PDA

View Full Version : Even with Update 4 this game is still terrible

booniek
12-19-2014, 09:49 PM
I really want to love this game. The story is phenomenal, and the graphics are to die for. But on my XBOX One the buttons don't work half the time. I can tap B to dodge/parry and nothing happens. I tap X to attack and nothing happens. I try and tap the 'A' button when I'm about to get shot. it just stands there and when I do get shot from a guy with a pistol and it takes usually most of my life. And I have the highest level of armor.
What is the deal? I love Black Flag. This game is terrible. I usually have to turn the game off because of the mechanics.
Does anybody else see these problems? Is Ubisoft going to do something about it?

EmptyCrustacean
12-19-2014, 10:08 PM
I have to disagree on 'good story'. The story is rushed, poorly paced and once again the character motivations of the protagonist isn't as it should be in order to have this qualify as an actual Assassin's Creed game.

Hrafnagud72
12-20-2014, 12:32 AM
The one thing that pisses me off about the combat is when I'm trying to fight a few guys up close there is always one or two of them that continuously shoot me. You can't grab someone as a shield anymore so you pretty much just have to take the shots. If I'm getting shot from a guy far away, a rooftop scout or something, that doesn't bother me. But when the guy is right in front of me and I'm trying to fight hand to hand with 4-5 people it's damn annoying.

MrHandsss
12-20-2014, 12:43 AM
if we look past the shortcomings of the past games simply because they are older and more limited, this is probably the worst one by far.

the story sucks, the bugs are inexcusable, and there's even less MD than floating ipads. **** these *******s who just wanted to make a quick buck.

Element CL
12-20-2014, 12:47 AM
I have to disagree on 'good story'. The story is rushed, poorly paced and once again the character motivations of the protagonist isn't as it should be in order to have this qualify as an actual Assassin's Creed game.

Yes, this. Please play AC II or even the original before you judge anything after Ezio. Black Flag was decent, passable I guess. Wouldn't have been so without the whole navy battle thing.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 12:49 AM
if we look past the shortcomings of the past games simply because they are older and more limited, this is probably the worst one by far.

this. Please play AC II or even the original before you judge anything after Ezio
Hmmmmmmmmmm *Looks at AC II* eeehhhhhhhhhh still sucks, so it's still worse.

I just love how some people are literally reincarnations of Pr0m. "No, the story sucks, it's a fact" okay

Ezio sucks

STDlyMcStudpants
12-20-2014, 02:16 AM
My favorite part is when Arno won't drop a smoke bomb until you tap the button twice...and then he drops 2.. Definitely a lot of lag in commands

JustPlainQuirky
12-20-2014, 02:30 AM
The story is phenomenal

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-F7jkdY1jJR8/T6lfZ4D9tbI/AAAAAAAABHo/pHfMZD7V8Gg/s170/nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Altair1789
12-20-2014, 02:32 AM
The story is phenomenal

There is where I disagree

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 02:59 AM

None of the protagonists since Alta´r have had motivations that would qualify their respective games as "an actual AC game". Ezio was just a hooded vigilante until sequence 12 in AC2. Connor's motivation was saving his people. Edward didn't care about the Creed or the assassins until the end of the game. Aveline....who the hell even knows, she just had the robes in her room for no reason, apparently. Arno joined the order for personal revenge. Shay became a Templar. Alta´r was the only one who actually follows the Creed and is an assassin through and through. So I guess we've only had one actual Assassin's Creed game out of nine titles so far.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 03:05 AM
The story is phenomenal

http://i.imgur.com/iIM69mq.gif

None of the protagonists since Alta´r have had motivations that would qualify their respective games as "an actual AC game". Ezio was just a hooded vigilante until sequence 12 in AC2. Connor's motivation was saving his people. Edward didn't care about the Creed or the assassins until the end of the game. Aveline....who the hell even knows, she just had the robes in her room for no reason, apparently. Arno joined the order for personal revenge. Shay became a Templar. Alta´r was the only one who actually follows the Creed and is an assassin through and through. So I guess we've only had one actual Assassin's Creed game out of nine titles so far.

What about Adewale or Nikolai?

But I agree in a way.

Assassin_M
12-20-2014, 03:06 AM
Who even decides what "qualifies"? (not referring to you, Sixkeys) If an Assassin starts out following a devoted soldier and the game ends with them being a devoted soldier....what's the point? where's the journey? Ezio starts out hunting people who wronged his family for revenge but then grows out of it into a proper Assassin (as ****ed up as that was in AC II's ending), Connor starts out wanting freedom for his people but then extends it to everyone around him, becoming a personification of the Creed by putting the good of others first, Edward learns from his mistakes and those around him (as late as it may have been) that money doesn't make a man of quality but fighting for a cause and finding ones place in the world, he finds that pace with the Assassins. Aveline is pushed to becoming an Assassin because of what she saw around her, she's a product of her harsh surroundings. It's all about the journey and how it shapes the protagonist.

SixKeys
12-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Who even decides what "qualifies"? (not referring to you, Sixkeys) If an Assassin starts out following a devoted soldier and the game ends with them being a devoted soldier....what's the point? where's the journey? Ezio starts out hunting people who wronged his family for revenge but then grows out of it into a proper Assassin (as ****ed up as that was in AC II's ending), Connor starts out wanting freedom for his people but then extends it to everyone around him, becoming a personification of the Creed by putting the good of others first, Edward learns from his mistakes and those around him (as late as it may have been) that money doesn't make a man of quality but fighting for a cause and finding ones place in the world, he finds that pace with the Assassins. Aveline is pushed to becoming an Assassin because of what she saw around her, she's a product of her harsh surroundings. It's all about the journey and how it shapes the protagonist.

My point exactly. People like to claim Arno and Edward weren't "true assassins" because they didn't believe in the order's cause until the end of the game, but have no problem accepting Ezio who ALSO didn't care about the order until the end of the game. The only reason Ezio gets a pass is because people liked him and because he got more than one game.

This "such-and-such game is not a 'true' AC game" mentality is such BS.

Namikaze_17
12-20-2014, 06:20 AM
My point exactly. People like to claim Arno and Edward weren't "true assassins" because they didn't believe in the order's cause until the end of the game, but have no problem accepting Ezio who ALSO didn't care about the order until the end of the game. The only reason Ezio gets a pass is because people liked him and because he got more than one game.

This "such-and-such game is not a 'true' AC game" mentality is such BS.

At this point, what is and what isn't an Assassin is entirely to one's opinion.

Regardless of how much the story says otherwise.

It may be ****ed up, but there you go.

Jackdaw951
12-20-2014, 07:07 AM
I really want to love this game. The story is phenomenal, and the graphics are to die for. But on my XBOX One the buttons don't work half the time. I can tap B to dodge/parry and nothing happens. I tap X to attack and nothing happens. I try and tap the 'A' button when I'm about to get shot. it just stands there and when I do get shot from a guy with a pistol and it takes usually most of my life. And I have the highest level of armor.
What is the deal? I love Black Flag. This game is terrible. I usually have to turn the game off because of the mechanics.
Does anybody else see these problems? Is Ubisoft going to do something about it?

Not really, no. There is some lag, but you should be able to perfect parry most of the time. Attack and dodge work fine for me too. Also, the solution for getting shot, other than being a damage sponge, is to break the shooter's line of sight. Like run around a corner, and turn around. Attackers chase you, but then you have the upper hand for a short time. Smoke bombs help, when they don't lag too badly. (Often they do.) To prevent that with smoke bombs, if you're going to rely on them, drop one at the beginning of the fight, just before the crowd of bad guys gets to you. Slaughter until it starts to clear; drop another one while you still have some cover and the nearby guys are still incapacitated. Rinse and repeat. With the right gear, you can hold as many as 13 smoke bombs. And they're cheap, unlike medicine.