PDA

View Full Version : A story idea I had

Smithies89
12-21-2014, 03:35 AM
The time period doesn't matter too much just a general idea for a character arc I thought of, it's probably full of spelling and grammar mistakes. I didn't have much time let me know what you think.

There is 2 brothers one is about 10 years older and the younger one is the main character. When they are very young maybe about 3 and 13 they are orphaned with the older brother becoming the younger a protector stealing food to feed him and guarding him. They are eventually taken in by the brotherhood who raise them as assassins.

In the years that follow the war with the Templars escalates decimating both orders in the end with the assassins the eventual victors. The Templars have gone quiet and the assassins have also taken a bad hit. The older brother has risen to mentor with the player character now a fully trained assassins as one of the few remaining they begin work to rebuild the brotherhood.

Then a new threat emerges, not the Templars but another shadowy organisation with pieces of Eden, possibly lead by a Sage.

Later in the story the mentor is seemingly assassinated leaving the brotherhood looking to the player character to lead them but he is reluctant not believing he is as wise as his brother but seeing no other option he does. Over the next few years he begins to successfully rebuild the brotherhood and is loved by his brotherhood.
A few years later a lead takes him to the organisations lair where he does not find their leader but his brother who had really been held captive and frequently tortured, his death was an illusion by the piece of Eden.

The brother no longer capable of fighting due to the severity of his injuries decides the player character should stay mentor as he wishes to return to his wife and children.

In the end the sage is defeated and it is believed his organisation is too but like the Templars they simply go into hiding as they are the ones who worship Juno and believe she should rule.

Altair1789
12-21-2014, 03:47 AM
That would be an interesting game, definitely a nice refresher from our usual family vengeance plots

LoyalACFan
12-21-2014, 04:11 AM
I like the sibling angle, but it's still a little too close to the typical "dead family members = hero rising up to lead and take vengeance"

Smithies89
12-21-2014, 04:15 AM
That was kind of the point. You think it's turning into another dead sibling revenge plot but the twist is it isn't. I imagine at the heart of the story is the bond between these brothers in an almost father son way