PDA

View Full Version : Question about game play

faceofear
12-20-2014, 08:46 PM
This is a serious question about game play of Assassin's Creed series. Please answer the question.
I love the concept and story of the first 2 games and am considering buying the third. Here is my problem:
I hate Third Person Games!!! I am a PC gamer and I hate the lack of control I feel with a third person camera. Nothing is more frustrating then running along a roof top and the camera suddenly moving and the character turns ninety degrees and runs off the roof or the camera positions itself behind a tree and now I can't see the guys I am fighting.
My question is:
Is the game play in Assassin's Creed 3 any better or should I not risk the possible stroke from an elevated blood pressure?

Lignjoslav
12-20-2014, 09:12 PM
All of the games are third person and camera isn't perfect in any of them, but it's no worse than in any other game with 3rd person view.

BTW, there are two games between AC II and AC III, those are Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

faceofear
12-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks, gonna try Brotherhood. I quit playing 2 when I first got it but I gave it another shot this month and I am almost done. The missions with running and chasing really drove me nuts but I just skipped any side missions after third attempt if camera was issue, and took breaks during story missions. Some inconsistencies frustrated me like when Ezio suddenly forgot how to fight and got the crap beat out of him after killing 10 guys just before, but that may have been a buffer or computer issue. Also got sick of the minstrels and guys carrying stuff. Sorry, just venting frustration.

medavroog
12-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Shall you not be a big on following the storyline by playing each title, I suggest you skip those in the middle and jump to Assassin's Creed: Unity because as the latest title its graphic and parkour are much better than the old titles ... albeit, requires higher-end gears on the player's side. Also, the combat system changed somewhat ... by skipping the older titles will let you not forced to relearn​ the combat system.

Lignjoslav
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Warning about Unity: don't play it unless you have a very decent PC. That means something like an Intel i5, 8GB RAM and a recent Nvidia card, or an AMD cards such as 7900 series, 270X or better.

Other than that, Paris in Unity is beautiful and very alive. Parkour isn't so much different, you've got additional keys to "freerun up" and "freerun down" and that's it. It isn't too accurate and Arno keeps finding small object to climb onto (and sometimes has a hard time getting off them). The combat is slightly tweaked in every title, in Unity not much more than in the previous games.

Brotherhood is not much different compared to AC II as far as gameplay goes, so you're likely to re-encounter some of the things that pi**ed you off in AC II. Still, IMO, it's a little bit more polished in almost every aspect. You get some new combat options such as the crossbow, killstreaks, which make it easy to dispatch larger groups of enemies, and you recruit assassins (NPCs) to your brotherhood which can aid you in combat (and they look great while doing that). Also, there are some cool side missions, such as a set of missions with Leonardo da Vinci's legendary war machines. It's just a pity that multiplayer has died out, because AC:B had such beautiful maps and personas (player and NPC skins).

ShootRawGuy
12-21-2014, 06:26 PM
This is a serious question about game play of Assassin's Creed series. Please answer the question.
I love the concept and story of the first 2 games and am considering buying the third. Here is my problem:
I hate Third Person Games!!! I am a PC gamer and I hate the lack of control I feel with a third person camera. Nothing is more frustrating then running along a roof top and the camera suddenly moving and the character turns ninety degrees and runs off the roof or the camera positions itself behind a tree and now I can't see the guys I am fighting.
My question is:
Is the game play in Assassin's Creed 3 any better or should I not risk the possible stroke from an elevated blood pressure?

Thanks, gonna try Brotherhood. I quit playing 2 when I first got it but I gave it another shot this month and I am almost done. The missions with running and chasing really drove me nuts but I just skipped any side missions after third attempt if camera was issue, and took breaks during story missions. Some inconsistencies frustrated me like when Ezio suddenly forgot how to fight and got the crap beat out of him after killing 10 guys just before, but that may have been a buffer or computer issue. Also got sick of the minstrels and guys carrying stuff. Sorry, just venting frustration.

I would say this game is not for you. I think it's a great game. I love the story in AC, AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelation and AC III, the artifact from Eden. AC III and AC Black Flag introduced us to the naval combats which is great (best new feature in the series). AC Unity has alot of potential and alot of new stuff. Paris looks stunning. Amazing graphics. I would say you have to love the story. Alot of my friends is not AC fans, and was disappointed in the competative modes. They are FPS players.