PDA

View Full Version : Does the patch 4 fix crash issue ?

naumaan
12-19-2014, 01:40 PM
I am currently downloading it .. 2 gbs remaining ... and I want to know

Darrecky
12-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Well, before patch ACU runs fine, now Ive got nice crash after UBI logo and splash screens. Game minimize itself to nav bar, I can hear the sounds and its etating over 90% of CPU time. My mouse cursor is gone, but keyboards work fine. I can not maximize the game with alt-tab sequence and its is showing as "not responding" in task manager. All I can do is to kill it, then system is alive again . GREAT WORK UBI!!

GhostAssassinLT
12-19-2014, 09:07 PM
I also installed the patch and I have the same problems as Darrecky. The game is unplayable after patching.
Do not patch the game until UBI fixes this fix.....:mad:

DanonMight
12-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Crash during the game can be solved by removing AC.exe and repairing the game through uplay. Crash after UBI logo is solved by installing latest nvidia BETA drivers. Don't know about AMD users.

TheMadGamerMan
12-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Will the 1.4 update fix the mouse sensitivity?. It's too fast. Sensitivity menu options don't help..

GhostAssassinLT
12-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Yeah, nVidia Betadriver solved my issue as well.

Please UBI put information in the download dialogue box that people who get kicked to desktop when trying to run the game after updating it should install the latest Betadrivers for nVidia or Omegadrivers for AMD cards.

That would make a lot easier for people who don't know about/use this forum.

JohnConnor2012
12-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Loading AMD Omega did nothing for me. Still getting ACU.exe fail here.

DanonMight
12-19-2014, 09:48 PM
@John did you tried looking at AMD forums, they may have a fix already there.
BTW 1.4 destroyed the game for me and reduced FPS playing on Ultra by half at least when I am walking at the street level. So much for Refurbishing Paris map for PC...

JohnConnor2012
12-19-2014, 11:13 PM
I got it working by verifying files. Shouldn't have wasted my time. Sequence 7.3 still broken for me. I'm uninstalling and will never pre-order from Ubi again.

GhostAssassinLT
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, even though the Betadriver for nVidia fixed AC Unity it killed all sound in Assassin's Creed 2, which I'm currently playing, for some reason.

I was using the HDMI from my video card to output sound from the built-in speakers in my monitor, but using the betadriver AC 2 was dead silent.
When checking sound in the control panel I would hear sound, but nothing in AC 2, so I had to download the driver for my XtremeGamer from Creative, which took ages due to their sucky bandwidth (20 kB/sec, wtf!).
Having reinstalled the driver for my XtremeGamer I now have it working again and I can finally play AC 2 with sound.

KmarkoPL
12-20-2014, 04:15 AM
For me since patch 3 and 4 , game crashes randomly during game play
Really Ubi screwed up the game really bad !!

nevio_m
12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
After patch 4, actually i have WORSE stuttering issue than before.