PDA

View Full Version : How to not download 1.4

Whislar
12-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi all, how do I not download patch 1.4? I've been playing a bit and have about 52% sync'd and I want to continue playing over the holiday season. I don't want to risk not being aable to play with 1.4 do I just disconnect from uplay and launch the game normally?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!

Yamatsan
12-21-2014, 11:22 AM
If you play offline it won't update, but you will loose a lot of functionality in-game.

Whislar
12-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Crap, so I really should install it and hope for the best then? Anyone tested upgrading to 1.4 before updating nvidia drivers?

Eagle017
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
After patching to 1.4 the game crashed at the title screen when I tried to start but the latest beta-driver (347.09) solved the problem. Now it works just fine. So updating the driver after patching worked quite well, at least in my case.

IMRicko
12-21-2014, 05:27 PM
You can start the game from Unity desktop shortcut and it will only sync your save files and achievements but won't be looking for new patch. Everytime you stop the game and want to start again you have to do the same routine. Works for me

YazX_
12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
TAKE A BACKUP FROM YOUR SAVES BEFORE PROCEEDING.

1. Take a backup from ACU.exe, DataPC.forge, DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge, DataPC_ACU_Versailles.forge. (note those are the most of patched files that replace existing files, there is DataPC_10_DLC.forge in dlc_10 folder but not important to take a backup from, other patch files download without replacing any existing files and have trailing patch_03 at the end of the name -yes its 1.4 patch but their name has Patch_03-)
2. Download Patch 1.04.
3. Take a backup from ACU.exe 1.04.
4. Replace ACU.exe 1.04 with ACU.exe 1.03.
5. Create a shortcut for ACU.exe and launch the game using it.

it should start online without updating, if you have any issues with paris/versailles maps, then replace them with patch 1.03 version you took a backup from in step 1.

Leo_2301
12-23-2014, 01:29 PM
You can start the game from Unity desktop shortcut and it will only sync your save files and achievements but won't be looking for new patch. Everytime you stop the game and want to start again you have to do the same routine. Works for me
It only works for me sometimes. Like every 8 times I launch the game, it doesn't check for patches for only 1 time. So I mostly play offline since I don't want to patch the game :(

Whislar
12-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the tips/advice. I must be one of the lucky ones as I patched to 1.4 and updated the nvidia drivers to latest beta and it worked ok. I don't notice any difference in play but I am only running 720p. I plan to play around with 1080p later.