PDA

View Full Version : ACU 1.4 - after patch - game is dead

fotoanarchia
12-21-2014, 12:10 AM
As topic, game i crashing right after i i press "play".
any advices?

is there any possiblity to get back money from ubisoft?

my pc:
i7 4790K
GTX 970
16GB Ram
Win 8.1 at SSD

psychic717
12-21-2014, 12:56 AM
You need to delete the folder "Assassin's Creed Unity" located inside "Documents".
Doing this fixed the crash issue for the people who were having it.

P.S.: If you searched for your issue before creating this thread, you would find this answer ;)

TheMoon7x
12-21-2014, 01:21 AM
having the same problem, deleting "assassin's creed unity" folder in "documents" did not resolve the issue. uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing....set acu.exe to "run as administrator" did not help. it is as if the game will not complete the first-time installation/run process, it shows vc redistributable 2/2, then something about checking cloud saves, then a very quick icon pops up and then it all stops.

the .ini file in the documents\assassins creed unity folder shows nothing after monitordesc=, and zeros after displaywidth and displayheight.

psychic717
12-21-2014, 01:40 AM
having the same problem, deleting "assassin's creed unity" folder in "documents" did not resolve the issue. uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing....set acu.exe to "run as administrator" did not help. it is as if the game will not complete the first-time installation/run process, it shows vc redistributable 2/2, then something about checking cloud saves, then a very quick icon pops up and then it all stops.

the .ini file in the documents\assassins creed unity folder shows nothing after monitordesc=, and zeros after displaywidth and displayheight.

I saw people on steam forums with this crash after the last patch and deleting the folder fixed it for them...
Make sure you have the latest nvidia drivers (347.09) and try putting your resolution values on DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight (1920 and 1080 for a 1080p monitor), just in case.
If you guys still can't play after this, then contact support.

fotoanarchia
12-21-2014, 02:18 AM
i fix it! just download beta driver for my nvidia card

TheMoon7x
12-22-2014, 12:53 AM
I saw people on steam forums with this crash after the last patch and deleting the folder fixed it for them...
Make sure you have the latest nvidia drivers (347.09) and try putting your resolution values on DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight (1920 and 1080 for a 1080p monitor), just in case.
If you guys still can't play after this, then contact support.

thanks 4 the reply psychic, i ended up reinstalling windows today due to corrupted windows files found using the sfc /scannow command. there was also a .cab file corrupted in directx, and an issue with windows handling digitally signed files. everything is hunky dory now!

elicu150
12-22-2014, 01:51 AM
glad you got your problems fixed, it actually happened to me twice and i own a gtx 970. if this happens again, try to go to AC unity then verify game files - worked for me.

ETSubmariner
12-22-2014, 04:01 AM
After having been the subject of much Unity APP problems, like progress resetting and such, I wondered today if maybe the problem lies entirely with using a saved game with Patch 4. I had almost completed the game in any case, and wanted to replay from the beginning. So, using the Support Page about restarting the game (deleting the 720 folder, etc), I did that and also stopped the cloud sync of my saved games.

This seems to have solved my problem. I no longer have the Press Any Key problem, and all of my graphics menu choices stick on ultra high as I asked it to; with my prior saved game, the game would NOT take my chosen settings.

It might be that using an old game with Patch 4 isn't going to work.

USAdystopia
12-22-2014, 06:23 AM
Nice to see players are becoming "PC gamers".

CAMS1303
12-22-2014, 08:06 AM
You need to delete the folder "Assassin's Creed Unity" located inside "Documents".
Doing this fixed the crash issue for the people who were having it.
P.S.: If you searched for your issue before creating this thread, you would find this answer ;)

Yes, I found that as my solution as well, what I didn't find is I now have to do it every time I start the game.
I also have change the setting (lower the resolution back to 1920x1080 otherwise it will default back to my monitors 2560x1440 every time I start the game, I had no issues before Path 4.