PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone honestly find Aveline their favorite?

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't think I have heard of anyone who argues over aveline (or adewale) being their favorite assassin. any thoughts. do you actually like aveline best?

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 08:03 PM
She's not my favorite but she's awesome, I like her a lot. It's not her fault either. She way relegated to a handheld game which not many people bothered to play the remaster of.
This is like Vince McMahon saying Cesaro has no charisma. Well, you SOB, you haven't given him a chance to display any.

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 08:10 PM
I like her character design.

She doesn't have much to offer in terms of character though.

I like Adewale. He's pretty cool.

But meh.

They're not my favs.

Altair/ToKW Connor/Young Ezio/Haytham/Shay for me.

D.I.D.
12-20-2014, 08:40 PM
They're both very high up for me, because their motivations and routes through their stories were more interesting. Liberation's story isn't that good, but Aveline's own personal history is good. I think Aveline had the best family-related set-up, because it wasn't a simple family, and it was a different kind of "lost parent" in her story (three times, you might say). I liked it that there was a man romantically interested in her, but she didn't end up having romantic feelings for him, which is perhaps the only time we'll ever see that in this series. Adéwalé was a very solid, believable character - more likeable and smarter than Edward, and less consciously superhero-ish than any other protagonist in the series. His personal reasons for seeing his story through were sufficiently large scale, and didn't need dressing up to be "epic".

Given better script and Unity's new expression technology, either one of them could have topped the list.

king-hailz
12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Still never played it.... maybe I should...... However I loved adewale, not enough for him to be my favorite but I loved freedom cry. I think it's one of the best stories in AC!

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Honestly, I didn't find Aveline terrible at all. It was just the game I didn't like at all, not her. I liked that she had a cool and confident personality. Her mentor was a real ******, though.

Shahkulu101
12-20-2014, 08:56 PM
Not played Liberation, planning on buying tonight actually -- 4 quid in the steam sale if anyone's interested.

Adewale I quite like. He was a good man, but believable as he had a human element to him -- the scene with the Governor at the end of Freedom Cry where he essentially tortures him, made his character more authentic because it's not really the 'right thing to do' but Adewale was so full of pain and sorrow at the plight of his brothers that he just had to release the anger. That was my favourite moment with Ade.

Hans684
12-20-2014, 09:06 PM
I like her, she's a strong character but her game is to short to let it reach it's full potential or her character, she's mostly the same. Another game could solve that but I'd father have another Shay game. She is far far more interesting than Connor but Connor's story is better, it's grayer and more my style. No black and white. It didn't reach it's full potential because it's originally a Vita game, it could have been so much more but It didn't have the same amount of resources as AC3.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 09:10 PM
She's not my favorite but she's awesome, I like her a lot. It's not her fault either. She way relegated to a handheld game which not many people bothered to play the remaster of.
This is like Vince McMahon saying Cesaro has no charisma. Well, you SOB, you haven't given him a chance to display any.

feel very similar. she just wasn't fleshed out enough.

wickywoowoo
12-20-2014, 09:13 PM

I agree - about Aveline and Cesaro. McMahon is out of touch.

I like Aveline, don't love her but I enjoyed the different style of character. She seems to have suffered from the hangover of "oh noes, it is not Ezio" where she, Connor (don't start the flame war) and possibly Shay just to name a few are lost without a real end because it isn't Ezio and he was super duper and all that.

My two hopes for AC in the future at a game set back at the first civ/one with a big emphasis on the modern day story (not set in modern day) and a game/DLC that winds up the stories for those victims of the Cult of Ezio.

ze_topazio
12-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Not played Liberation, planning on buying tonight actually -- 4 quid in the steam sale if anyone's interested.

Adewale I quite like. He was a good man, but believable as he had a human element to him -- the scene with the Governor at the end of Freedom Cry where he essentially tortures him, made his character more authentic because it's not really the 'right thing to do' but Adewale was so full of pain and sorrow at the plight of his brothers that he just had to release the anger. That was my favourite moment with Ade.

Adéwalé is a good example of how you can respectfully make a character from an oppressed minority with a tough past without having to make him the epitome of boredom.

Shahkulu101
12-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Adéwalé is a good example of how you can respectfully make a character from an oppressed minority with a tough past without having to make him the epitome of boredom.

So is Connor. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:42 PM
I don't mind her...but she certainly isn't my favorite.

But I guess that has to do with the crappy gameplay and story they gave her.

Overall, I like her better than Arno, so there's something.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
I don't mind her...but she certainly isn't my favorite.

But I guess that has to do with the crappy gameplay and story they gave her.

Overall, I like her better than Arno, so there's something.

lol. liked that her parents were still present.

Is AC Unity that bad. I am hearing so many bad things. my hype is draining.............

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:48 PM
lol. liked that her parents were still present.

Is AC Unity that bad. I am hearing so many bad things. my hype is draining.............

Yeah, I personally didn't like Arno at all...he bored me.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I personally didn't like Arno at all...he bored me.

how is co-op?

Hans684
12-20-2014, 09:54 PM
how is co-op?

Fun do to alone, it's more intense and challenging. Like the mission The Tournament, it's my favorite.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:58 PM
how is co-op?

Broken as hell is what I hear...

Though it's fun with friends when it's working.

Kaschra
12-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Aveline is not my favourite protagonist, but I really really like her :)
Ade is alright, but for some reason I don't particulary care for him.

Hans684
12-20-2014, 10:09 PM
I like him, he's a living symbol of the creed. Until his support of Achilles brotherhood, I didn't want to kill him but he wast as pure as before.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 10:14 PM
I like him, he's a living symbol of the creed. Until his support of Achilles brotherhood, I didn't want to kill him but he wast as pure as before.

Of course he wasn't pure, he basically supported the indirect destruction of two cities.

Even look at his smile after he talks about Achilles and his plan.

Hans684
12-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Of course he wasn't pure, he basically supported the indirect destruction of two cities.

Even look at his smile after he talks about Achilles and his plan.

I honestly don't understand how he can support that, Freedom Cry is him trying to fix a broken city.

They should be lucky the plan lead them to an Arctic Temple and not under another city. But his blind following of the creed corrupted him, I almost laughed when he called Shay a monster for doing what the Assassins have done since they was founded.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 10:26 PM
I honestly don't understand how he can support that, Freedom Cry is him trying to fix a broken city.

They should be lucky the plan lead them to an Arctic Temple and not under another city. But his blind following of the creed corrupted him, I almost laughed when he called Shay a monster for doing what the Assassins have done since they was founded.

Sadly Ade became Corrupt and was thankfully put down....... should we make a appreciation thread celebrating his end and life?

ze_topazio
12-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Adéwalé and Achilles didn't knew, they thought the earthquake in Port-au-prince was unrelated, the guy sent to open the temple there never returned, only after Shay surviving the earthquake in Lisbon did they discover that opening those temples caused earthquakes, although apparently they didn't really believed him, truth to be told Shay didn't explain things properly, he just screamed a lot and then run away.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 10:32 PM

Agreed. He would've called Shay a "Hero" if it was the other way around. :rolleyes:

Hans684
12-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Sadly Ade became Corrupt and was thankfully put down....... should we make a appreciation thread celebrating his end and life?

Indeed.

Yes, critic against Assassins is rear and he was a symbol. It would be an interesting discussion.

Agreed. He would've called Shay a "Hero" if it was the other way around. :rolleyes:

Because only Assassins can be "Heroes" :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Adéwalé and Achilles didn't knew, they thought the earthquake in Port-au-prince was unrelated, the guy sent to open the temple there never returned, only after Shay surviving the earthquake in Lisbon did they discover that opening those temples caused earthquakes, although apparently they didn't really believed him, truth to be told Shay didn't explain things properly, he just screamed a lot and then run away.

True, however Achilles had the perfect opportunity to sit down and talk with Shay when he was about to take the Manuscript.

Instead of doing that and resolving the conflict altogether, Achilles blatantly accuses Shay of betrayal, talks about responsibility, and throws Shay into a window. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 10:47 PM
I wouldnt say she's my favorite, but she's alright.

It's just her talking in ACLiberation that I can't get over X_X

Needs to be polished a bit then I can like her more.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 11:14 PM
True, however Achilles had the perfect opportunity to sit down and talk with Shay when he was about to take the Manuscript.

Instead of doing that and resolving the conflict altogether, Achilles blatantly accuses Shay of betrayal, talks about responsibility, and throws Shay into a window. :rolleyes:

Achilles was pretty bad when he was younger...

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Achilles was pretty bad when he was younger...

Connor learned from the best. :rolleyes:

UniteUnderPower
12-21-2014, 03:20 AM
I'd like to see her and the rest of the characters that were ignored after appearing in one form of media get some kind of dlc or mission closing their story in the upcoming games. Kind of like the memories that were put on display at the beginning of Unity that everyone got excited about (and then let down).

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-21-2014, 03:36 AM
no