PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Assassin?

CyrussNP
12-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Throughout the Assassin's Creed series we've been introduced to a lot of different Assassins all with different motives, methods and ambitions. Who is your favorite Assassin and why? Please be sure to mark spoilers as I'd hate for the story to be ruined for some (especially since I haven't played AC Unity yet).

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 01:27 AM
We had a thread/poll like this already.

bgfgty66
12-20-2014, 01:34 AM
whys Shaun on there, he doesn't wear a hood.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 01:40 AM
*Has Connor as Option*

*Spells it wrong*

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 01:49 AM
Marco Polo

Pr0metheus 1962
12-20-2014, 01:57 AM

Neither does Aveline. Hey, why isn't Aveline in the poll?

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 02:14 AM
Lol, Shaun makes it to the poll, but not Aveline or Nikolai.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 02:18 AM
Can we add Assassin Shay?

Or does that not count?

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 02:20 AM

*Has Connor as Option*

*Spells it wrong*

Lol, Shaun makes it to the poll, but not Aveline or Nikolai.

*facepalms into oblivion*

Altair1789
12-20-2014, 02:21 AM
Altaïr

Element CL
12-20-2014, 02:44 AM
Ezio is the best character for no other reason than he got so many titles, and had a lot of story to be developed in.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 02:46 AM
Ezio is the best character for no other reason than he got so many titles, and had a lot of story to be developed in.
Even that couldn't save him from being quite mediocre when compared to how much development Altair and Edward got in just one game but yes, agreed. If it ended in AC II, no one would have really remembered Ezio.

Element CL
12-20-2014, 03:44 AM
They were cool but didn't have as many dimensions. Ezio had a love interest, lots of family relations, was pretty heavily involved in the purpose of the Assassins, and a progression through age that was interesting to see. He met a lot of figures, did some feuding that went beyond simple revenge. He did a lot more considering of his adversaries than anyone else which I think was a particularly engaging aspect.

Also, he literally put the cream in coffee, dont forget that.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 03:59 AM

I like you...

You should come more often. ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 04:03 AM

^ This.

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 04:14 AM
Altair and ToKW Connor

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 04:18 AM
Altair and ToKW Connor

Why TOKW Connor?

I liked him because he was less naive and had changed a little.

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Why TOKW Connor?

Because dem abs yo

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 04:39 AM
Because dem abs yo

Don't forget those blue eyes. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Don't forget those blue eyes. :rolleyes:

Shhhh.

Don't let the fangirls here you say that. They'll come rushing in swooning all over the place :rolleyes:

Dem tumblr girls yo :p

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Shhhh.

Don't let the fangirls here you say that. They'll come rushing in swooning all over the place :rolleyes:

Dem tumblr girls yo :p

*Whispers* Gotcha. ;)

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Why TOKW Connor?

I don't care about main game Connor but ToKW Connor was a tiny bit more interesting because he had a dark side. I just wish they had done more with it.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 06:25 AM
I don't care about main game Connor but ToKW Connor was a tiny bit more interesting because he had a dark side. I just wish they had done more with it.

True, he was a lot more violent and blood thirsty in TOKW.

I liked it. Added a different side to him.

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 06:43 AM
True, he was a lot more violent and blood thirsty in TOKW.

I liked it. Added a different side to him.

I don't know about more violent. He was already pretty violent in the main game. He was more corruptible though, which made him interesting. He kinda-sorta had these memories of the events of AC3, like his mother's death, which made him more protective and determined. He was obsessed with vengeance in the main game, but in Tyranny he showed signs of genuine addiction, like when he prevented Kanénto:kon from drinking the magic potion. He said it was for his own protection, but the way he said it made it clear that it was more about wanting all that power for himself. In the main game he was just a man and felt inadequate to stop the invaders. In ToKW he suddenly had supernatural powers and knew he could do more.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-20-2014, 06:46 AM
I don't know about more violent. He was already pretty violent in the main game. He was more corruptible though, which made him interesting. He kinda-sorta had these memories of the events of AC3, like his mother's death, which made him more protective and determined. He was obsessed with vengeance in the main game, but in Tyranny he showed signs of genuine addiction, like when he prevented Kanénto:kon from drinking the magic potion. He said it was for his own protection, but the way he said it made it clear that it was more about wanting all that power for himself. In the main game he was just a man and felt inadequate to stop the invaders. In ToKW he suddenly had supernatural powers and knew he could do more.

Agreed.

I think of the tea like a drug that he was getting "addicted" to and gave him a personality makeover. lol

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 06:54 AM

Hmm...you're right.

I knew violent wasn't the right word, but I like how you explained how he was more power hungry and stuff.

The antithesis of what he is in the Main game.

There was even that scene with Jefferson where he was like: "The people will get a new leader."

Jefferson corrected him, and he was like: "Yeah, the people."

Not to mention he didn't answer Washington's question before their fight about him ruling over the people and things.

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 07:13 AM
HEY! If you're gonna put modern assassins where's Bishop? :p

Oh and all that stuff about TOKW Connor is legit, if they do ever get around to doing more Connor stuff In hope they stick with that version of Connor

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 07:25 AM
HEY! If you're gonna put modern assassins where's Bishop?

I think you know my stance on that. ;)

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Hehe... It's the favourite Assassins poll again, but this one's a little different from the last ones. ;)

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 07:36 AM
I think you know my stance on that. ;)

Lol, dude I think the whole forum knows your stance on that :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Hehe... It's the favourite Assassins poll again, but this one's a little different from the last ones. ;)

Yep. ;)

Lol, dude I think the whole forum knows your stance on that :rolleyes:

I even shout from the rooftops to all who pass by about her. :cool: :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Agreed.

I think of the tea like a drug that he was getting "addicted" to and gave him a personality makeover. lol

Nah! The way he was in AC3 is the reason why I liked him in the first place. The only thing he should retain from TOKW is the sarcastic and relaxed personality, lack of naivete and the outfit.

EDIT: if he showed flashes of his dark side once in a while, that would be cool

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Nah! The way he was in AC3 is the reason why I liked him in the first place. The only thing he should retain from TOKW is the sarcastic and relaxed personality, and the outfit.

As seen from the Handbbook, he does get the TOKW outfit again. Or at least something similar to it. ;)

But yeah, I liked him the way he was in AC3 as well and that TOKW personality would be awesome.

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 07:58 AM
I even shout from the rooftops to all who pass by about her. :cool: :rolleyes:
This guy :rolleyes:

On a side note I love how Desmond gets practically no love, I find it a bit ironic.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 08:23 AM
On a side note I love how Desmond gets practically no love, I find it a bit ironic.

All his Ancestors find love but him...

Sad. :(

GoldenBoy9999
12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
As seen from the Handbbook, he does get the TOKW outfit again. Or at least something similar to it. ;)

Whaaaaaa? Really? I remember Mayrice kept saying whatever game/comic Connor is in, she wants him in his TOKW robes. I didn't think that'd work since those robes only existed in Connor and Washington's minds. I guess the explanation is Connor liked the feeling of his bare abs in winter and recreated the outfit. :rolleyes:

It's funny how a big part of this discussion is about Connor again. :p

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 08:31 AM
It's funny how a big part of this discussion is about Connor again. :p

Aw, ****.

Let's change the subject guys....

Don't want Connor War no. 15737722314722725843736836837899 on us. :rolleyes:

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Aw, ****.

Let's change the subject guys....

Don't want Connor War no. 15737722314722725843736836837899 on us. :rolleyes:

Connor sux the big one, EZIO IS DA BESTEST SSASSIN EVA!!!!!

Too late I started one already :p

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 08:40 AM
Connor sux the big one, EZIO IS DA BESTEST SSASSIN EVA!!!!!

Too late I started one already :p

No! Altair is best Assassin eva :p

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 08:45 AM

*Slowly Claps*

I second this. :)

GoldenBoy9999
12-20-2014, 08:48 AM
*Slowly Claps*

I second this. :)

So you and Kiwi like Altair, huh?

Edit: Wait, Mayrice said Altair too. Altair is my least favorite main game protagonist. I feel like I'm missing something. :p

I suppose mine's Connor but he's had great competition lately.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 08:52 AM
So you and Kiwi like Altair, huh?

Edit: Wait, Mayrice said Altair too. Altair is my least favorite main game protagonist. I feel like I'm missing something. :p

I suppose mine's Connor but he's had great competition lately.

Altaïr's your least favorite? Why?

Just curious.

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Did I say Altair? I mean Connor.... errr! I mean Arno is.... forget them, Edward is coz he a pirate...

Only characters with kreezma are good enough here. Everybody else too bland and boring ;)

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Only characters with kreezma are good enough here. Everybody else too bland and boring ;)

Ezio is better than the others because we saw him sleep with a girl.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ANDRIS-BIEDRINS-FREE-THROW.gif

:rolleyes:

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 09:04 AM

NOPE, Ezio is funny and gets all da gurls dat make him da cooliest and greatest assassin eva :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
12-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Altaïr's your least favorite? Why?

Just curious.

I don't have many good reasons at all. I must've beat the game 3 years ago and haven't played it since because I gave it to a friend.

I'm going off of my 11 year old memory and when I think of Altair I just imagine a boring-talking person. Characters don't have to have lots of charisma for me to like them, but my memory of Altair has an absence of it.

I listen to every bit of dialogue with the protags and I like their jokes, their interesting conversations, and interactions with other characters. Altair was very wise so I'm sure he had some interesting conversations but I can't recall any good ones and his voice was unappealing (all on memory here.) Altair had many talks with Al Mualim but those interest me far less than Shay's talks with Liam and the Assassins, Connor and Achilles, Connor and Haytham, Edward and his friends, or even Arno and Elise. Maybe Altair's talks were too much about specifically the Assassins or just his targets, instead of more general life. Not to mention, they were both stationary or walking slowly when something exciting or even a change in scenery occurred in these other talks I mentioned.

I've been wanting to buy AC1 as it's the only one I don't own, and I could do so with my Christmas money. I could just watch one of those cutscene movie things also. I really want my opinion to be changed, I want to love Altair as much as I love all the others, equally.

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Ezio is better than the others because we saw him sleep with a girl.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ANDRIS-BIEDRINS-FREE-THROW.gif

:rolleyes:

There you go! I want an Ezio, Nathan Drake, Deadpool, Prince and Haytham in every AC game. :p

Hood2theBurbs
12-20-2014, 09:08 AM
there you go! I want an ezio, nathan drake, deadpool, prince and haytham in every ac game. :p

best ac game ever. Hire this person ubi!!!

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't have many good reasons at all. I must've beat the game 3 years ago and haven't played it since because I gave it to a friend.

I'm going off of my 11 year old memory and when I think of Altair I just imagine a boring-talking person. Characters don't have to have lots of charisma for me to like them, but my memory of Altair has an absence of it.

I listen to every bit of dialogue with the protags and I like their jokes, their interesting conversations, and interactions with other characters. Altair was very wise so I'm sure he had some interesting conversations but I can't recall any good ones and his voice was unappealing (all on memory here.) Altair had many talks with Al Mualim but those interest me far less than Shay's talks with Liam and the Assassins, Connor and Achilles, Connor and Haytham, Edward and his friends, or even Arno and Elise. Maybe Altair's talks were too much about specifically the Assassins or just his targets, instead of more general life. Not to mention, they were both stationary or walking slowly when something exciting or even a change in scenery occurred in these other talks I mentioned.

I've been wanting to buy AC1 as it's the only one I don't own, and I could do so with my Christmas money. I could just watch one of those cutscene movie things also. I really want my opinion to be changed, I want to love Altair as much as I love all the others, equally.

Yeah, I understand...but you have to understand he was strict to his duty.

More than any Assassin after him, and I like that.

He talks more about life and his personal one in his codex and book though.

Give them a try. ;)

There you go! I want an Ezio, Nathan Drake, Deadpool, Prince and Haytham in every AC game. :p

Have them speak with an Italian accent with a James Bond personality.

Money = Made :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 09:11 AM
I also want an AC game with lots of light-hearted moments and love stories. I want to see more snogging and sex scenes.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 09:14 AM
I also want an AC game with lots of light-hearted moments and love stories. I want to see more snogging and sex scenes.

Sex Scenes = Love Story

Boom! Make it happen Ubi! ;)

king-hailz
12-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Omg finally I have been waiting for a poll like this tho! I voted ezio but as long as ezio altair Connor or Edward win I will be fine...

HeJePi
12-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Adéwalé for me ...

... and his famous blunderbuss :D

Pr0metheus 1962
12-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Seems like the hipsters are out in force, voting for Altair when they probably never even played AC1. Altair has to be the coolest, because he was first. That's why Star Wars episode one is best, right hipsters? LOL.

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 02:46 PM
Seems like the hipsters are out in force, voting for Altair when they probably never even played AC1. Altair has to be the coolest, because he was first. That's why Star Wars episode one is best, right hipsters? LOL.

Oh stop the incessant whining.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Ezio had a love interest
That we see 5 minutes of in AC II, is then spontaneously rendered the love of his life the following game where we see him stalk her and sexually harass her.

lots of family relations,
Mario....and? how does that add anything to the character?

was pretty heavily involved in the purpose of the Assassins
No, he wasnt. For the entirety of AC II, he was out for revenge and then when he finally becomes a proper Assassin, he ****s it up again by sparing Rodrigo (If you're now a devoted Assassin and grew out of revenge, you wouldnt just leave the most dangerous man in Europe alive, not to mention that it's dumb to just go all over Italy killing people and then stop at the very last one...the one who started it all. That's pretty idiotic, not mature) in ACB, he was going to just retire but is only pushed to continued fighting against the Borgia because they killed his uncle and destroyed his Villa, so again revenge and then in ACR, he was on a personal quest for answers, which takes him to Istanbul, where he meddles in politics that he had no concern with, which causes a friggin civil war.

and a progression through age that was interesting to see.
Oh yeah, it was very interesting to watch his beard grow.

He met a lot of figures
That does nothing

did some feuding that went beyond simple revenge.
The ONLY times he killed people not for revenge was when he was the personal hitman of Prince Suleiman and Lorenzo and in sequences 12 and 13 of AC II.

He did a lot more considering of his adversaries than anyone else which I think was a particularly engaging aspect.
All the Assassins did a lot, which again, accomplishment has no impact on character development, except if it's supposed to make them become arrogant and then become humble, which it didnt with Ezio.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Oh stop the incessant whining.
ignore him. He's not worth it.

CyrussNP
12-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Also, he LITERALLY PUT THE CREAM IN COFFEE, dont forget that.

Exactly! Also sorry for my omission of Aveline, I was actually pretty sauced when I made the poll, which would also explain my misspelling of Connor, you jerks. (also spell check changed Connor to Conner :P)

But yeah, Ezio is definitely the most developed of the Assassin's we've played as. He was charming throughout but I liked how he matured as a character. He went from flamboyant and brash to a more thoughtful leader type to a contemplative elder Assassin who had began to think deeply on the Assassin's Creed and how it applied to his own life.

Connor had a lot of potential but in the end he just came across as whiny and obsessed when he wasn't stoic and boring. Shay would be on the list if he were an Assassin still, but I guess I should do a Favorite Templars poll too.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Connor had a lot of potential but in the end he just came across as whiny and obsessed when he wasn't stoic and boring.
When did he ever whine? it's like nobody payed attention to the friggin game.

CyrussNP
12-20-2014, 08:13 PM
That we see 5 minutes of in AC II, is then spontaneously rendered the love of his life the following game where we see him stalk her and sexually harass her.

Mario....and? how does that add anything to the character?

No, he wasnt. For the entirety of AC II, he was out for revenge and then when he finally becomes a proper Assassin, he ****s it up again by sparing Rodrigo (If you're now a devoted Assassin and grew out of revenge, you wouldnt just leave the most dangerous man in Europe alive, not to mention that it's dumb to just go all over Italy killing people and then stop at the very last one...the one who started it all. That's pretty idiotic, not mature) in ACB, he was going to just retire but is only pushed to continued fighting against the Borgia because they killed his uncle and destroyed his Villa, so again revenge and then in ACR, he was on a personal quest for answers, which takes him to Istanbul, where he meddles in politics that he had no concern with, which causes a friggin civil war.

That does nothing

The ONLY times he killed people not for revenge was when he was the personal hitman of Prince Suleiman and Lorenzo and in sequences 12 and 13 of AC II.

All the Assassins did a lot, which again, accomplishment has no impact on character development, except if it's supposed to make them become arrogant and then become humble, which it didnt with Ezio.

You're nitpicking. Ezio had experienced and accomplished more than any of the other Assassins, that's not opinion it's fact. His personality was a lot more interesting than most of the others as well.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 08:18 PM
You're nitpicking. Ezio had experienced and accomplished more than any of the other Assassins, that's not opinion it's fact. His personality was a lot more interesting than most of the others as well.
Stop being such a fanboy. if you're going to reply to arguments, do so like an adult. Your pretty little opinion is no more fact than mine.

GunnerGalactico
12-20-2014, 08:41 PM
But yeah, Ezio is definitely the most developed of the Assassin's we've played as. He was charming throughout but I liked how he matured as a character. He went from flamboyant and brash to a more thoughtful leader type to a contemplative elder Assassin who had began to think deeply on the Assassin's Creed and how it applied to his own life.

Connor had a lot of potential but in the end he just came across as whiny and obsessed when he wasn't stoic and boring. Shay would be on the list if he were an Assassin still, but I guess I should do a Favorite Templars poll too.

It is really laughable how it all boils down to the personality at the end of the day. No other reason really :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
12-20-2014, 08:43 PM

http://oi57.tinypic.com/rbbbjm.jpg

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 08:49 PM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/rbbbjm.jpg
coolness

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 10:51 PM
But yeah, Ezio is definitely the most developed

Riiiggghht...because his three games to everyone else's one is fair. :rolleyes:

The only game he truly developed was Revelations. But somehow it took him to become an old man in his THIRD game to learn what the others did in one game. -__-

And no, I'm not an Ezio hater.

Connor had a lot of potential but in the end he just came across as whiny and obsessed when he wasn't stoic and boring.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/facepalm/grand/star-trek-picard-facepalm-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1381.gif

Minsooky
12-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Connor because I liked the way he fought the most, felt I could relate to him the most, I liked his personality (I prefer introverts over extroverts)...and dem abs (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But who is this Conner guy tho

Megas_Doux
12-21-2014, 03:00 PM
The legendary Altair!

Shahkulu101
12-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Connor or Edward. Can't decide, love both characters. I relate to them quite strongly.