PDA

View Full Version : Without Spoilers - How much modern day in Unity?

wickywoowoo
12-19-2014, 10:54 PM
I won't get to start Unity until early January at the earliest and I've seen bits here and there on the forum about the lack of modern day in Unity but quickly changed so I don't get spoilers for the game.

So - without spoilers - what level of coverage does modern day get? Is it totally non-existent or is it hidden away in text files and stuff? Can someone do a comparison to previous AC games for the level? Just trying to figure out how disappointed I'll be, lol.

Shahkulu101
12-19-2014, 10:56 PM
None.

/thread

marvelfannumber
12-19-2014, 10:57 PM
It's there once upon a blue moon, but the rare time it is there it doesn't accomplish anything.

Namikaze_17
12-19-2014, 10:57 PM
None.

/thread

Bishop.

/thread

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Jack****

Megas_Doux
12-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Cero patatero!
Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

wickywoowoo
12-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Not really the answers I was looking for, lol. So there are no Juno text or audio files? No real mention of Abstergo or anything? I am not trying to start a negative about Unity thread, just get some idea without having the whole game ruined, lol.

Hans684
12-19-2014, 11:04 PM
There is a few text files from Abstergo and one from Juno, then there is Bishop and an explosion. The explosion you will understand if you played Rogue but chronologically it's Unity before Rogue. Good enough?

wickywoowoo
12-19-2014, 11:09 PM
There is a few text files from Abstergo and one from Juno, then there is Bishop and an explosion. The explosion you will understand if you played Rogue but chronologically it's Unity before Rogue. Good enough?

I wasn't criticising the replies, I was just saying I was hoping there would be a bit more modern day. Sorry.

RA503
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
You only have videos in the begining of the game of a woman ''bishop'' telling you about the new project of abstergo and your objective in the game,between some sequences she put you in another time periods to escape abstergo vigilance, after that, you can locate the helix rift in the map and play a minigame to unlock data for the assassins the ''assassins intel''.

some assassins intel you unlock saving the assassins in rift missions give insight about abstergo intentions with the helix, and the last one(because all is unlocked in order) is a really cool one when juno reveal is ultimate evil plan to his followers(I don't spoil it)... keep in mind that is all in text only,in this way, rogue is better tham unity.

hope this information help you.

Altair1789
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
There wasn't really anything, just a lazy comprimise between modern day and no modern day

Hans684
12-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I wasn't criticising the replies, I was just saying I was hoping there would be a bit more modern day. Sorry.

I get it, you asked if there was any MD. I simply said what there was, it's disappointing. You will understand when playing the last memory, good luck. We're on the same boat except I didn't hope for it since I didn't expect more MD. I don't hope for stuff I don't see as a possibility, but Unity takes the cake.

Hans684
12-19-2014, 11:19 PM
To put it this way, I'd rather be a flouting iPad that an initiate that can't get the eyes of the screen. The initiate("me") never left the computer, the initiate has problems. I'd recommend visiting a doctor.

JustPlainQuirky
12-19-2014, 11:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1HWQIPa.gif

Altair1789
12-19-2014, 11:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1HWQIPa.gif

This basically sums up Unity modern day

Hans684
12-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Unity is tearing everything apart.

wvstolzing
12-20-2014, 12:00 AM
MD would've been more interesting, if it were 'the' Bishop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyhMYVU31ng

MrHandsss
12-20-2014, 12:38 AM
pisses me off how many aspects ubisoft has ****ed up in regarding these games. Modern day is one of them. Killing desmond solved nothing and only made modern day worse. No modern day would remove the entire ****ing point to these games.

What we have now is a complete lack of trying or caring though. A massive middle-finger to anyone who was invested and just wants a ******* conclusion to this **** after being here since the very first game.

Hrafnagud72
12-20-2014, 12:46 AM
I get it, you asked if there was any MD. I simply said what there was, it's disappointing. You will understand when playing the last memory, good luck. We're on the same boat except I didn't hope for it since I didn't expect more MD. I don't hope for stuff I don't see as a possibility, but Unity takes the cake.

When it comes to Ubisoft I don't hope for anything anymore. I just wait to see what they are gonna ruin with whatever dumb **** they think is a good idea this year. That's why I don't buy their stuff anymore.

HamsterExAstris
12-20-2014, 06:33 AM
There is a few text files from Abstergo and one from Juno, then there is Bishop and an explosion. The explosion you will understand if you played Rogue but chronologically it's Unity before Rogue.
Says who? My understanding from the games was that Rogue comes first (both historically and modern-day).

Hans684
12-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Says who? My understanding from the games was that Rogue comes first (both historically and modern-day).

The Assassins in MD blew up the place with the Sages body, Bishop showed a video of a burning place saying the Assassins dwelt with it and in Rogue the Templars talk about what happened. So in a chronological order, Unity is before Rogue.

Historically it's Rogue before Unity

Aphex_Tim
12-20-2014, 11:26 AM
I still think this is funny.

Players: "Get rid of MD! It sucks!"
Ubi gets rid of most of MD
Players: "There's not enough MD! It sucks!"

aL_____eX
12-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Modern day was the most disappointing thing in all of Unity's flaws. From a scale from 0 to 10 it's definitely a 0. If I remember those days with Desmond in Monteriggioni or the Skyscraper mission. All these opportunities Ubisoft had to actually make it something special...

@Aphex: 'Players' are not 'players'. I personally loved the modern day thing in AC and it was the mix of modern day/history that made the mystical stuff exciting. But like the whole Connor 'war' (and that's symptomatic of how split our AC community is) there are always fans an haters of everything and Ubisoft decided to take the (wrong) way.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 11:28 AM

"The people do not know what they want, that's why they look to men like us." :rolleyes:

~ Grandmaster Nami

Eduard413
12-22-2014, 05:04 AM
absolutely nothing happens in Unity's Modern Day, Ubisoft killed the story totally
there is only one stupid video and text messages with only 2 of them are interesting that are about Juno + one picture of some really really old ancestor from Mesopotamia or from somewhere , it really sucks there are only text messages - in AC4, / ACRogue there were cutscenes and dialogs, when we hacked some computers yes we got the extra text messages for the story but It was ok because there was a gameplay in the present + there were a lot of audio recordings too
I really still can't believe how is this possible, this series used to have such great story in Modern Day, in AC4 the progression was really slow but it still continued in the story and you could see what happens in the world, the same goes with AC Rogue but Unity? WTF?! I really, really, pray that AC Victory will bring back the story and get rid of THIS STUPID IDEA OF STUPID INITIATE, I HATE INITIATE and especially that Bishop which was never in these series,
just bring us some new 3rd person character like Desmond or go back to AC4 / ACRogue format of present day - but not this nonsense of ME BEING a player, I know I am a player, when I played as a Desmond, I was the player, I controlled him and I felt much more attached to him than to some non-existent Initiate ******bag
Amancio claimed that they done this for the newcomers so that they can understeand everything, well, I don't think so
these stupid newcomers, I don't think they know what Abstergo means, or Animus, or Pieces of Eden, or who is Shaun or whatever
I'm sorry for being so rude, I also really love Ubisoft and AC series but I just really hope Unity was some kind of test and not a showcase of how the future games will look like
AC Rogue was much better for me and the real continuation of the series, but unfortunately, the last game with the story in the present

JustPlainQuirky
12-22-2014, 05:09 AM

Different audiences.

Namikaze_17
12-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Different audiences.

And you can't satisfy all. :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
12-22-2014, 05:27 AM
And you can't satisfy all. :rolleyes:

And thus the #1 principle of 'design by committee', and the bizarre brew they came up with.

Assassin_M
12-22-2014, 06:20 AM
There's more good story telling in AC II than there is modern day in ACU

I-Like-Pie45
12-22-2014, 06:28 AM
There's more good story telling in AC II than there is modern day in ACU

ooh snap