PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3: Definitive edition

ajl992008
12-22-2014, 12:45 AM
So I had an idea in my head. What if ubisoft made a definitive edition of ac3? ow when I say definitive edition I don't mean just an up res and leave it at that. Here is my idea:

- All missions will be redone into a similar style as ac4 and rogue, more open ended.
- All the improvements that have been made by ac4 and rogue wil be incorporated into ac3
- update graphics further.
- reshape the story a little, I don't mean remake a story point but take out unimportant sections and replace it with new missions which are more interesting, for example, sequence two with haytham on the ship going to boston was in my opinion unnecessary. If it was taken out and another connor sequence was made of another point in his life during the course of ac3?
- add the same changes to the tyranny of king Washington and ad it to the main campaign but have a sequence explaining how Washington got the apple.
- have an epilogue worth 2/3 sequences (2/3 hours) with connor after the events of ac3 and have shay as the main antagonist, use this epilogue to give his story a conclusion.
- have the modern day actually be a sequel to rogue with otso berg and melanie at abstergo industries with the research assistant searching connor's menories to acquire additional data, this will make the game flow very well from assassins creed rogue making a trilogy (ac3 def edition, ac4 and rogue.)

So this is a semi remake in a sense, its taking ac3's story, locations and setting but upgrading everything else while giving connor a conclusion while improving on the things everyone didn't like about ac3. This will be less expensive than creating another last gen game like rogue and can complement victory very well, Ubisoft sofia can develop it as they are familiar with the setting from rogue. those are my thoughts, what do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 12:47 AM
I hate titles like these.

Because they make me think some remastered announcement happened and it crushes mah dreams

UniteUnderPower
12-22-2014, 01:59 AM
I like most of your suggestions and would not be opposed to a definitive edition of AC3, but I am not that big of a fan of your last suggestions. They sound more in line for a direct sequel to AC3 rather than being added onto the game. I like the suggestion of an epilogue, but I think that they should make a direct sequel to AC3 with that kind of storyline and Shay as the antagonist. It wouldn't really make sense to completely change the modern-day story for what is meant to be a remastered AC3 and would render the Desmond storyline in the original AC3 obsolete.

ajl992008
12-22-2014, 01:13 PM
I like most of your suggestions and would not be opposed to a definitive edition of AC3, but I am not that big of a fan of your last suggestions. They sound more in line for a direct sequel to AC3 rather than being added onto the game. I like the suggestion of an epilogue, but I think that they should make a direct sequel to AC3 with that kind of storyline and Shay as the antagonist. It wouldn't really make sense to completely change the modern-day story for what is meant to be a remastered AC3 and would render the Desmond storyline in the original AC3 obsolete.

not necessarily, lets be honest, they are not giving us a connor sequel now. So rather than some DLC with rogue or a book i would rather they added the extra content to ac3 to make it feel more rounded. When I say change the modern day I don't mean making desmonds part obsolete. That all happened but Connors memories are being researched again in 2015 by the research analyst as ordered by otso berg to get an idea of what desmond saw for example. I thought it was a clever way to give a remastered version of the game while still carrying on the current story and making ac4, rogue and this feel like a inked, free flowing game whereas going from ac4 to rogue to ac3 may not feel as consistent, this would work a lot better in my opinion.

RADAR__4077
12-22-2014, 05:34 PM
I will start by saying I enjoyed ac3.

While I do like most of your ideas, I think dlc or a sequel would be better. I know I wouldn't pay for a Frankenstein version of a game I already own and enjoy. But maybe that's just me.

hood3dassassin5
12-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Take my money

jnthnblr
09-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Or consider this; go whole *** and make a Complete Definitive Edition includes Assassin's Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3 all updated, revised, and all running at 1080p 60 fps all of them on the next-gen consoles. yea buddy!