PDA

View Full Version : Mouse and Keyboard not responding for lder titles

Spider_VL
12-21-2014, 03:32 AM
My Initiates does not recognize progress from few of my previous AC titles, so I though I will start them up and force synch by that.

Unfortunately neither AC3 or AC LIberation HD loads up to main menu and "pres any key" shows up, at this stage neither my mouse or keyboard responds.
I can still open Ubi with SHIFT+F2, I can close game with ALT+F4, I can do CRTL+ALT+DEL - yet the game itself is not reacting to any key.

Any fix for that????

YazX_
12-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Yes, you need to install DirextX, you will find it in "Support" Folder within game installation folder or Installer files.

Spider_VL
12-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Yes, you need to install DirextX, you will find it in "Support" Folder within game installation folder or Installer files.

That is very vague answer - I am playing FC4 a AC:U at same time with no problems, which I assume also use DirectX.

Still just to be sure I have followed your advice:
Drive:\AC3 game folder\Support\ Contains two folders: Readme and Manual both folders contains only text files.
Drive:\AC Revelations\Support - Exactly as above.

Funny one is Liberation HD which I can not locate the install folder :)

Anyway - Problem still exist - Any other advice?

Edit: forgot to mention about "installers" folder - this one is empty.

Spider_VL
12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
BUMP!? @Support @Ubisoft - can someone help on that?

YazX_
12-22-2014, 02:04 PM
That is very vague answer - I am playing FC4 a AC:U at same time with no problems, which I assume also use DirectX.

Still just to be sure I have followed your advice:
Drive:\AC3 game folder\Support\ Contains two folders: Readme and Manual both folders contains only text files.
Drive:\AC Revelations\Support - Exactly as above.

Funny one is Liberation HD which I can not locate the install folder :)

Anyway - Problem still exist - Any other advice?

Edit: forgot to mention about "installers" folder - this one is empty.

FC4 and ACU use DX11 assemblies for K/M hooks, older games rely on DX9 assemblies, thats why you need to install older DX. for AC3 you will find DX in support folder within installer files (like physical disc or when downloading from UPlay, it will download installer files to a defined location in settings then from that location it will run setup.exe to install the game to defined location in settings as well, if you have physical disc then browse for support folder there) not install location, if you have AC4, you will find DX inside support folder within installation folder.

or grab it from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

DONT FORGET TO RESTART WINDOWS AFTER INSTALLING DX 9.0

DaVinci1981
12-22-2014, 06:52 PM
I had the same problem multiple times.
After a reboot, everything was fine again.

Now I had the problem that every Assassins Creed except Unity won't start.
I ended some processes and services (EMET, DAODx from ASUS, some other ASUS, Logitech and Razer Software).
Now everything works as intended.

If the problem comes up again, I will watch at what point the game works as expected to know what exactly is responsible for the problem.