PDA

View Full Version : Tips for performance boost on AMD (asking for ,not having ones)

andreycvetov
12-21-2014, 03:16 AM
I would really appreciate if someone was to tell me some tips to boost my performance for AC:U .I have looked through these forums ,and alas nothing has proved successful ,but often I ,myself is the problem .I do hope you do not find this thread an act of procrastination by me . According to the official requirements I can not run Unity ,and if at this point someone sees fit not to help me because of that ,I will not feel that he has done any wrong . My specs are HD7870 , Intel Q6600 and 6 gb ddr2 ram . My framerate varies a lot ,from 10 to 30+ ,but I would be most happy to be able to set a stable framerate of 25-30 .This may very be impossible ,due to my pc parts or the optimization for ACU but trying won't hurt . The game lags every 5 seconds and the cloth and hair of NPC's goes up in the air and then falls .I get the random pop -ins but that for me is not a problem at all . I have downloaded the Omega drivers and have updated to patch 1.04 .Neither of those helps ,so I am hoping you guys will make my day somehow . Any little advice would suffice and be greatly appreciated . Thnaks in advance , and happy holidays :o

PREDATORS_RD
12-21-2014, 03:55 AM
Well i can help you with 5 seconds stuttering. I had that problem and after installing windows 8.1 instead of my previous windows 7 that problem was solved.
Improving your fps is more difficult, of course, i can imagine you play at 720p and everything LOW right? if not, you should do this; i know 720p is not good and playing LOW is not good either, but if you dont have the official requirements you cant do miracles... Windows 8.1 will really help you, trust me.

Edit: You can also try a game booster, but in my own experience, they are useless.

Bahjabroni
12-21-2014, 06:23 AM
I would really appreciate if someone was to tell me some tips to boost my performance for AC:U .I have looked through these forums ,and alas nothing has proved successful ,but often I ,myself is the problem .I do hope you do not find this thread an act of procrastination by me . According to the official requirements I can not run Unity ,and if at this point someone sees fit not to help me because of that ,I will not feel that he has done any wrong . My specs are HD7870 , Intel Q6600 and 6 gb ddr2 ram . My framerate varies a lot ,from 10 to 30+ ,but I would be most happy to be able to set a stable framerate of 25-30 .This may very be impossible ,due to my pc parts or the optimization for ACU but trying won't hurt . The game lags every 5 seconds and the cloth and hair of NPC's goes up in the air and then falls .I get the random pop -ins but that for me is not a problem at all . I have downloaded the Omega drivers and have updated to patch 1.04 .Neither of those helps ,so I am hoping you guys will make my day somehow . Any little advice would suffice and be greatly appreciated . Thnaks in advance , and happy holidays :o

Make sure your upgrade to Omega took. If you didnt remove your old drivers first and just installed them on top of the old ones there could be conflicts.

Really though, the Q6600 is probably whats holding you back the most. That was my old processor before I upgraded earlier this year b/c I kept running into walls technologically.