETIC...

I WANT A REFUND>.....

IVE JUST NOTICED- I had the SAME problem with WATCHDOGS and the dates on the folder are EXACTLY 1 year ago and within an HOUR ......

Mr_Shade
07-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi there,

Please continue to work with support and they will help identify the issue - so please bear with them!

mags1892
07-02-2015, 08:20 PM
hi there,

please continue to work with support and they will help identify the issue - so please bear with them!

what support ????

mags1892
07-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Hello mags1892,

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support. I am sorry to hear that you have lost your save progress.

Please try the workaround in the link below:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/980526-Lost-Game-Save-Corrupted-Game-Save-PC-WORKAROUND

However if this does not help you will have unfortunately lost your save progress.

Lost save data can be caused by several things.

The following are the most likely causes:

- Connectivity Issues
- Background Applications
- System Issues
- Administration Privileges
- Corrupted Save File
- Corrupted Game Files

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to help prevent this from happening again.

1 - Make regular backup copies of your save file to another location on your PC. ****** (CLIPPED MEANINGLESS DRIVEL ABOUT DISABLING ANTI VIRUS AND OTHER PATRONISING CRAP******

My Respnse:--

mags18927/5/2015 10:35:04 AM
I see you did not even READ the problem before you commented otherwise youd have seen I had already tried the workaround. The issue is with YOUR servers and CLOUD backups, the fact that YOUR servers went down (on the saem day they did last year so i can only presume this was a yearly maintenance thing), and you failed to do correct backups. The fact so many people have had this problem shows its an issue UBISOFT should be sorting out. In the meantime a way of using someone else backup games would be good something others have fathomed out on steam editions etc but I cannot get to work on my uplay version. Im sure if UBISOFT put their mind to it you COULD make game saves that can work pretty easy, you just dont seem to give a heck about your users so you cant be bothered.