PDA

View Full Version : Performance of Assassin's Creed: Unity (My Specs)

ALJ917
12-21-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/79207/SYSTEMS_GAMING/Techbuy/TBOS79207.asp

These are my computers' specs, I know they aren't minimum material. but it seems pointless in spending $200 on a new graphics card and other specs (Not a computer genius obviously, don't mind some constructive criticism) My PC works fine with Cod: Advanced Warfare and Rome II at high settings.
I play WoW on Ultra high sometimes, getting 35 fps.

But this is the first time i have owned an AC game on PC and the FPS is terrible. I can't even parry in combat because i cannot even see the movements to react fast enough.
In my own perspective, it is like drinking water in a car and every so often (every 4-5 seconds) you hit a pot hole and it splashes in your face.
Is this being fixed or improved?

I bought this comp on a budget and got a discount from a friend (cost me $800 in total) No changes to base specs offered on the website.
Right now i am playing on the lowest settings and i am struggling to play stealth as i randomly jump on top of chairs and tables. obviously giving away my position.

I was just curious if i should bother playing right now or waiting for an update or improvement for us lower end, dirt people. Can't imagine why ubisoft would praise high resolution settings when Watchdogs is a piece of horse **** in comparison to their other games.
Just sayin' watchdogs doesn't have nearly as many fans (true fans) as AC series, as if you would make it almost exclusive to higher end specs with such a large player base.

However i did get AC:Unity on Steam for $35 so i am not too fussed about it at all. And if it is possible and if someone is generous enough too advise the specs i should aim for that would be beneficial to future gaming endeavors. I am getting a PS4 for FC4 because i ain't going to ruin that series for myself.

Cheers have a lovely night!

jeffies04
12-21-2014, 11:53 PM
As far as Unity goes, your biggest problem is a 1GB graphics card. That's going to create a stuttery mess no matter what other hardware you have in there. Instead of being able to load up a sufficient amount of textures into VRAM to work with, it's constantly having to stream it in from the system RAM and hard disk. I don't think there's going to be any patch for you that's going to get you to satisfactory gameplay on that card.

If you can't upgrade now, you can always tuck the game away in your Steam library until you do get an upgrade. We've all been there at one point or another in PC gaming.

Edit: just to put it in perspective what the game's highest settings actually use... on ultra settings, my 3GB card was maxed out to the point of stuttering. I can't remember how much further it was going over, but enough that I was having stutter. Upgraded to a 4GB card, and don't have stutter, and it's still getting fairly close to maxing that out too (around 3.8). Even if you half that to take into account lower settings, it's still 1.5-2 GB.

hator000
12-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi.
UBI in setting the minimum recommended graphics card with 2GB of RAM.
I have GFX 750TI 2GB RAM. I reach on Medium settings, FXAA enabled, 1080p, high quality textures. With these settings, mine is about 30fps.
After patch 1.4 dropped to 25 fps.
Quickly clog up the RAM and the game slows down every time.
With this card game is playable but not at the max.

drop_toya
12-22-2014, 12:45 PM
i've seen people play with that card on 900p just fine, maybe you can try lowering your res ?