PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed Story Future Franchise Predictions (SPOILERS)

Exodusith
12-20-2014, 02:30 PM
- snip

aL_____eX
12-20-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm reading through your post right now, but all I can say at this point is: Forget about everything you mentioned. There is no such thing like a plan on how to bring all these things together. For me Ubisoft left their way to mix a modern day and historical setting which actually infuence each other with the release of Black Flag.

Everything I always loved about the series seems to be gone...

Juno

Still trapped within “The Grey”, Juno again appears in both Rogue and Unity. This time she has started to preach about forcing humanity into the grey with her, and trying to realise the singularity by adding to her knowledge and genetic memories via the Animus. She seeks to find The Twelve, which are presumably artifacts – or perhaps even blood vials of her long dead friends. Bringing back Aita is likely on her list as well.

There are several ways her plans could play out;

She could corrupt the digital version of the First Civilisation world, and rule from within the digital space – placing Animus users in genuine jeopardy.
She could manipulate the Templars (or her Instruments) to complete and recreate the First Civilisation DNA, allowing them to clone her a new body. Perhaps from a blood vial.
She could possess the body of an individual with a high concentration of First Civilisation DNA.

What is also interesting is that she mentions that those who come to the grey cannot leave, specifically name dropping Clay and Desmond – suggesting both have survived, at least mentally.

But who could stop her now?

Eve Will Lead Us

We know that Eve lead the first human rebellion, back in the time of the First Civilisation. Her name was banded about several times in previous games, even so far as being told to find her.

“Only she, remains to be found.”
“In Eden. Find Eve.”
“Eve will lead us.”

With the Animus able to go back that far, one must therefore be able to finally reach Eden. Players may be able to finally come face to face with the great leader, who may be able to assist in finding artifacts or solutions to the battle with Juno.

The easiest way to find Eve would be to find her modern day descendant...

This... Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen. In my opinion the 'whole' thing about AC is dead. From now on it's gonna be every game for itself with little hints and goodies for longtime fans. That's what Ubi already said.

And the same goes for Galina. I still remember when she was introduced via Surveillance Report on Initiates. And all the mysterious stuff at the Assassin laboratory, all the cool things that were revealed every day. And for what? Well, she was mentioned in Rogue's MD part. WOW!

RA503
12-20-2014, 03:30 PM
The ankh not necessary means only egypt, otso berg said that its lost in europe,and reserching about the hermetic order of golden down in victorian london you discover that the ankh is used in some of its rituals(in real life).

Rodin4
12-20-2014, 04:13 PM
All good ideas with loads of potential but on whether or not they can happen, I guess we have to take a leap of faith:cool:

Exodusith
12-21-2014, 10:13 PM
All good ideas with loads of potential but on whether or not they can happen, I guess we have to take a leap of faith:cool:

I see what you did there. ;)

As for Juno and Eve "not happening"... why would they even bother to add to the mythos at all this year, if they never planned to add to it? Sorry, I don't buy it. Especially when they even paid out for the Juno actress to do new dialogue in both Rogue and Unity.

alekiratu
12-22-2014, 01:42 PM
China – Ubisoft has recently started to soften towards the potential of an asian sequel. Whilst Japan is still a popular choice, China has probably been less covered by mainstream games and likely has the larger potential for creativity on Ubisoft's side. We also have the Chronicles downloadable game coming with Shao Jun, which may be setting up the story for future entries in this region.

I think you're forgetting something when you talk about an Asian sequel: India is even less mainstream then China and Alex Hutchinson has already expressed an interest in it (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/feudal-japan-assassins-creed-might-feel-too-famili/1100-6423254/). Setting another game in China after chronicles will ruin that new setting feeling that AC depends on. Also AC: Brahman revealed the Koh-I-Noor, a powerful POE that has a chance of appearing in AC Victory.

Eve Will Lead Us

Considering this, the India theory is strengthened since only women can use the Koh-I-Noor.

Cornik22
12-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Whilst we do not know the exact timeframe as yet, we do know it must be after 1837 as that is when Queen Victoria began her reign.

This is all speculation, but it will more than likely be set between the 1880's and 1900's, considering the overall look of the city and clothing in the gameplay footage, the fact that the demo features Charing Cross railway Station (opened in 1864), Jack the Ripper will probably appear in some form (his murders took place between 1888 and 1891), there will probably be references to Sherlock Homes (published between 1880 and 1914), Queen Victoria died in 1901 (ending the victorian era), the second industrial revolution (1860's to 1910's) could offer a lot more in terms of gadgets, ...

RinoTheBouncer
12-22-2014, 09:46 PM
I really love everything written in the OP. Thank you. I really wish that the games get as awesome as this thread suggests.

Hans684
12-22-2014, 09:59 PM
I predict another Unity case, a waste. If that is the case, then Patrice's game might become my new favorite series and AC would be played for mindless fun. A story is what I need, Unity is the worst example of a story. We didn't even need to relive his memories. Don't hire Amancio again, he's given the gameplay we need and that is enough. Now fix the story. Normally things get passed on if it's a wall o' text but Unity's problems is obvious(*looks at mods for hope that's it's passed on*). I'd don't like black and white stories but Unity is is far worse than AC2 or ACB and those are black and white stories. But unlike Unity, Ezio was important, reliving his life did something. The game itself never said that we never needed to relive his memories.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/536941b2cc4927a64e804e03ac5e3914/tumblr_n32b3xzdKT1stvmp7o1_500.gif

Namikaze_17
12-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I predict another Unity case, a waste. If that is the case, then Patrice's game might become my new favorite series and AC would be played for mindless fun. A story is what I need, Unity is the worst example of a story. We didn't even need to relive his memories. Don't hire Amancio again, he's given the gameplay we need and that is enough. Now fix the story. Normally things get passed on if it's a wall o' text but Unity's problems is obvious(*looks at mods for hope that's it's passed on*). I'd don't like black and white stories but Unity is is far worse than AC2 or ACB and those are black and white stories. But unlike Unity, Ezio was important, reliving his life did something. The game itself never said that we never needed to relive his memories.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/536941b2cc4927a64e804e03ac5e3914/tumblr_n32b3xzdKT1stvmp7o1_500.gif

Now hold on...I don't think Unity is more Black & White than AC2/ACB.

It's more or less a throwback in my opinion.

One that shouldn't be done again.

harsab
12-22-2014, 10:08 PM

Are you implying that you think AC3 AC4 & AC Rogue had the best stories?

Better then AC2 & Brotherhood?

Are you for real?

Hans684
12-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Now hold on...I don't think Unity is more Black & White than AC2/ACB.

I know but as I've said countless times already, we didn't need it relive his memories. It's the importance and progress of the story/lore I care most about. If it isn't important and don't deliver, then I'm not so sure anymore. Can I handle 7+ years for the story to get on track?(that's how long AssassinHMS waited for gameplay improvement). I just don't like wasting time, I'm not replaying the game again, just curtain good missions involving character like Bellec of Elise and a few good co-op missions.

It's more or less a throwback in my opinion.

One that shouldn't be done again.

Indeed, it was the chosen one. It could have been the most gray story so far and the most important but that never happened.

Hans684
12-22-2014, 10:16 PM

The historical story, yes. Regarding MD it's mixed.

Yes.

Are you for real?

Is this real life?

Namikaze_17
12-22-2014, 10:21 PM
I know but as I've said countless times already, we didn't need it relive his memories. It's the importance and progress of the story/lore I care most about. If it isn't important and don't deliver, then I'm not so sure anymore. Can I handle 7+ years for the story to get on track?(that's how long AssassinHMS waited for gameplay improvement). I just don't like wasting time, I'm not replaying the game again, just curtain good missions involving character like Bellec of Elise and a few good co-op missions.

Indeed, it was the chosen one. It could have been the most gray story so far and the most important but that never happened.

I understand.

Historically, yes.

Brotherhood is like AC2 except much worse.

Don't really see the Mass appeal about it.

Exodusith
01-02-2015, 01:09 AM
I think you're forgetting something when you talk about an Asian sequel: India is even less mainstream then China and Alex Hutchinson has already expressed an interest in it (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/feudal-japan-assassins-creed-might-feel-too-famili/1100-6423254/). Setting another game in China after chronicles will ruin that new setting feeling that AC depends on. Also AC: Brahman revealed the Koh-I-Noor, a powerful POE that has a chance of appearing in AC Victory.

Considering this, the India theory is strengthened since only women can use the Koh-I-Noor.

Interesting! I honestly hadn't heard anything about the Brahman content, so that's a fascinating snippet there. Thanks.

MasterAssasin84
01-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Ive heard various Members of the AC team refer to the Far East as to cliche ?

Then We see a downloadable adventure featuring Shao Jun ? ... They may be softening to the Idea but I cannot really see it happening .

wvstolzing
01-02-2015, 02:50 AM
PROPHECIES
by
M. de Nostrawvstolzingus

Year 8
The City of the Dragon, and the brown river
The Grandmother of Europe will watch
A dull cardboard, and his grappling hook.

Jupiter's Consort, and the fanny-packed one
Of Southern Eire; they will be with the Bunny
Now, and for ever in the haystack.

Year 9
The wayfarer will carry, once again,
A worthless companion on his back.
Many will migrate, exhausted
To the Rock, who was the Father.

Year 10
The key to the golden chests,
Broken on Ariadne's Handiwork
It will be fixed, but too late
You plague, worthless gifts tumbling down

Altair1789
01-02-2015, 02:52 AM
These are all very good places for the series to continue from, not to mention Desmond's son that was hinted at in AC:B, but sadly it's too complex for the common consumer so Ubi won't pursue this

I thought it was really interesting that Juno was telling Desmond to find "Eve", also how Clay said "the key, her DNA", but they just dropped this entirely

Are you for real?

I would agree with saying AC3 and AC4 were better than 2 and brotherhood. Not modern day wise, but definitely in the animus-wise

pirate1802
01-03-2015, 11:56 AM

Stephanie Meyers could write better stories than Brotherhood. Fact.

As for AC2, yes it's better but nowhere near as seminal a story as people make it out to be.

Whenever I see people praising AC2 and ACB's stories as the next best thing since Jesus I can only think maaan... he must not have read many good stories.

JonoLee
01-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Honestly, after the pathetic debacle of a game that AC: Unity was, I've lost all faith in Ubisoft to recreate the magic that was the old Assassin's Creed lore.

I mean, how can you expect a developer to craft a fantastic story when they can't even release a game that is fully finished?

I hate being negative but Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this one. AC: Unity was just the studio spitting in the fans' faces. Microtransactions, gamebreaking bugs left and right, forced integration of apps/multiplayer, etc. There's so many issues with the game that the story, as terrible as it is, takes a back seat.

If I can remember correctly, the gist of the story in the game was, "Oh no, the Templars want to find the Sage during the French Revolution! Oh, his body is buried in the Catacombs? Oh well, they won't find it now lolololol." *game ends*

...like really lol, that was the best you could come up with in the four years Unity was supposedly under development?

Until Ubisoft can show they can deliver a half-decent story once again, I refuse to speculate just to avoid getting my hopes up. The goodwill I once had towards this company is completely worn thin. They just keep churning out broken games now for the sake of money and money only.

RinoTheBouncer
01-03-2015, 02:17 PM
What a lot of people who criticize ACII and AC:B stories and Ezio seem to miss is that we who love the Ezio trilogy do not only love it because Ezio’s charismatic or sexy nor because the story was the most unique in the world, but because there was so much going on from Modern Day to First Civ. to Clay’s glyphs. There was something we’re doing in history that is needed in Modern Day. There was a purpose for the whole journey and we were learning things. There was a big mystery and it was unfolding gradually and in a fulfilling and intriguing way.

Ezio’s trilogy had so much going on in every layer of the story, and that’s why I love it. It’s not because it’s the most epic story ever. It was the most interesting and while playing it, I felt the interconnectedness and the importance of what I’m doing in history and it’s relevance to present day events and I was learning more and more about these conspiracies and there were so many moments where I just freeze and think about how shocking and amazing everything was. I wasn’t extracting a footage for a movie nor playing a video game within a video game. You know what I mean.

Exodusith
01-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Updated the original post due to the Dead Kings trailer. Exciting to see high end technology present in the tombs. As many predicted, we are likely to see some kind of First Civilisation influence down there. Perhaps a new Piece of Eden.

Exodusith
01-11-2015, 06:26 PM
I know it's a small sample so far, but roughly 40% support for templars. Interesting.