PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Game won't start after patch 4

ibbilbo
12-20-2014, 02:05 AM
I had a perfectly playable game yesterday. Buggy as hell, but playable.
Installed the new patch and now the game will not load. After the splash screens and the intro screens, as soon as the Assassin's Creed Logo screen starts to load, the cursor disappears, the screen freezes while music plays in the background, then it goes to the desktop. Then I have to launch program manager and kill the .exe.
I'm pretty sure the reason for patching a game is to make it work correctly and make it play better...not make it UNPLAYABLE! :(
I have verified the game files, rebooted and nada.
Oh, and I have been playing since release...level 5 player with about $1,200,000 in the bank...about 60% complete.

C'mon UbiSoft...fix the damn game!

i5-2500k
16gb Corsair Vengence
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

NuroDragonfly
12-20-2014, 02:17 AM
I have the same bloody problem!!:mad::mad::mad:

I just rebuilt my PC because I had the Microsoft Preparing Auto Repair loop bug and couldn't load my OS so decided it was time for some new gear and bought new motherboard / CPU / GPU etc....Finished all the required installation etc. and now the Uplay site says AC Unity patch update, so I think yay about time....I've had a perfectly fine version of 1.3 and doing well and found good graphics settings for it to run smoothly (IE: turn off antialiasing) but after this patch the game is now Un-Bootable with the exact same problem.
I have just re-installed it for the second time in 48hrs trying to get this to play, using up my data allowance in the process (5gb download then a 6gb download with the fresh install after first crash to desktop not loading)

WTF is going on at Ubisoft? How the hell can you even release such a bugged/glitch's/freezing/CTD/.exe crash's whole PC.....etc......unfinished game?

The detail of Paris is wonderful, the Parkour brilliant, the level of freeworld best so far, but.......:mad::nonchalance::(:confused:

i5-4690 3.5k
8gb Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 7
Asus GeForce GTX 750-Ti

ibbilbo
12-20-2014, 02:57 AM
I contacted Ubisoft tech support. They told me they have their top guy working on the problem......

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Monkey-typing.jpg/300px-Monkey-typing.jpg

Camel_Inside
12-20-2014, 03:24 AM
If you SEARCH you FIND; http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/978238-Can-t-play-anymore-since-patch-1-4

INSTALL THE NVIDIA BETA DRIVERS!!!!!!!!

Next Time use SERCH! ;)

ibbilbo
12-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Well yeah, wiseass I did "serch" and that wasn't the problem.
To fix said problem you need to delete ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml which you will find in C:\users\whateveryourusernameis\My Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity
Then start the game, go to options and reset all your settings.
Game works fine now.

MasyafAltair25
12-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Yea i have the same problem. I tried that thing and my game crash -.-"
GG ubisoft.
My specs are:
AMD fx-6100 3.3ghz
AMD radeon r7 240 2gb vram
8gb ddr3 1333mhz

AnhPr0
12-20-2014, 07:00 AM
Just downloaded the patch, and now i cant play it. HOOORAY!!!! fcking patch broke my game.

my rig:
4790k @ 4.6ghz
16gb 1600 ddr3
2 x GTX 970 SLI

fix this ubi. this should of been dealt with months ago.

Seth101ry
12-20-2014, 07:14 AM
I am having the exact same problem.

Before the patch my game worked, it was buggy as hell but it ran. Now after patch 4 the game will not even run. It gets to the AC logo just before the main menu and crashes. So I have now gone from a broken game to an unplayable game.

This is a joke, I never bought the season pass but I want a game I can actually play or my money back!

PC Specs:

MSI Z87-G43
Gigabyte 970
Intel i7 4770
8gb RAM

P.S.
I tried deleting the .ini file and restarting, still won't start.

TheMoon7x
12-21-2014, 02:19 AM
Well yeah, wiseass I did "serch" and that wasn't the problem.
To fix said problem you need to delete ACU.ini and GFXSettings.ACU.xml which you will find in C:\users\whateveryourusernameis\My Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity
Then start the game, go to options and reset all your settings.
Game works fine now.

doesn't fix my issue, ah well

edit: fixed....reinstalled windows due to corrupted windows files, found with sfc /scannow command at a cmd prompt (as admin). works a-ok now

DaVinci1981
12-21-2014, 03:59 AM
Same problem here, crashes right before the mainmenu (after the "the game automatically saves [...]") to the desktop, mouse isn't usable at this point and I have to kill ACU.exe

Edit: Updating nVidia-drivers to the actual beta-drivers (347.09) worked for me

Cedric19952010
12-21-2014, 04:05 AM
By me the game will noit start, too

I Paid 90 € für AC Unity in the Notre Dame Edition.

This isnt funny Ubisoft!

Z3PHYRZ
12-21-2014, 04:40 AM
Yep, same here. Had a perfectly working game until downloading and installing the new update. I expected it though. The reassuring thing is that I'm not the only one having the same issue. Guess I'll go watch a movie instead. Hopefully, there will be a fix by tomorrow. Dang it. I was really looking forward to slash and dash tonight. *sigh* Oh well.