PDA

View Full Version : Just bought ACU ,having some problems and could use help

andreycvetov
12-20-2014, 01:45 AM
So I just bought Unity and redeemed the code .Downloaded the game and started it .The first thing that irritates me is that Uplay does not patch the game ,and I guess I have to do it manually ,but I do not know how . Curently patch 1.04 is out and I believe that i do not own any patch released so far .One other thing is that every 5-10 seconds the game lags and all cloth goes up in the air for a sec and then it goes down . If I think of more problems I will update . Thnanks to all who spare some time :o

PREDATORS_RD
12-20-2014, 01:51 AM
install windows 8.1, it worked for me, i had the same problem

fitzsteve
12-20-2014, 01:51 AM
So I just bought Unity and redeemed the code .Downloaded the game and started it .The first thing that irritates me is that Uplay does not patch the game ,and I guess I have to do it manually ,but I do not know how . Curently patch 1.04 is out and I believe that i do not own any patch released so far .One other thing is that every 5-10 seconds the game lags and all cloth goes up in the air for a sec and then it goes down . If I think of more problems I will update . Thnanks to all who spare some time :o

If you just downloaded the game it should be up to date.

Other things you describe are 'normal' for this game, very buggy.

I'm playing on i5 3570k, 8gb DDR3 1600 and GTX970 and it's feels like 20fps on ultra settings @1080p, drop them a bit (very high) and it feels like 30-40

various glitches around the world like people shaking and general slowdowns.

At least the patch fixed the game lockups/pauses. Previously the game would lockup completely for 5-10 seconds every few minutes, as you can imagine that was infuriating.

Aside from the above it's a very beautiful game, the world is spectacular.

ChittyBeef
12-20-2014, 02:02 AM
You made a mistake buying it. You dun goofed.

andreycvetov
12-20-2014, 02:04 AM
install windows 8.1, it worked for me, i had the same problem
One thing I fail to understand ,is why is this game so demanding ? And isn't installing W8 just too much of a hastle and a drastic change ,only for the hope to get a couple more frames ? Thnaks for the input ,really uppreciate it :)

andreycvetov
12-20-2014, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=Fried_Saucy;10455943]You made a mistake buying it. You dun good
Well ,although I saw what the game presented of itself ,I am a huge fan of the series and was just too tempted by good holiday deals .

andreycvetov
12-20-2014, 02:18 AM
If you just downloaded the game it should be up to date.

Other things you describe are 'normal' for this game, very buggy.

I'm playing on i5 3570k, 8gb DDR3 1600 and GTX970 and it's feels like 20fps on ultra settings @1080p, drop them a bit (very high) and it feels like 30-40

various glitches around the world like people shaking and general slowdowns.

At least the patch fixed the game lockups/pauses. Previously the game would lockup completely for 5-10 seconds every few minutes, as you can imagine that was infuriating.

Aside from the above it's a very beautiful game, the world is spectacular.

I might have been wrong on that one . Usually when I purchesed UBI games ,after download and installation ,they would start to download every patch but now that did not happen .When I deleted them through the Control Panel ,on their right I could see what version I was deleting , but now for Unity I couldnt .Then I assumed that it just didnt patch ( and the fact that it has issues that should have been fixed by all the latest patches)

PREDATORS_RD
12-20-2014, 03:06 AM
One thing I fail to understand ,is why is this game so demanding ? And isn't installing W8 just too much of a hastle and a drastic change ,only for the hope to get a couple more frames ? Thnaks for the input ,really uppreciate it :)

Well, a guy in this forum told me that would work. I downloaded windows 8.1, installed it, and the game does not stutter now. It's not about fps, i run the game with 50 fps in windows 7 too.