PDA

View Full Version : TellTale AC?

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 10:13 PM
I really love telltale and its episodic game series. proving that gamers love story in a game as much as gameplay, or even more at times. one time I got a friend of mine who normally doesn't care for the story in a game to play the walking dead. he really liked and now plays it every once in awhile over my house. I love to watch my family and friends play and see the different choices they make. ( no one saved Doug)..........

would you guys like a telltale AC. it would be cool to switch from the present day character to the modern day character and run two coherent storylines. would get more people into MD and I think it would be fun just to play around with the story for AC.

I-Like-Pie45
12-20-2014, 10:16 PM
I don't know how well Telltale's whole new gimmick of "choices" will mesh with the historical aspect

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 10:16 PM
That would work well for a templar game.

Templars all about making risky decisions.

But only if it starred Shay. ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

deskpe
12-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Blech telltale, needs to update its graphics and animation severely.

On top of that nah, adventure games are annoying

rrebe
12-20-2014, 10:20 PM
For a modern day side story or something I think it'd be a cool idea

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah wait nevermind pie is right.

it would have to be modern day

otherwise choices wouldn't work with the synchronization aspect

Hans684
12-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Yes but for MD, choices there would make more sense than having choices in an event that already happened X years ago.

wickywoowoo
12-20-2014, 10:48 PM
I think Ubisoft would prefer to go the "Chronicles" way if they wanted more short bite games. They have their own Ubi Art system that they can use for this stuff if they wanted to.

AssassinHMS
12-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Well, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the real games I wouldn’t mind its existence.
Then again, they could do that in short animated films instead, which would save people the trouble of paying for interactive cutscenes.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Oh yeah wait nevermind pie is right.

it would have to be modern day

otherwise choices wouldn't work with the synchronization aspect
they could say that your using helix so you feel like you are the one making the decisions when really the character in the past is the one really making the decision.

SixKeys
12-21-2014, 04:21 AM
It will never happen because Ubi would be afraid Telltale would be better at writing their stories than the main games.

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 04:25 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

The storytelling would be top notch. :cool:

D.I.D.
12-21-2014, 05:06 AM
No. They need to stop making so many, and give me The Wolf Among Us Season Two.

Shahkulu101
12-21-2014, 08:32 PM
It will never happen because Ubi would be afraid Telltale would be better at writing their stories than the main games.

Telltale write entirely different games though. A game like AC is a different beast compared to what it is basically a TV program with QTE's - not that I'm knocking it and claiming they're 'not games', they are games and I love them, but I'd like to see how a Telltale writer would handle a AAA open-world action/adventure game and provide the same depth that The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us have.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Telltale write entirely different games though. A game like AC is a different beast compared to what it is basically a TV program with QTE's - not that I'm knocking it and claiming they're 'not games', they are games and I love them, but I'd like to see how a Telltale writer would handle a AAA open-world action/adventure game and provide the same depth that The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us have.

they just did it with borderlands too.....;)

SixKeys
12-24-2014, 12:20 AM

I wonder if that would be even possible. Telltale's budget is obviously very limited, which is probably why they make the types of games they do. But even if they had the opportunity to go the open world route, would that potentially ruin whatever makes their stories so special? Their writing is so great because of the small scope and intimate character interaction. As soon as you introduce an open world, you have to fill it up with content which takes the focus away from those characters and their interactions.

SlyTrooper
12-24-2014, 01:09 AM
I actually wouldn't mind this. Ubi aren't as good at telling stories.

Shahkulu101
12-25-2014, 01:50 AM
I wonder if that would be even possible. Telltale's budget is obviously very limited, which is probably why they make the types of games they do. But even if they had the opportunity to go the open world route, would that potentially ruin whatever makes their stories so special? Their writing is so great because of the small scope and intimate character interaction. As soon as you introduce an open world, you have to fill it up with content which takes the focus away from those characters and their interactions.

What I meant was, it's an unfair comparison. We don't know how good the AC writers would be if they used the Telltale format, because the structure of their stories is so different, you can't really say Tellatale are better.

Although, they probably are - but I reckon Darby could make a good interactive movie.