PDA

View Full Version : AC BrotherHood Install Issue

naumaan
12-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Anyone noticed, there is having an install issue with ac brotherhood these days, I had some problem with my Hard disk, it was undetectable so i had to buy new one

and now as I ve gone through ac unity download and install after about 20 days or so .. i tried downloading and installing other games which i already had ..

ac 2 was installed before .. so it works fine ..

ac brotherhood .. gives a crc error .. it do not install soundpack files .. french, german .. and even i tried to ignore these .. at sfx files .. it again crashed .. asking me to abort retry or ignore ..

I thought I left playing pirated games a while ago ... and i should not have these problems with original ..

so I made a ticket .. and I guess .. there are too many complaints related to ac unity already that no one have time to look into it ..

after that I did not try installing anything ... but I hope and I sincerely hope Ubi guys solve our problems soon enough

sneidlinger
12-21-2014, 04:55 PM
I have been having the EXACT same problem and it has been the same thing and the same run-around. I argue there is a problem with their FTP server, yet Ubisoft/Uplay neither confirms nor denies - it always ends up being a problem with "your" PC. I got news for them - it is NOT my PC. I first started having problems when I bought and attempted to download Revelations. The download speeds dropped to like 50kbps and I ended up pausing and then resuming the download to finally get it completed. Once done, there were files and errors all over the place which Ubisoft NEVER resolved so I went out and bought a hard-copy of the DVD. That fixed the problem.

Now - I cannot install Brotherhood like you say because of files not matching the setup's .cab files. Ubisoft has now ignored me for 3 days now and I am getting extremely p**sed with them. They are an absolute joke and need to get more qualified people in there.

I would like to assume you have tried to verify the files and then repair them? I have done that too - several times to no avail because when it verifies the files as being corrupt, it attempts to download them. Instead of downloading only the corrupt files, the installer cache dumps the entire downloaded setup file and re-downloads ALL of them! WTF is that?

D4ve83
01-05-2015, 02:57 AM
This issue doesn't only concern AC BrotherHood , but many games.
Look at all my posts on this forum to get an idea about it.
These last open thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/988615-As-many-others-CRC-error-corrupted-files-etc
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/985037-CRC-error-in-the-game-s-installation

Looking at the log file of Uplay (launcher_log.txt) I noticed errors during download, just after 2 hours of consecutive downloads.
Then I realized that by pausing the download before it gets to download for 2 hours straight, and immediately resume it, the files are not corrupt.

I opened a ticket but Ebus replied that it was the fault of my provider, somewhat ridiculous considering that with Steam, Origin, Torrent, HTTP, etc. I never problems of corrupt files.

I have this issue with all games that use the Uplay standard download method, that is:
AC2
AC Brotherhood
AC Revelations
AC3
Splinter Cell Blacklist

but not with Far Cry 3 (from a first attempt that I made), that use a custom download method.

I will ask the transfer of my Uplay library on Steam.

tomas.kelner
01-07-2015, 12:36 AM
Yea, same problem for me. Got response from support to try install it in save mode. Will try it tomorrow, but I dont think it will work. Becose files are allready coruped. I got hard copyes for almnout every AC game, but AC3..thats 15 Gb per try. And I allready try it like 6 times. Revolution did not work either, I have hard copy, but in my native langue and I prefere games in english, so i try it downoad..
I almoust buyed new RAM and disk.. I would never gues that it would be UBI fault, but now, when manny people have this problem, I gues it is...

Mang5
01-07-2015, 12:07 PM
I have been having the EXACT same problem and it has been the same thing and the same run-around. I argue there is a problem with their FTP server, yet Ubisoft/Uplay neither confirms nor denies - it always ends up being a problem with "your" PC. I got news for them - it is NOT my PC. I first started having problems when I bought and attempted to download Revelations. The download speeds dropped to like 50kbps and I ended up pausing and then resuming the download to finally get it completed. Once done, there were files and errors all over the place which Ubisoft NEVER resolved so I went out and bought a hard-copy of the DVD. That fixed the problem.

Now - I cannot install Brotherhood like you say because of files not matching the setup's .cab files. Ubisoft has now ignored me for 3 days now and I am getting extremely p**sed with them. They are an absolute joke and need to get more qualified people in there.

I would like to assume you have tried to verify the files and then repair them? I have done that too - several times to no avail because when it verifies the files as being corrupt, it attempts to download them. Instead of downloading only the corrupt files, the installer cache dumps the entire downloaded setup file and re-downloads ALL of them! WTF is that?

Hi guys. I got the same problem with exact the same games, just with assassin's creed. Did anyone fix the problem?