PDA

View Full Version : Will Dead Kings and China DLC be standalone or require the disk?

klyons80
12-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Anyone know?

ImSoNotSchizo
12-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Anyone know?

dead kings will be available through downloadable content, china was planned to be a download too, but that may change now the season pass is no longer available but i doubt it

guardian_titan
12-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Dead Kings is part of Arno's story. Chances are it'll require Unity like ToKW required AC3. Since Freedom Cry didn't relate to Edward but was close to the AC4 era and a bit of a prequel to Rogue, it was released originally with AC4 but then separately so people didn't have to buy AC4 to get it.

The China platformer game is an entirely different engine so shouldn't require ACU to run, but since it was part of the Unity DLC originally, it'll need Unity to download (in the beginning). If it's like any other DLC, the season pass won't be required since the parts tend to end up downloadable separately once released anyway. Chances are, it will be made available completely separate later much like how Freedom Cry was. Kind of makes no sense to have a platformer game be forever tied to having to own Unity to own it. Some people may like platformers but not 3D. Others may like the reverse. Some like both and some like neither. Makes sense from a marketing standpoint to release it separate a few months after its initial release.

At this point, no one really knows for sure. Ubisoft will likely make that announcement early next year. Kind of begs the question if Ubisoft even knows what they're doing with Unity at the moment, though.

Patience is a virtue. :) We'll know soon enough and chances are a thread on it will pop up on the forums along with articles on various gamer websites. Ubisoft will likely also send out an e-mail on it. I doubt you'll miss it.

PandaPuff86
12-22-2014, 05:34 PM
DLC's usually requires the disc and in this instance, I think it will be. Dead Kings will be released soon and I'm guessing that Chronicles will be released in February because at that time....its Chinese New Year?:p

klyons80
12-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Dead Kings is part of Arno's story. Chances are it'll require Unity like ToKW required AC3. Since Freedom Cry didn't relate to Edward but was close to the AC4 era and a bit of a prequel to Rogue, it was released originally with AC4 but then separately so people didn't have to buy AC4 to get it.

The China platformer game is an entirely different engine so shouldn't require ACU to run, but since it was part of the Unity DLC originally, it'll need Unity to download (in the beginning). If it's like any other DLC, the season pass won't be required since the parts tend to end up downloadable separately once released anyway. Chances are, it will be made available completely separate later much like how Freedom Cry was. Kind of makes no sense to have a platformer game be forever tied to having to own Unity to own it. Some people may like platformers but not 3D. Others may like the reverse. Some like both and some like neither. Makes sense from a marketing standpoint to release it separate a few months after its initial release.

At this point, no one really knows for sure. Ubisoft will likely make that announcement early next year. Kind of begs the question if Ubisoft even knows what they're doing with Unity at the moment, though.

Patience is a virtue. :) We'll know soon enough and chances are a thread on it will pop up on the forums along with articles on various gamer websites. Ubisoft will likely also send out an e-mail on it. I doubt you'll miss it.

Thank you for that awesome response man! Well I'm just gonna be honest here. With Patch 4 I was finally able to move forward in the campaign and beat it a couple days ago. I was a season pass holder. Got my free game, etc. I love Asssassins Creed and want to play Dead Kings as well as the China DLC...just sucks I have to hold onto Unity to do so. It's worth something at GameStop now, probably won't be by the time I've played the DLC. Oh well, no biggie. Thanks again for your response.