PDA

View Full Version : Quality of games?

faceofear
12-20-2014, 08:31 PM
This is a serious question about game play of Assassin's Creed series. Please answer the question.
I love the concept and story of the first 2 games and am considering buying the third. Here is my problem:
I hate Third Person Games!!! I am a PC gamer and I hate the lack of control I feel with a third person camera. Nothing is more frustrating then running along a roof top and the camera suddenly moving and the character turns ninety degrees and runs off the roof or the camera positions itself behind a tree and now I can't see the guys I am fighting.
My question is:
Is the game play in Assassin's Creed 3 any better or should I not risk the possible stroke from an elevated blood pressure?

JamesFaith007
12-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Hard to say.

I'm PC player too and strictly keyboard/mouse one, I didn't use any gamepad since joystick on my Atari 20 years ago - and I hadn't such problems with AC3.

But on other hand this is very subjective.

SixKeys
12-21-2014, 04:20 AM
If you thought the controls in the first two games were frustrating, you will find AC3 a nightmare. The control scheme in AC3 is much less imprecise than in the first ones (and sadly has remained so even in the most recent game). I'm used to it by now, but if you hate third-person gameplay in general, I doubt you'll have a good time.

D.I.D.
12-21-2014, 05:05 AM
If this is because of a mouse, I strongly urge you to get an XBox controller for your PC. It takes a little bit of getting used to, but after that it's the best control system for most types of games. Also, you miss out on some of the flow of movement without the analogue stick taking you through standing > slow walk > walk > jog, or the nicer changes in direction.

I have played all of the Altiar and Ezio series with a mouse and keys, and it's perfectly doable. XBox controller, though. Avoiding third-person-view games means missing out on many of the best games out there.

Altair1789
12-21-2014, 05:18 AM
I found AC3 very fun and entertaining, so I'd recommend it, but I've always loved third person games so I don't know if disliking third person games/ using KB+mouse will ruin the experience very much. I'd recommend plugging in an Xbox controller if you have one