PDA

View Full Version : Personal List of Praise/Criticism for AC Unity and Tips/Must Needs for Next Game

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 02:29 AM
Praise-

Acting- Incredible Best in the Series So Far 10x better than any acting in any of the other games.

Graphics- Incredible best in the series so far

Animations- Incredible fluidity vastly improved by about 7 times. Best in the series so far

Music- Amazing. I'd argue best in the series so far but many would disagree in favor of the Ezio series. Puts AC 3 and AC 4 to shame. Beautiful music with delicate attention to detail of sound. Huge leap from the previous games.

Customization- Incredible. Best in the series so far by 10x. If Ubi can keep this up, they should. Possibly a little push to make each customization piece look less like a multiplayer item and more like a single player item.

Environment- OMG AMAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING 1/4 buildings truly enterable omg this was a huge leap forward. If Ubi can keep up with this this is HUGE not only for the series but for video games in entirely.

Criticism-

Campaign- way, way, WAYYYYY too short. Only 1 mission for Napoleon. He should have you go out and do stuff before giving you Roulle's location.

Glitches- blah blah blah we've heard it before. I was among the fortunate ones who didn't encounter a single glitch but I heard this was a problem for many.

Combat- way to ****ing hard. indicator should pop up telling you when someones coming from outside the camera area. Like an arrow or something. This is a MUST. Also, I should be able to use weak equipment, expecially weapons at higher levels with effectiveness. A master assassin should be able to make poor weapons into killing machines, and using all available weapons possible for aesthetic purposes. The weakest sword was by far the best looking weapon in the game, even if only for its simplicity.

Must Needs for Next Game-

While hanging on a wall, holding right trigger and double tapping a should still be able to allow me to jump directly off or sideways onto other parkour items ie nearby ledges laundry lines etc. There were too many instances in the game where attempting to infiltrate a fortress or what not we got trapped hanging on buildings with no way to jump to other parts. This must be made accessable by next game.

Carriages riding in streets. Enterable and usable as vehicles. It's Victorian London for cripes sake. If you made modern day assassins creed in New York, you wouldn't make it so we cant drive cars. Ezio trilogy had horses, we should be able to use carriages now. It would be great to be able to pay a carriage rider to ride us across town or ask him to help us escape really fast from enemies. Horseback riding could be a nice side thing to tack on but not as vital. Trains as fast travel would be equally impressive to take a ride, watch the whole thing or skip through. Great hiding place to break line of site and make a quick getaway as well. Its probably to late into development to implement these but this is the game where we should start seeing these kinds of things in the series.

Easier combat. Somewhere in between ac 4 and AC Unity would be nice. It shouldn't take 15 strikes to kill a guard who can kill you in 3. Ridiculous.

Problem that needs to be addressed- when entering fortress palace whatever, that problem where you have to steal or kill someone but there in a room with 15 guards. methods of luring them out or waiting for them to leave the room need to be implemented if you want players to use stealth. The only way to deal with this in Unity was berserk darts which was over done for these situations.

Method to grapple enemies, take them hostage, and use as means of escape or body shield to cover from fire. Holding b would do nicely.

Things that would be Nice but not necessary-

Train Transit/ Rideable carriages

Jobs courier etc

When you've killed a guard, citizens witnessing will report the crime. If witness is not tackled and told to sshush the **** up, (nice opportunity for our handy assassin to show off his hidden blade with a shady threat wink wink) a detachment of guards will come to patrol the area. This adds realism to the game and forces player to use stealth. Not a difficult feature to implement and being able to kill a guard and stay on the scene for 24 hours unpunished is ridiculous. Make escaping the area necessary. Actually this is a must need but Im thinking game is too late in development for this to be implemented. It has to happen sometime. Watch Dogs has it, lets borrow this into Assassins Creed.

Some player in this game, whether an npc or the protagonist, has to have a sword they pull out of a cane. Ill be mads ifs I donts sees its.

That is all.

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Combat isn't hard.

It's a challenge at first but then it's smooth sailing once you figure things out.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 02:35 AM
please don't make combat easier, Ubisoft...please don't.

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 02:40 AM
please don't make combat easier, Ubisoft...please don't.

Okay nvm then. Sheesh. Oh but one thing combat got way too easy once we got our magical lvl 80 sword. base this on skill level ie skills leveling up blah blah etc not the magic weapon. I like my beginners sword.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Combat looks great from what I've seen...

Stealth too...

But people will have something to complain about. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 02:41 AM
Okay nvm then. Sheesh. Oh but one thing combat got way too easy once we got our magical lvl 80 sword. base this on skill level ie skills leveling up blah blah etc not the magic weapon. I like my beginners sword.
YES, thank you. I never changed my base sword either.

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 02:46 AM
YES, thank you. I never changed my base sword either.

I eventually pussied out and upgraded to the royal cutlass. Loved the novice sword. So pretty.

Altair1789
12-20-2014, 02:49 AM
I think combat is fine, but I'd like a mechanic for counter attacks to return, I'd like to be able to fight with hidden blades, I want to be able to fight with fists, and I want a revamped counter to guns. Throwing knives are returning, so that's already made me hyped

I also hate customization. Please don't bring that back. Or skillpoints/ having your name near your health bar, all modern day-killing aspects

havengrover
12-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Unity is literally the worst AC ever. It is amazing to me how boring and repetitive, not to mention just dumb they have made the missions. I did not think it was possible for their story lines to be anymore boring, but I was very wrong. Not only that, but the free climbing is absolute garbage. Its bulky glitchy and stumbles all over itself. It is so bad I have trouble trying to play this game, it's not really fun at all, just glitchy and annoying. If you like this kind of game and haven't tried Shadow of Mordor, please do. THAT IS WHAT A GAME SHOULD BE LIKE. This game looks amazing don't get me wrong, but these amazing graphics are wasted on a trash story and game dynamics which are far worse than any other version, and completely unacceptable for next gen gaming. I am so disappointed that I wasted 30$ on this piece of **** game. If I paid the full 60$, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself, because this game isn't worth 10$ in my opinion. Might as well just make a ******* movie next time, because this is hardly a game.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 02:52 AM
I eventually pussied out and upgraded to the royal cutlass. Loved the novice sword. So pretty.
I upgraded for some time to the Royal Cutlass but found it too powerful so I went back to the regular one too but then i met the actual powerful guards with 5 stars above their heads.....

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 02:52 AM
I might get a lot of hate for this but Unity's actually my favorite in the series. Arno's so adorable. X)

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 02:55 AM
I upgraded for some time to the Royal Cutlass but found it too powerful so I went back to the regular one too but then i met the actual powerful guards with 5 stars above their heads.....

Ya I noticed that too. Beginning sword was way too wake then suddenly at royal cutlass we're going through everyone like nothing. XD I always hated the robin hood guys. Dodging all the time blocking, no way to break defense save power swing and you cant shoot em either. Pain in the ***. We really need that body shield back. It'd be nice to hit 2 birds with one stone and lets us keep holding on to them taking them hostage. That's just something an assassin would do in that situation.

Sorry for dp.

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 03:03 AM
I might get a lot of hate for this but Unity's actually my favorite in the series. Arno's so adorable. X)

Hear hear!

WendysBrioche
12-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Hear hear!

Haha I'm ready for it. XD

It's just theres a lot of things about this game I think are great. First time voice acting in a video game wasn't cheesy and was instead absolutely superb, 1 in 4 buildings are enterable and fully detailed, mind you its a sprawling city not four shacks and a cabin, the best fluidity in parkour running walking animations in any game yet, and all this game is going to be remembered for is persistent bugs, patches gone terribly wrong, and a pseudo frustrating co-op with a brief unsatisfactory campaign.

D.I.D.
12-20-2014, 06:02 AM

Not from me.

The people who claim gameplay was better in the old games have no business talking about gameplay, because this isn't a matter of opinion. If people prefer the atmosphere or setting of some of the old games, then fair enough I guess, but there's no excuse for failing to notice the massive improvements in ACU's gameplay and the expansion of possibilities in the best of the missions. I keep getting new situations emerging, and handling the missions in radically different ways, and now there's true replay value. Not just "I could stand to do that again" but "I wonder what will happen this time?", "Could I have done that differently?", and so on. AC1 teased that idea, and ACU delivered on it.

I reckon a lot of people are unwilling to admit that they built up various resentments towards the game because the guards were kicking their arses this time, and they didn't want to have to improve. They liked the old games for giving gold stars and master assassin status automatically, and allowing them to walk in that character's shoes, but in ACU they didn't like being asked to work for it or think about strategy. I'm not saying Unity's gameplay is perfect, but it's the right direction. If I'm ever given back the old style of power fantasy simulators, I might as well quit.

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Not from me.

The people who claim gameplay was better in the old games have no business talking about gameplay, because this isn't a matter of opinion. If people prefer the atmosphere or setting of some of the old games, then fair enough I guess, but there's no excuse for failing to notice the massive improvements in ACU's gameplay and the expansion of possibilities in the best of the missions. I keep getting new situations emerging, and handling the missions in radically different ways, and now there's true replay value. Not just "I could stand to do that again" but "I wonder what will happen this time?", "Could I have done that differently?", and so on. AC1 teased that idea, and ACU delivered on it.

I reckon a lot of people are unwilling to admit that they built up various resentments towards the game because the guards were kicking their arses this time, and they didn't want to have to improve. They liked the old games for giving gold stars and master assassin status automatically, and allowing them to walk in that character's shoes, but in ACU they didn't like being asked to work for it or think about strategy. I'm not saying Unity's gameplay is perfect, but it's the right direction. If I'm ever given back the old style of power fantasy simulators, I might as well quit.

^ This. Although I do think it should be taken into account that lots of people apparently had legitimate problems with the AI in the game due to bugs, not just their own lack of skill.

I'm currently undecided on exactly where I stand with Unity. There's so much improvement all over the place, from graphics to the soundscape to crowd interaction to stealth and combat....It's a gorgeous game visually, I love the customization, Paris is awesome. There's so much to love and I really want to say it's my favorite in the series. There's just one huge "but", and that's the fact that it was so obviously unfinished. IF the game worked exactly as intended, it would be my favorite without question, but I just cannot overlook the horrible state it shipped in. I haven't tried it post-patch 4 yet, so I don't know if anything has improved, but the random freezing, the framerate issues, getting stuck on things, coupled with the absolutely inexcusable amount of content locked behind apps that still don't work a month after release....

I love this game so much when it works and yet I find myself wondering how I'll feel about replaying it a year or two from now. Will I have to go through the same companion app BS if I start another playthrough? Will I have to start over on Initiates? The concepts in this game are so good, but the whole feels so tarred by executive meddling, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. AC1-ACB are games I can still fully enjoy years after their initial release without ever having to worry about "will this game work? will it regularly prevent me from playing? will it hold content hostage?". With Unity I don't have that feeling of safety which should be the bare minimum for ANY game. I want to say it's my favorite, but at the same time, there's so much unforgivable crap holding it back that I don't know if I can.

D.I.D.
12-20-2014, 07:25 AM
^ This. Although I do think it should be taken into account that lots of people apparently had legitimate problems with the AI in the game due to bugs, not just their own lack of skill.

I'm currently undecided on exactly where I stand with Unity. There's so much improvement all over the place, from graphics to the soundscape to crowd interaction to stealth and combat....It's a gorgeous game visually, I love the customization, Paris is awesome. There's so much to love and I really want to say it's my favorite in the series. There's just one huge "but", and that's the fact that it was so obviously unfinished. IF the game worked exactly as intended, it would be my favorite without question, but I just cannot overlook the horrible state it shipped in. I haven't tried it post-patch 4 yet, so I don't know if anything has improved, but the random freezing, the framerate issues, getting stuck on things, coupled with the absolutely inexcusable amount of content locked behind apps that still don't work a month after release....

I love this game so much when it works and yet I find myself wondering how I'll feel about replaying it a year or two from now. Will I have to go through the same companion app BS if I start another playthrough? Will I have to start over on Initiates? The concepts in this game are so good, but the whole feels so tarred by executive meddling, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. AC1-ACB are games I can still fully enjoy years after their initial release without ever having to worry about "will this game work? will it regularly prevent me from playing? will it hold content hostage?". With Unity I don't have that feeling of safety which should be the bare minimum for ANY game. I want to say it's my favorite, but at the same time, there's so much unforgivable crap holding it back that I don't know if I can.

Yeah, all those things are legitimate. I think everyone just needs an exact replica of my PC, and they'll be golden (aside from all that Companion/Initiates nonsense which is clearly never going to work).

There's definitely a huge amount of little snags that you gradually learn to avoid. If I make a Shadowplay video capture today I'll look ten times smoother than I did on day one, simply because all the little winces of displeasure have built up default responses. You end up using a "path of least resistance" approach to lots of things, like realising the quickest and least lumpy way to get in through a window is to go in from the side with just the left stick and no buttons.

I'm not sure what's improved in Patch 4 yet, but some things definitely have. I haven't spent much time with it yet, but I had a quick run around and some things did seem better (although memory can play tricks when you've been away from a game for a while and you know you're meant to be seeing improvements). The one big glitch I had was that the floor in the corridor outside the attendant's office was flickering randomly as if lit by a failing fluorescent light, and that's now fixed. Something I'm less certain about is in certain surfaces, but it did appear that varnished wood and marble floors had a better reflection effect on them now. Aside from that, it all looked the same. I already had a good frame rate at 1080p and 1440p Ultra High, and no problems with freezing, but I hope it did something more dramatic for AMD cards.

I was already at a point after Black Flag where I tried and failed to replay the old games and realised I just wasn't going to get any enjoyment out of them anymore, so I'd resigned myself to playing ACIV and hoping for something good from Unity. Now when I consider playing Black Flag, I get a little shudder at the thought of some of those tailing missions, and I realise how much I'll miss the proper assassinations in Unity. It doesn't mean I'll never play IV again, but it certainly makes Unity the champion by default for me. Hopefully Victory will be the best of series through nothing but its own merits.

wvstolzing
12-20-2014, 07:27 AM

Try the Cinquedea for an OP sword; you get this relatively early; then onwards it's a hack & slash fest, even with the 5-star enemies.

MrHandsss
12-20-2014, 07:41 AM
ambient music, 2 hidden blades and being able to use them whenever, coherent modern day with an ACTUAL PROTAGONIST, human shields (**** rolling to dodge bullets), whistling, etc all the other good **** past AC games had that were removed from Unity in what I could only guess were attempts to make it a more mediocre game than it should've been. these ALL need to come back.

and seriously, honestly try to make an interesting game next time. I know you'll never top Ezio's games, but Unity just lacked across the board in this department. Even that whole love thing fell flat since Elise was barely in the game and I still felt nothing for her. The brotherhood was also incredibly boring and I don't think I remembered anyone's names in it except for Bellic. Arno was ok, but nothing to write home about. Ultimately, I don't feel like we accomplished ANYTHING throughout the course of the entire game. Revenge, sure, but we've been there and done that plenty of times before and every other time, it wasn't all they accomplished.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
12-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Acting - The acting was indeed quite good, but not better than the other games (bit of a disservice to the other games)
Graphics - Agreed
Animations - Agreed
Music - Definitely good but worst in the series (imo). If it was just Schachner it'd probs be higher up, but I didn't enjoy Tilton's stuff nearly as much as Schachner's.
Customisation - Definitely good. Could use a few tweaks though (get rid of the external app crap, make gear purely visual and tie all stats to the skill trees)
Environment - Agreed. Paris was beautiful. Would like some more variety though, like in AC1 and 2.
Campaign - Agreed. WAY TOO DAMN SHORT. These story's in general need to be much longer. Many AAA games releasing these days are having much longer (and better imo) stories than AC. Something needs to give, but these stories need much more focus in these games. It's what makes them memorable. TLOU wouldn't be significant at all without it's story.
Glitches - Agreed. The launch of Unity was one of the worst I've honestly seen. Whether it's the game itself, or the external apps shoved down our throats (especially for those who want 100%) which don't work either. Patches of almost 7gb is unheard of. This game needed more damn time.
Combat - Absolutely disagree. The combat is much better now than it ever has been. Yes they need to expand on the combat, but the system in place is miles better than the other games. If you want piss easy combat unlock the end-game weapons, or better go play the older games.

Your last 2 ideas sound cool though.

Good post

Megas_Doux
12-20-2014, 12:06 PM
I think combat is fine, but I'd like a mechanic for counter attacks to return, I'd like to be able to fight with hidden blades, I want to be able to fight with fists, and I want a revamped counter to guns. Throwing knives are returning, so that's already made me hyped

I also hate customization. Please don't bring that back.

What is wrong about customization???

WendysBrioche
12-24-2014, 11:55 PM
ambient music, 2 hidden blades and being able to use them whenever, coherent modern day with an ACTUAL PROTAGONIST, human shields (**** rolling to dodge bullets), whistling, etc all the other good **** past AC games had that were removed from Unity in what I could only guess were attempts to make it a more mediocre game than it should've been. these ALL need to come back.

and seriously, honestly try to make an interesting game next time. I know you'll never top Ezio's games, but Unity just lacked across the board in this department. Even that whole love thing fell flat since Elise was barely in the game and I still felt nothing for her. The brotherhood was also incredibly boring and I don't think I remembered anyone's names in it except for Bellic. Arno was ok, but nothing to write home about. Ultimately, I don't feel like we accomplished ANYTHING throughout the course of the entire game. Revenge, sure, but we've been there and done that plenty of times before and every other time, it wasn't all they accomplished.

Ya, I wondered why a lot of features from previous games where removed like whistling, hidden blade combat etc. I thought making the ability to stab a downed enemy on the ground a skill that needed to be upgraded was a little unnesseceray, things like that should just be automatic.

Altair1789
12-25-2014, 12:11 AM
What is wrong about customization???

It feels too personalized, I guess. It's hard to explain, each assassin kind of has their iconic outfit, it feels less like an AC game. Someone else explained it well on another thread, if only I could remember how he said it. I honestly hate the whole initiate approach, everyone has their name, title, stars, and stats on their health bar, I just don't like that stuff

Pandassin
12-25-2014, 12:32 AM
I agree with pretty much everything you said. However the combat is the best in the series so far, even though it can be frustrating at times, I feel like I'm in an actual sword fight. The main problem I have with it is snipers and enemies who whip out their guns right in front of you, it just ruins the fight.

Sejdovic11
12-25-2014, 02:44 AM
Meh, Unity had the potential to be awesome game, GOTY 2014, but they just screwed it up. I don't even have to say anything about Unity's technical issues really. It was debackle at the release (and it's still crap for a lot of PC players), it should never be released in poor condition as it was. Game was pushed out of the door, for sure. Who to blame? Dumb CEO's, nobody else.

I didn't finished the story yet, but it's already so boring, it's just not interesting at all, they tried to create new Ezio, but they failed.

Stealth mechanics needs some work, just put in cover system from Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell, I mean how hard is to do this? As an assassin you are not able to move around the corner without leaving the cover, it's just stupid. It would be sick if we could move from cover to cover!

Also, I miss the human shield feature since all of them are just pulling their guns in the middle of the fight, so that would be useful. Rolling around the place like someone on ecstasy is ridiculous.

Moving the dead bodies... What happend with that? It's funny when enemies just ignore their buddies sliced and diced on the floor, they just keep on walking past them. Bring this back.

Combat... I like that you removed counter attack, because you was overpowered with it. But the field of view is awful when you are in combat, often you just don't see enemy coming after you, sou you should put at least some kind of markers when enemy is out of the field view, so we could know that they are trying to attack us, just put some exclamation mark or arrow, or whatever would work. But overall, I like the new combat, it just needs some improvement.

Paris... Awesome job with that really, I don't have anything to say about it, graphics and design are amazing on PS4.

Murder Mysteries... AWESOME! Enough said.

Open-type assassinations is what I love the most about this game, this is the direction that AC must go. Love that.

Story... Boooooring!

So what Ubisoft needs to do with next AC... Improve stealth mechanics (especially cover system), make it AC's core gameplay, this should get much more attention, we are assassins after all. A little imporevement to parkour, it's cool, but sometimes you just get stuck and you can't move nowhere, a little more polishing would do the trick. Just throw that "Companion" Apps in the trash, who the **** needs them? I want to be able to access everything from my game, I don't want to play some stupid mini games on my phone. Initiates... Get rid of that too, it's not working at all. Microtransactions? Not in the AAA $60 worth title, get rid of that too, it's not a game for $5 that needs this ****. Improvement in combat, especially with that field of view... We need to see when enemies attack us, so we can parry their attacks. Bring back ability to move bodies (to hide them, no assassin will leave it's victim laying on the ground on plain sight), human shield is needed if everyone will be pulling their guns out. And yeah, good story is a MUST, don't mess it up like you did in Unity, story is important in AC.

And you have it, perfect AC, with good stealth, good story, cool combat, cool parkour, and without stupid apps...

But whatever, I doubt that they'll listen, especially with those stupid apps and microtransactions, all they see is $ € ú, so yeah...

Democrito_71
12-25-2014, 03:56 AM
I really enjoyed the customization in Unity. It would be cool if we also could change the materials/the fabrics in the outfits we want to have so we could change the main outfits fabric from for example cotton to leather and leather to silk. My only small complaint about the customization in Unity is that I wish they're more variating outfits then it was in the game and I wish there were more outfits as well. But I still enjoyed it as it was, but I hope they make the customization more deep so we can change small details on the outfits.

Combat is better than ever, it's not too challenging nor is it too easy. They are going in the right direction on this.

If Victory is not polished enough before the 2015th release, then delay it with 6 months like ubi did with Watch dogs

Please no more revenge/redemption stories. We've had this type story in four games so far
(AC2, brotherhood, AC3 and Unity) have stories more focused about the creed and
it's fight against the templars and vice versa

* More main missions, 26 in Unity wasn't enough compared to the previous AC-games main missions
where there were more than 40 main missions
* More varied side activities like chess, poker and horse racing
* Side activities with cutscenes
* Side activities with their own short storylines(like the ones in GTAV)
* More murder mysteries with actual cutscenes as well be able to choose questions when interrogating and accusing suspects(like we could do in LA Noire)
* Ambient soundtrack, not like previous games but like how Rockstar Games did with Red Dead Redemption by adding
several different, smaller tracks just to set the mood that fits with the setting
Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpCN...evLRyf&index=1

* More focused on stealth
* A much smoother and less "stickier" cover mechanic. Make it as smooth and fast like the cover mechanic in Red Dead Redemption

Tip for a new composer I think could create an epic soundtrack for future AC-game is Trevor Morris
(Vikings, The Tudors, The Borgias, Dragon age: Inquisition)
seriously listen to this soundtrack with headphones from 02:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjR6PvJGwas

Namikaze_17
12-25-2014, 04:03 AM
^ Three games actually...

AC3 wasn't a Revenge story.

Wolfmeister1010
12-25-2014, 04:33 AM
Very nice thread :) I will give my personal list.

1. Less ridiculous customization-I felt like the options for customization were by and large way too vibrant and over the top. There should be a LOT more options that range in the realistic. You know, different shapes of plain hoods, different styles of shirts going under the robes. More on a subtle level. For the most part, the belts and braces accomplished this well, with each one bing more or less realistic, with just a few goofy ones for fun.

2. More cutscenes- the Paris stories were great but they felt choppy because the dialogue occurred in real time without any lip synching or anything. The precision of cutscenes would add to the experience, in exchange for a small sacrifice of "seamlessness".

3. More actual cutscenes, not realtime scenes. It is very easy to tell when certain cutscenes are generated in game in real time with the seamless enter and exit. The models in these cutscenes are obviously then much lower quality, as well as the shadows on their faces. Big example of this poor seamless cutscene includes Bellec and Arno on top of building during first assassination in Notre Dame. There are a surprisingly small number of actual pre rendered cutscenes that look absolutely amazing. Maybe around 7 or 8.

4. Light/weather based stealth.

5. Ability to drag bodies immediately after stabbing them in low profile kills. Just like Far Cry 4.

6. Improve the side mission dynamic of Paris stories, murder mysteries, and enigmas. But, this time, make more of the city stories focused on assassination or infiltration.

7. Improve the already awesome dynamic encounter system. Add events such as intervening in drunken brawls, and events that specifically affect the player, such as the return of stalkers and thieves. Also, maybe add dynamic encounters involving assassins or templars, such as witnessing an assassin taking out a templar. Would be cool. Lastly, more dynamic encounters should occur inside interiors, such as a murder in progress, or a domestic abuse incident, prompting the player to enter the location.

8. Improve interiors system by making more of them filled with enemies or hostiles. People generally don't like strangers entering their houses.

9. Removal of quick shot pistols. Player has to free aim to shoot. This would help balance the increased presence of firearms at the player's disposal. If the player wants to shoot in combat. He has to take the time to prepare a shot, similar to real life.

10. Addition of horses and other vehicles.

11. Destructible environmental pieces such as glass, windows, scaffolding, ect.

12. Better weather system to fit with the location. Heavy rainstorms must return, as does winter and heavy fog/mist.

13. Return of some wild animals such as rabbid/stray dogs to watch out for in the streets.

Altair1789
12-25-2014, 05:34 AM
12. Better weather system to fit with the location. Heavy rainstorms must return, as does winter and heavy fog/mist.

I hear there might be 4 seasons in Victory, the season changing system would be a nice change

Wolfmeister1010
12-25-2014, 06:16 AM
I hear there might be 4 seasons in Victory, the season changing system would be a nice change

wat? from where?

Namikaze_17
12-25-2014, 06:20 AM
Rain and Snow in Victorian London?

*Faints*

wvstolzing
12-25-2014, 06:44 AM
I hope they make the rain look as good as it did in AC4 (at least on current-gen and PC).

I have a soft spot for rain effects in games.

SixKeys
12-25-2014, 06:55 AM
^ Three games actually...

AC3 wasn't a Revenge story.

It kinda was. Connor sought revenge against Charles Lee for burning down his village and killing his mother.

Namikaze_17
12-25-2014, 06:58 AM
It kinda was. Connor sought revenge against Charles Lee for burning down his village and killing his mother.

Yeah, it had Revenge elements, but it didn't feel like the focal point to me.

But atlas, it's all perspective.

Hans684
12-25-2014, 01:37 PM

Washington burned it down, so he hunted for being a Templar. It was duty in the end.

SixKeys
12-26-2014, 02:57 AM
Washington burned it down, so he hunted for being a Templar. It was duty in the end.

Connor didn't know that until towards the end of the game. After that point it became a more standard Templar hunt but it started off as a revenge thing.

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 03:20 AM
Connor didn't know that until towards the end of the game. After that point it became a more standard Templar hunt but it started off as a revenge thing.

Yeah, but not enough to be called a Revenge story.

His goal was clearly just to save his people with the revenge on Lee circling around it.

But like I said, it all depends on how you look at it.

SixKeys
12-26-2014, 03:35 AM
Yeah, but not enough to be called a Revenge story.

His goal was clearly just to save his people with the revenge on Lee circling around it.

But like I said, it all depends on how you look at it.

Yeah, I'm just saying they need to do away with the whole revenge angle altogether already. Doesn't matter if it's the main focus or not, it's getting old. I want another assassin like Alta´r who is fully dedicated to the assassins and has to examine what's wrong and what's right through their actions. Shay could have gone that way, but then they added the personal revenge element again.

Edit: Should add that Edward was a breath of fresh air. He was all about personal gain and didn't give a crap about either faction until much further in the game.

Namikaze_17
12-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I'm just saying they need to do away with the whole revenge angle altogether already. Doesn't matter if it's the main focus or not, it's getting old. I want another assassin like Alta´r who is fully dedicated to the assassins and has to examine what's wrong and what's right through their actions. Shay could have gone that way, but then they added the personal revenge element again.

Edit: Should add that Edward was a breath of fresh air. He was all about personal gain and didn't give a crap about either faction until much further in the game.

I agree.

The revenge format is getting old and we are due to another character like Alta´r or something else altogether.

Yeah, Edward was a change. That, like other things, made him unique.

WendysBrioche
02-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Oh ya and please bring back save games!!! I like to do fresh playthroughs!!!!!!!

WendysBrioche
02-16-2015, 11:30 PM
Oh and there should be animus hack or equivalent available for all customizable gear in game. MultIplayer shouldn't be exclusively necessary to obtain equipment for the single player campaign. But I think this has been covered in other threads. The great difficulty in regards to this in unity were items requiring club competition, as finding a club with enough players to be on at any given time was not an easy thing to do.

DemonLord4lf
02-16-2015, 11:41 PM
I hated the combat system for many reasons that have already been stated. At first I thought it was going to be more challenging, but then i realized it was just too complex. This isn't a mortal kombat game. The fighting system shouldn't be complicated. The enemies being able to attack you off screen was annoying. I'm not asking for the old combat system to come back. I am asking for a compromise. A tough combat system that is easy to master. Also, better stealth would be great. A real disguise feature would be best. Not that multiplayer feature they through into single player. That was a joke. I'm trying to walk through a crowded military base in disguise and my disguise runs out in less then 5 secs...

ninja4hire10
02-17-2015, 12:15 AM
My two cents:

PRAISE: Voice acting; setting; obviously gorgeous visuals; combat moves (needs a little tweaking though); parkour moves (ditto); music (especially the tune played on the map screen -- really dug it); and the use of meds to heal versus simply running away.

CRITS: Story length; customization; no countryside; no horses; multiplayer; Phantom Blade (I just miss the ol' blowpipe); no rope darts; and no messing with the NPCs. Gotta say too I didn't experience any of the bugs/ glitches some players did, at least till Patch 4, but even then I only had some character pop-outs while co-oping -- and minor glitches have become kind of endearing to me over the series.

I didn't care for the purchasing of skills, either. I get what the devs were going for but some skills (like the roll or the ground execution) should've been part of Arno's regular assassin repertoire. Upgradeable yes; they should've been included from the get-go, though.

HOPES: High for Victory, which I'll of course buy, but I like some others' ideas on carriages, bringing back throwing knives, weather, etc. And definitely lose the "revenge as a motivator" for the main character, that's a dead horse that's BEYOND beaten by this point.

MISC: Wouldn't be bad to have dual protagonists, maybe fraternal male-female twins, that the player can switch between. I'm on the fence about bringing back modern day story elements, I gotta say.