PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi Bass

dm_gsxr
12-22-2014, 05:47 AM
I was playing the Bon Jovi tracks last night and tonight. Great fun for me. The bass riffs are exactly why I thought I could play guitar/bass. Once I get the pattern down, it just rocks. I'm in the groove. Heck, if I think about it, I lose my place and have to skip a few notes until I get the rhythm down again.

And running it through a splitter has improved my game and enjoyment if the song. I can actually hear where I miss and quickly adjust, better than the double arrows.

Great fun :)

Carl

Femacejo
12-22-2014, 10:39 PM
I played around the Bon Jovi Bass tunes as well and found them quite enjoyable as well.

I do find it a b it hard to play the bass without a pick . . . I have not gotten used to "walking" my fingers.

I completely agree with Dungeon Master GSXR . . . . of course, I am only guessing that is what "GM" stands for :)

dm_gsxr
12-23-2014, 03:30 AM
Yea, I played the one without a pick and I was all over the place with note sound. Some soft, some harder. With the pick, I seem to have a consistent sound coming from the amp. I tried it both ways and it sounds better (consistent) with the pick.

And yea, 'dm' = Dungeon Master and I ride a Hayabusa. At the time of creating my handle way way back, I was riding a GSXR750W.

Carl