PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice performance improvements? I don't

that-acmilan-guy
12-19-2014, 09:18 PM
I was hoping the patch 4 will improve the performance of the game, but honestly, if there was no version number in the pause menu, I could swear I couldn't tell the difference. What is so weird about the game. I get only 5FPS improvement from Low to Ultra which is around 38 to 45 fps on average. Why am I not getting any meaniful improvement in performance when I play on low?

Intel core i7 4790K
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 970

Xazbot
12-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I was hoping the patch 4 will improve the performance of the game, but honestly, if there was no version number in the pause menu, I could swear I couldn't tell the difference. What is so weird about the game. I get only 5FPS improvement from Low to Ultra which is around 38 to 45 fps on average. Why am I not getting any meaniful improvement in performance when I play on low?

Intel core i7 4790K
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 970

Same here with pretty much same framerate

i7 3770
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 770

DanonMight
12-19-2014, 09:51 PM
When walking on streets i have like 10 fps lower than 1.3..... on rooftops fps is nearly the same.

RVSage
12-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Nope .. No improvements.. except selected story missions.. and selected map locations... I madde a video of my 970.. feeling let down :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQbJsjmrAlo&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13yfltqnrqvivebn04cjfty4yu4x5ij v4k

Blackred689
12-19-2014, 11:18 PM

Intel core i7 4790K
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 970

If you just select Ultra you get MSAAx4 by default which cripples the game. Use FXAA and the rest ultra.

Blackred689
12-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Nope .. No improvements.. except selected story missions.. and selected map locations... I madde a video of my 970.. feeling let down :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQbJsjmrAlo&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13yfltqnrqvivebn04cjfty4yu4x5ij v4k

You have the CPU maxed out there mate, its must be causing some issues. Generally the CPU should be 30-60% usage in Unity

What's causing it I don't know. On another forum there's a guy with the same issue. Maybe a installation issue.

edit: added some shots of typical usage
http://i.imgur.com/SRJOgYG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AuZSZlg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QO0z0Jh.jpg

Newer i5 and i7 perform better than mine, be shown to be 30-40ish on other pc forums I go on, mine is 40-70, sometimes one core in the 80s

D51-ClaudioACSy
12-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I think you have problems with your computer mate. It's so strange...

RVSage
12-20-2014, 03:46 AM
You have the CPU maxed out there mate, its must be causing some issues. Generally the CPU should be 30-60% usage in Unity

What's causing it I don't know. On another forum there's a guy with the same issue. Maybe a installation issue.

edit: added some shots of typical usage

Newer i5 and i7 perform better than mine, be shown to be 30-40ish on other pc forums I go on, mine is 40-70, sometimes one core in the 80s

Should I make a clean re install???

RVSage
12-20-2014, 05:56 AM

And one more request can you link me to this other forums.. may be i can get more info and look to solve the problem.. I am making downloading a fresh install already

RVSage
12-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey guys resolved the issue..
I had a motherboard bios update a couple of days back.. It did not change my CPU OC settings...But today I found out that it had reset my RAM clock to 1333 Mhz.. While I thought it was running at 21333Mhz.....
So all my values were wrong... I was running with almost a GHz slower clock w.r.t to my memory.. So I updated my memory speed..

And here are the results

1. Consistent 55-60 FPS at most places
2. 45 FPS + at crowded areas like Notre dame...
3. Max of 80

Note: No change to my CPU utilization.. ran few CPU tests...My CPU is perfectly fine.. cross verified.. official passmark scores for my processor with my own scores..I guess my CPU is being utilized well

D51-ClaudioACSy
12-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm happy for you mate !!

I hope that more other PC players will look better their config and try to solve their own problems instead of saying that the only guilty is the game. I'm not saying this for the SLI guys of course ;)

nevio_m
12-20-2014, 01:39 PM
Actually the stuttering got WORSE for me after applying the patch. :mad:

USAdystopia
12-20-2014, 06:15 PM
I had a motherboard bios update a couple of days back.. It did not change my CPU OC settings...But today I found out that it had reset my RAM clock to 1333 Mhz.. While I thought it was running at 21333Mhz.....
So all my values were wrong... I was running with almost a GHz slower clock w.r.t to my memory.. So I updated my memory speed..

And here are the results

3. Max of 80

Note: No change to my CPU utilization.. ran few CPU tests...My CPU is perfectly fine.. cross verified.. official passmark scores for my processor with my own scores..I guess my CPU is being utilized well

Welcome PC gamer.

Blackred689
12-20-2014, 06:48 PM

And here are the results

3. Max of 80

Good that you solved it. Weird that the CPU is the same reading.

For one task like rendering graphics or encoding video you want the most utilization but running system and game date should be 30-70%

Funny though, I notice a lot of blaming going on, they blast whoever, make videos and threads and posts then come back later saying, "oh I reinstalled windows runs great now, reinstalled the drivers, runs great I tried High instead of ultra, runs fine now that I not killing my vram, forgot I changed the Bios, I had this crap plugged in". They do a lot of diservice to pc gaming.

greymann17
12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
I have noticed something today that I wonder if others have seen. Running through Uplay, the performance seems to vary quite a bit by what day or what time of day I'm on. During the week when most of you are at work, I'm retired, I get satisfactory fps with no stuttering or freezes. Today, Saturday, I am getting periods of 5-15 fps along with stuttering, you know where the lady's dresses keep flipping up while you are walking along, as well as freezes that I hadn't seen since 1.1.

Blackred689
12-21-2014, 05:05 AM

And here are the results

3. Max of 80

I watched your latest video and there's a change in the CPU utilization. Before you were wedged up to maximum usage and stuttering like crazy using 99-100% across 4 cores, having a CPU maxed out is not good. The new video shows you in the 80 and 90%, not all 4 cores maxed out. that is much different.

Also the biggest telling thing is for a moment your CPU does max out and guess what you see, major stutter. Your changes have helped your CPU not be 100% maxed at all times like your were before. how you can say the there's no change is baffling.

Still you should know that the norm for this game is 30-70% usage, you're close to the ceiling being at 80-90% but have just enough room. Pegged at 99-100% will cause issues.

IMDBestFckDRest
12-21-2014, 07:27 AM
When walking on streets i have like 10 fps lower than 1.3..... on rooftops fps is nearly the same.

Gosh seriously, same **** here, i was getting stable 55-60 FPS with 1.3 and now its like 45-55 :(( FCK UBI!!

IMDBestFckDRest
12-21-2014, 07:35 AM

And here are the results

3. Max of 80

Well even my CPU Usage with i5 2500K OC to 4.7ghz is 90-100% most of the time but i get stable 55-60 fps with patch 1.3 and 46-60 fps with patch 1.4 lol

naumaan
12-21-2014, 07:41 AM

Intel core i7 4790K
8GB RAM
Geforce GTX 970

I am having the same problem .. tho I made a ticket but they bugged me off by saying that my card is not supported .. if they can help you with it .. i am glad and i want to hear more ..