PDA

View Full Version : Want ambient music in Unity? Post missions with free-roam music ITT

Frank9182011
12-21-2014, 07:12 PM
Hey guys,

Now that we know Unity doesn't offer the type of free-roam ambient music we were all expecting/hoping for, I thought I'd post an (admittedly minor) workaround.

Specifically, some of the story missions have "ambient" music that will continuously play even if you go off-mission and initiate other side missions (such as Murder Mysteries, or Paris Stories), or if you just want to free-roam.

I haven't replayed all of the missions with this in mind to see which ones have good continuously playing music, but I thought we could aggregate this information in a single thread just in case Unity players wanted to simulate ambient music, if you will.

I'll start:

Sequence 7, Memory 2 - Here is the mission where you have to investigate Mirabeau's murderIt has some great "ambient" music that will continue to play if you want to go off-mission and do something else, get chests, whatever.

Any others?

Shahkulu101
12-21-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure ambient music plays sometimes when you enter new districts, however it's only for a small while. It's pretty nice stuff, too.

Aphex_Tim
12-21-2014, 07:30 PM
To be honest, I didn't really miss it at all this time.
AC3's frontier and cities felt kind of empty so the lack of ambient music there didn't really help in that aspect. But Paris feels so alive and has so much atmosphere on itself that, to me at least, it doesn't even really need ambient music. I never even really noticed the lack of it until it was brought up on the forums.

Frank9182011
12-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Appreciate the responses, guys.

On-topic - anyone know of other missions that have continuously playing music and allow you to wander off-mission?

Frank9182011
12-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Bump - anyone interested in this? Seemed like a semi-workaround for the lack of ambient music (especially post-game, when the tunes for entering a new district seem to no longer play).

WendysBrioche
12-25-2014, 12:04 AM
There was music during free roam. I thought it was the best in the series. Just me though. XD

Pandassin
12-25-2014, 12:08 AM
I was playing today and there was ambient music the whole time playing free roam, I actually prefer this game without it to be honest, there's enough atmosphere in the city to keep me happy.

Frank9182011
12-26-2014, 04:09 AM
I was playing today and there was ambient music the whole time playing free roam, I actually prefer this game without it to be honest, there's enough atmosphere in the city to keep me happy.

Can you provide some more details on how you were playing? I believe you, I just want to replicate this since, when I free-roam, it's basically completely silent music-wise.

Are you post-game? How do you get it the ambient music to start once you boot the game up? For instance, I have finished the main story - when I start playing, I usually spawn by the Cafe Theater or Cite, after which I'll start running around/getting chests/etc. During this, ambient music never once starts up.

There was music during free roam. I thought it was the best in the series. Just me though. XD

Can you provide some details as well? Again, I'd love to have some ambient music playing during my free-roaming sessions.