PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes on launch after new patch.

TylerleeC1
12-20-2014, 03:40 AM
Basically the game gets to the assassins creed logo and then i get a black screen followed by a white screen with the message "AC:D.exe has stoped repsonding" pls let me know if there is a fix. I have verified my files many times before. Not impressed.. :mad:

BerusekPL
12-20-2014, 03:26 PM
I had the same problem. After patching today the game freezes at "Assassin's Creed Unity" logo. Running the game as Administrator helped but that is just a workaround and suggests a sloppy and faulty patch in the first place.

Dodo_974
12-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I had the same problem. After patching today the game freezes at "Assassin's Creed Unity" logo. Running the game as Administrator helped but that is just a workaround and suggests a sloppy and faulty patch in the first place.

same here

irakly019
12-20-2014, 03:53 PM
I have the same problem. Is any solution?

hator000
12-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone. The patch is not collected until the end. Uplay application does not show progress. Displays a message that the game is playable. When I start the ACU, it shows the logo of UBI and nVidia, and that's all. When I try to continue the game displays the message: Installation of 94% :confused:
I'm really tired of the problems with this game. I had the pleasure to spend time with her, do not always install the patch for the patch.
UBI, I appreciate what you are doing but next time I think about it a hundred times before buy another Your game :(
Merry Christmas to all :)

josbelUBI
12-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Game is crashing 4 times out of 5 after installing patch 1.4. Any others experiencing same problem??

TotalKore
12-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Same crash happening here. Checked my files 3 times for it to display all files installed correctly. Never had AC:U not working, until now. Didn't try open as Admin yet. Will try that later on.

bricedjazz
12-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Same here

Launching the game, it starts uplay and the game launch automatically.

1st screen Ubisoft : Ok
2nd screen nvidia : Ok
2 following screens :
- Game designed by people from different origins etc.... : Ok
- This game saves automatically etc... : Ok
Then black screen with the select Arrow in the middle, unable to move, and game music still playing.

nothing happens more, the game is crashed.

I am one of few which never had any problem with ACU before this patch 1.4.
Full ultra, no lag, no texture problem, freeze, no framedrop, never, nothing.

Now, the game can't start anymore.

Is there a possibility to uninstall this ****ing patch ?

AmazingBeej
12-20-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm having the exact same problem, since release this game has run fine for me I'm using gtx 970 getting 40 fps maxed out game running smooth no problem, I installed the performance patch today and went to go test it to see if there was a difference, I get to the menu screen upon loading the game and it instantly crashes I've tried verifying files run in administrator with no luck, anyone know a fix to this would be greatly appreciated.

bricedjazz
12-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Any possibility to go back to 1.3 ?

dnameless1
12-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Same here

Launching the game, it starts uplay and the game launch automatically.

1st screen Ubisoft : Ok
2nd screen nvidia : Ok
2 following screens :
- Game designed by people from different origins etc.... : Ok
- This game saves automatically etc... : Ok
Then black screen with the select Arrow in the middle, unable to move, and game music still playing.

nothing happens more, the game is crashed.

I am one of few which never had any problem with ACU before this patch 1.4.
Full ultra, no lag, no texture problem, freeze, no framedrop, never, nothing.

Now, the game can't start anymore.

Is there a possibility to uninstall this ****ing patch ?

If you have a nvidia card, have you tried the beta drivers? I think I read in other threads those beta drivers might help with this issue. Have an AMD card myself, so can't confirm.

flapspan
12-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Removing ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml in the Assasins Creed Unity folder fixed the problem for me.
Can be found in your Documents folder. You lose only your setting. Not your save file.

AES18
12-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Removing ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml in the Assasins Creed Unity folder fixed the problem for me.
Can be found in your Documents folder. You lose only your setting. Not your save file.

That worked! Thank you!!

hator000
12-20-2014, 09:43 PM

I did exactly the same thing. In addition, I cleaned the registry and the application of AC run as an administrator. While that works. Thank you :cool: