PDA

View Full Version : Loading times for SSD?

DeuceWTF
12-21-2014, 12:25 AM
I have just started speed running Trials Fusion. And was wondering if a 10 second load between tracks seems like a bit much for having an SSD. Never ran it without the SSD so I have nothing to compare to. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! Not sure how much faster I can get if I don't address the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Waistless
12-21-2014, 01:53 AM
I somewhat recently moved my Trials installation to my SSD (both evo and fusion) and I didn't really notice much difference, I get roughly 6-8 seconds load time for each track even on a Samsung 840 SSD (plugged into 6GB/s SATA).

One time I had to delete the My Documents/TrialsFusion/SavedGames/ folder because Track Central and the leaderboards had become unresponsive. So you could try backing up and deleting that folder and see how it goes (also make sure my documents is also on the SSD).

Also, Trials seems rather CPU intensive, so make sure all is good there.

DeuceWTF
12-21-2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks Waistless for the reply. i just wasnt sure, Im running the same SSD set up, just felt like it should be loading faster but I guess its about the proper amount time. I will make sure all folder are in the proper place. Thank you very much for the info.