PDA

View Full Version : A big Thanks to the Hendrix Estate and RS Team for Jimi Hendrix DLC, esp. Purple Haze

oldgeezer99
12-19-2014, 03:52 PM
I just wanted to say thanks so much to the Hendrix Estate and RS Team for bringing Jimi's hits to Rocksmith.

I bought Purple Haze, Fire and Foxey Lady, have enjoyed them a lot so far. Especially Purple Haze, you guys at RS did a GREAT job on that; using riff repeater on main header (2nd chunk in timeline), going from 18% to 94% last night was one of the best guitar experiences I've ever had. Your programming, how you added the notes, then slides, is a masterpiece in teaching us newer guitar players how to play this iconic legendary riff. Thank you! :)

Great to play iconic riffs like Purple Haze for the first time, and take an hour to learn it the right way, was a super experience. I'm 50, it was priceless to see the expression on my wife and teen daughter's face as I got up to speed on Purple Haze, they're like ok you're cool you can rock. Thanks to RS and the Hendrix estate for licensing this classic, big epic Win for everyone. Happy holidays to all -- riffing Purple Haze like a boss, super experience. A+

KinchBlade
12-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Nice!

flynlion
12-19-2014, 07:25 PM
:)

Now you gotta try Jimi with alternate tuning! :p

Gozer65
12-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Cool post. And I agree. For the first time playing in front of my brother I saw his face light up as I got closer and closer to sounding like the Reckitt.

Hopefully we'll get some more of Jimi Hendrix works.

oldgeezer99
12-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I took an hour+ last night to learn the main riff for "Foxey Lady", tons of fun. And my family was impressed, like "wow he's a real guitar player". Big thx to all for bringing these to RS, they rock. So much better than that newfangled music. Gimme Hendrix any day. woot. :)

Risen72
12-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Great thread and I couldn't agree more. This game/teaching tool is fantastic and music to learn like this keeps the inspiration at an 11!

Uromastyx63
12-24-2014, 04:29 AM
51 here, same boat! Wife is sick with the flu, so I'm quietly leveling up. Hopefully I'll hit a solid 80%+ before she's able to join in on the bass.
Jimi is going to keep us occupied for quite a while. Well done, Team Rocksmith!

Malkorum
12-24-2014, 05:27 AM
Add another voice to the thank you chorus.

Hendrix was the reason I wanted to pick up a guitar in the first place and to actually be able to play his songs has been amazing.

Best DLC pack by far for me, I can't thank Ubisoft SF enough for this.

ZumaRocks
12-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Yup, me too. Bought the whole pack, have only had time for one run through the E Standard songs but it's a long winter coming up and I'm looking forward to working through the whole pack. At 56, I think it might be time to start sorting by year.

C.Linton
12-25-2014, 05:48 AM
Unfortunately for me, I have to wait until I get paid Jan.1 before I can enjoy the Hendrix DLC, on top of which I have to get a new RealTone cable cuz the old one died on me. Oh well, it's only a week or so, I can hang that long, I think.

infocat1
12-28-2014, 07:14 AM
I hope the Hendrix estate can't sue me for destroying his songs while attempting to play them.
:o

flynlion
12-28-2014, 07:31 AM
I hope the Hendrix estate can't sue me for destroying his songs while attempting to play them.
:o

Naahhh....Jimi woulda dug it. And the folks at the Hendrix estate seem to know that :)

RussG081410
12-30-2014, 01:17 AM
I don't kknow if he would like what I'm doing to his tunes lol. I have a new found respect for his playing. I have managed to get 100+ percent on Audioslave Rage Boston and a few others. Not that I'm all that but, This stuff is hard!!! It's awesome!!!

Uncle Dead1y
12-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes, I am also finding these very challenging! Not just because Rocksmith counts almost all my string bends as 'misses' for some damn infuriating reason I can't work out (Yes I'm playing them right and on time, I get almost all the non-bent notes and about a 3rd of the string bends but it appears to be a bit random, one time on the fire solo I got 100% on riff repeater, then playing again identically the next pass said I missed them all, so I do know it's not me).
I got 94% on Purple haze after 4 tries, but Fire I can't get above 76%!!! I swear I'd do better if it didn't miss all my bends, but even without them I'm apparently missing loads of notes in the chorus (even though it sounds ok - again, riff repeater I'm only missing 5 or 6 notes per chorus). And I really wish it wouldn't go lowering the difficulty on me, that is driving me mad having to put it back up to 100% every 3rd or 4th try, but yeah, these are great, and very challenging!

flynlion
12-30-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't kknow if he would like what I'm doing to his tunes lol. I have a new found respect for his playing. I have managed to get 100+ percent on Audioslave Rage Boston and a few others. Not that I'm all that but, This stuff is hard!!! It's awesome!!!

He may not have loved your playing (or mine) but I think he woulda dug that we're all having so much fun with his music. By all accounts Jimi had a great sense o' humor LoL

colemanuk_82
01-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Just brought my first Hendrix album because of this dlc. Think it's going to take me a long long time to be able to play any of these remotely well!