PDA

View Full Version : Club Competitions Have Arrived!!!

RADAR__4077
12-21-2014, 11:09 PM
...or at least...that's what the headline said....
assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-189184-16/club-competitions-have-arrived

So... when is "very soon"?
And am I mistaken or do I spy some new gear in the pics?

P.S. what's the hold up with the peace offering free dlc?

JustPlainQuirky
12-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Meh.

I already have the legendary gear I want so...

Hrafnagud72
12-22-2014, 01:40 AM
Club competition just seems like another thing they will introduce that will be broken.

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 01:45 AM
if club competition was players vs players in like a fight or something then i'd be interested

Pr0metheus 1962
12-22-2014, 03:53 AM
I have no interest in Club Competitions. If they would create a few more co-op missions, that would be interesting, but competing against other arseholes for loot? Count me out.

RADAR__4077
12-22-2014, 04:27 AM
I think it's BS to, but I was lucky enough to get picked up by a full roster club so I might actually stand a chance, even with my 50 hour a week job and a LIFE. They obviously didn't consider people like me when they locked away gear behind such unrealistic goals.

wvstolzing
12-22-2014, 05:23 AM
... except that they haven't really.

But I'm glad for future generations, for it is they who shall enjoy the thrill of *earning* their equipment, and not even using it, because they know it maketh the game easier -- so glad, that they didn't ruin the game by removing the club competition requirements altogether.

I mean, look at Black Flag's thriving 'social event' scene; and how newcomers are still able to enjoy the bliss, of a hard-won cutlass.

RADAR__4077
12-22-2014, 05:53 AM
... except that they haven't really.

But I'm glad for future generations, for it is they who shall enjoy the thrill of *earning* their equipment, and not even using it, because they know it maketh the game easier -- so glad, that they didn't ruin the game by removing the club competition requirements altogether.

I mean, look at Black Flag's thriving 'social event' scene; and how newcomers are still able to enjoy the bliss, of a hard-won cutlass.

Ummm.... sorry, but I'm having a little bit of trouble separating what you actually mean from the sarcasm. That sort of thing tends to get lost in writing lol.

Am I correct in saying that you agree that club competitions are a poor choice for making us work for gear?

wvstolzing
12-22-2014, 06:18 AM
That sort of thing tends to get lost in writing lol.

Particularly on these forums, yes.

I was trying to be sarcastic.

... and yeah, it turns out that precisely the kind of gear that suits my play style remains locked! Talk about bad lu..... I CAN'T MAKE MY OWN LUCK .... boohooo

RADAR__4077
12-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Particularly on these forums, yes.

I was trying to be sarcastic.

... and yeah, it turns out that precisely the kind of gear that suits my play style remains locked! Talk about bad lu..... I CAN'T MAKE MY OWN LUCK .... boohooo

I feel your pain. When I heard some of the gear was unlocked I thought, "cool. I want the military set, but I'd be happy with sans-coulette or even medieval.......son of a *****!!!"

Acentik
12-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Club Competition should been some pvp style and not just some time stelling repetetive colleting goal.

RADAR__4077
12-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Club Competition should been some pvp style and not just some time stelling repetetive colleting goal.

Yeah even if not direct combat, relay races and scored assassination challenges could be fun if done right.

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 09:10 PM
yeah so sad it wasnt pvp

OuneSoupQc
12-23-2014, 01:53 AM
What's sad is that the Club Competition only counts Creed Points which can be farmed pretty easily. It's not an indication of how good your Club is (only that it plays a lot). After an hour, I actually don't care about the club competition anymore already since a solo player could beat a 50 members club by simply farming creed points in the same mission.

mb12roofus
12-23-2014, 06:00 AM
After an hour, I actually don't care about the club competition anymore already since a solo player could beat a 50 members club by simply farming creed points in the same mission.

i just finished doing 3 heist missions by myself, i'm in 1st place over a team that has 11 members, so i'm probably the guy you're talking about! i was disappointed that my team (2 members) is up against a team with 11 members, was hoping that the "random" matching of clubs would be more even. those of us who don't have many friends on console will be most likely out of luck when trying to win competitions. i did like the double creed points and got to LEGEND after being at ELITE MASTER before starting this evening so that was fun, but didn't earn anything special for getting that rank.%98 completion and waiting for the ****ing companion app to unlock the helix artifacts and such. looking forward to dead kings, will be something new to play this winter and help me get to level 13 for initiates.