PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who bought ACU until now should get a free game

jishuteki
12-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Event to those who got 15$ credit in december!

I know we all get free dlc, but today 343 industries annouced that those wou bought and played halo mcc would get 1month of gold + halo odst campaign remastered + new halo 2 multiplayer maps. And gamers received it very positively, and they considered 343 apologies accepted.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2pulul/halo_3_odst_coming_to_halo_the_master_chief/

Now, if ubisoft offered a free game to everyone who purchased the game until now, i think its image as a gaming company would only be better, and everyone would forget about the problems of unity and think how great a company Ubisoft is.

Rafe Harwood
12-20-2014, 05:57 PM
*checks behind plant pots for the 'petition'*

jishuteki
12-20-2014, 06:28 PM
*checks behind plant pots for the 'petition'*

Why not consider this thread as a petition? ;-) anyone who agrrees, please post!

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Why not consider this thread as a petition? ;-) anyone who agrrees, please post!

to be fair the whole free game thing was only brought up to give the people who bought the season pass something to replace the free dlc ubi gave us.....

JoeyBeanz78
12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
so much entitlement...

Cruelstoner
12-20-2014, 08:37 PM
to be fair the whole free game thing was only brought up to give the people who bought the season pass something to replace the free dlc ubi gave us.....

When I bought the Ac Unity bundle I thought I was getting 2 free WORKING games with it. No were on the box did it say that unity wasn't a working game that would be going through multiple patches and still not be working properly. So far I have spent more time downloading Unity then actually playing on my brand new xbox one. Who wants to play any other game online when your using most your bandwidth for 2 weeks downloading another game. The first time I downloaded the game I did not come here and complain about it. Having to download the whole 47 gigs over again IS. Ya you guys are getting a free game to replace your dlc that isn't even out yet. That is really great, but what is those of us that actually bought the game and still can't play it supposed to get? So far getting a xbox one has been the biggest headache I have had in my gaming history since 2000. I am at the point I don't care if they give me a free game or not I just want what I bought. A free dlc that isn't out and no eta for a game I cannot even play is not helping my heart ache that's for sure.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 09:12 PM
When I bought the Ac Unity bundle I thought I was getting 2 free WORKING games with it. No were on the box did it say that unity wasn't a working game that would be going through multiple patches and still not be working properly. So far I have spent more time downloading Unity then actually playing on my brand new xbox one. Who wants to play any other game online when your using most your bandwidth for 2 weeks downloading another game. The first time I downloaded the game I did not come here and complain about it. Having to download the whole 47 gigs over again IS. Ya you guys are getting a free game to replace your dlc that isn't even out yet. That is really great, but what is those of us that actually bought the game and still can't play it supposed to get? So far getting a xbox one has been the biggest headache I have had in my gaming history since 2000. I am at the point I don't care if they give me a free game or not I just want what I bought. A free dlc that isn't out and no eta for a game I cannot even play is not helping my heart ache that's for sure.

then..........Trade the game in and get something you want?

AdamPearce
12-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Even if Ubisoft would offer me a free game I would refuse since everything they pulled out recently is either cheap, or broken.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Even if Ubisoft would offer me a free game I would refuse since everything they pulled out recently is either cheap, or broken.

aren't you fancy. I would ask for far cry 4

SlyTrooper
12-20-2014, 11:41 PM
No. You aren't entitled to another game just because it didn't meet your expectations. The game may have been buggy, but it was playable. As long as it is playable, Ubi don't legally have to give you anything.

jishuteki
12-20-2014, 11:51 PM

I know how you feel man. This year I bought watch dogs and far cry 4 on ps3 and bought an xbox one bundle for unity. I was not going to get a next gen system before next year, but the xbox one bundle was too good to resist. There is no way I am going to download the whole game again just to make it work barely better. If they offer us a free game, to all of us who paid for an unfinished game, I think they could make up for all this fiasco. And just offer two games to those who paid for the season pass. Otherwise, we should consider boycotting future ubisoft games.

SixKeys
12-21-2014, 04:01 AM
I didn't like ACR or AC3. I should get 2 free games! :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 04:14 AM
I didn't like Unity.

Can I get a free demo of Victory? :rolleyes:

SixKeys
12-21-2014, 04:16 AM
I didn't like Unity.

Can I get a free demo of Victory? :rolleyes:

And an all-expenses paid VIP pass to next year's E3, on Ubi's dollar.

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 04:18 AM
And an all-expenses paid VIP pass to next year's E3, on Ubi's dollar.

On a Jet. :cool:

jishuteki
12-21-2014, 05:17 AM
I didn't like ACR or AC3. I should get 2 free games! :rolleyes:

Well... it's not really about not liking Unity, it is about a game not working as intended. Otherwise it is a great game in my opinion. Halo MCC multiplayer did not work as it should have, and 343 gave everyone a free game and more. Just trying to make ubisoft take note on how to improve its image.

D.I.D.
12-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Well... it's not really about not liking Unity, it is about a game not working as intended. Otherwise it is a great game in my opinion. Halo MCC multiplayer did not work as it should have, and 343 gave everyone a free game and more. Just trying to make ubisoft take note on how to improve its image.

ACIII's DLC was the 3-part Tyranny of King Washington, which was as long as many games. The same thing happened for ACIV's Freedom Cry, which was not only a game's worth of content but was also subsequently released as a standalone title.

Dead Kings may well be the same level of weight, although it's hard to guess given that China Chronicles is also part of the season pass. I do think it would be a good idea for Ubisoft to give us more details about Dead Kings, just to say whether it's as big an add-on as I hope it is. It might put your complaints to rest.

Oh, who am I kidding. You'll still want your free game, won't you?

SolidSage
12-21-2014, 06:44 AM
I think they should give you a free lobotomy.

OpticSpecs
12-21-2014, 02:17 PM
Now, if ubisoft offered a free game to everyone who purchased the game until now, i think its image as a gaming company would only be better, and everyone would forget about the problems of unity and think how great a company Ubisoft is.

That is just stupid. Up until now, are you kidding. People who bought the game up until now have had already enough warning about the game. The people who should be getting the free game are the ones who bought the game the first week it came out. A free game is still to much. Have you even seen what they are giving the season pass owners ($80 games) thats generous.

jishuteki
12-21-2014, 08:17 PM
ACIII's DLC was the 3-part Tyranny of King Washington, which was as long as many games. The same thing happened for ACIV's Freedom Cry, which was not only a game's worth of content but was also subsequently released as a standalone title.

Dead Kings may well be the same level of weight, although it's hard to guess given that China Chronicles is also part of the season pass. I do think it would be a good idea for Ubisoft to give us more details about Dead Kings, just to say whether it's as big an add-on as I hope it is. It might put your complaints to rest.

Oh, who am I kidding. You'll still want your free game, won't you?

You have a good point here mate... But they should have at least given all the dlcs from the seson pass to anyone who bought the game. As you said, ubi needs to show us what the dead kings dlc is. If it is just a collection of new outfits, and some simple new missions, I dont think anyone's comolaints will be put to rest. If it is as freedom cry, then it could help ubi being forgiven.

Cruelstoner
12-21-2014, 10:01 PM
It would be nice to just be able to play the game I paid for. Had a lot of time on my hands this past week to read through these forums since i haven't been able to play since the patch rolled out (Still at 81%) , and there is quite a few people been posting that can't still do multiplayer maps with their friends. I hope after a week of downloading the game (again) that it isn't as buggy as it was in patch 3. As I said before a free dlc or a free game is not enough to make up for this. All most of us want is a working game.Not even going to go into all the issues they have had with the companion app and Initiates.

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Can I also get a free KH3 when it comes out in 2065? :rolleyes:

Rafe Harwood
12-21-2014, 10:48 PM
I wonder what happens to those of us who bought the game after the season pass was withdrawn and the free game thing was indicated, but weeks before this post, yet still don't have a machine to play the darn thing on yet.

No, I'm not happy that I don't have a machine, but that has notihng to do with UBI, that's down to people irl letting me down and peeving me off!