PDA

View Full Version : Use SLI - DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH 4

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Putting out a warning to hopefully help folks with SLI who haven't yet downloaded patch 4. It breaks SLI introduces very bad flickering, If you use SLI, then i recommend NOT TO DOWNLOAD PATCH 4 until Ubisoft fix it (probably in the New Year now).

UPDATE:

I've added a video to demonstrate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTb1hNaJXqs&feature=youtu.be

cooly08_
12-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Too late for me and I have texture flickering (all the water is flickering).

:(

dawidopera
12-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Yea...horrile flickering and poor performance. What fps do You have guys with SLI in crowded areas??

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 12:14 PM
I get a stable 60fps in crowds using FXAA and everything else on full @ 1440p using two 980's. Disabling SLI I can get a stable (ish) 60fps setting everythinf on full using FXAA and normal shadows at 1080p.

skydeaner
12-19-2014, 12:22 PM
damn it, patch 3 wasn't even this bad. Now how do I get rid of it? This was supposed to be a christmas present to my son. WTF am I supposed to do now. Tell him, "Here's your new assassin's creed buddy, but you can't play it for a while because ubi keeps ****ing **** up

It has to be a tiny problem. It's not like it can't be replicated. as far as I know it happens on EVERY sli config. So it should be easy finding a fix. Even if we have to shut off something for now, or do an xml edit or something. Throw us a ******* bone.

skydeaner
12-19-2014, 12:28 PM
has anyone been successful in getting a refund yet? Do I have to call ubisoft or call who I bought it from or what? I'm never touching another ubisoft product again.

ecocrash
12-19-2014, 01:21 PM
Putting out a warning to hopefully help folks with SLI who haven't yet downloaded patch 4. It breaks SLI introduces very bad flickering, If you use SLI, then i recommend NOT TO DOWNLOAD PATCH 4 until Ubisoft fix it (probably in the New Year now)

Does this apply to dual GPU cards which I think also use Crossfire and which afaik, can't be switched just to one GPU?

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Does this apply to dual GPU cards which I think also use Crossfire and which afaik, can't be switched just to one GPU?

I'm not sure what effect the patch has on dual GPU's or Crossfire, sorry.

Speedy_PC
12-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Why is Ubisoft upsetting a lot people when they shouldn't release the v1.4 patch too soon, man Ubisoft no wonder your family doesn't teach you anything a lesson call 'Common Sense' because you haven't got any since the day you were born.........whatta shame.

WaR-UK
12-19-2014, 02:42 PM
i just posted this in the technical support section ,
Same for me the water in the puddles flickers like mad , its quite bad to be honest and disturbing to the eye , didn't do this before the patch 4 . come on ubi what's going on here
I guess i will just have to leave it for now as i suppose there will be no fix anytime soon , and will just have to play the free game i got from them ( far cry 4 ) until there is a fix
System ... GTX 78O SLI ,I7 3770k . using drivers 347.09 beta
Ps please fix soon , i could always disable sli i suppose but that will mean that i will have to turn the graphic setting as i play 2560x1440p or i may try older drivers .

well at least im not the only one . Damm was so looking forwards to finishing the game ......

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 02:56 PM
added a video link (see OP)

WaR-UK
12-19-2014, 03:31 PM
added a video link (see OP)

Video is of the trailer of the game not the sli flicker . :)

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Video is of the trailer of the game not the sli flicker . :)

the video is a shadowplay video I took of the SLI flicker this morning.

Harmoniser1978
12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Dang already downloaded it and have found the same problems. Looks like the said F SLI lets those guys suffer some more, and make it worse.

It is funny that I can run the game in 4k, no AA, and shadows set to high around 4k no stuttering. I have a gsync monitor so 25 FPS is doable. However stick it in SLI with 2x 980s and all hell breaks loose, FPS jump around all over the place and the stuttering is the same pre patch 4, but with added flcikering and all the problems said above.

We should not be too surprised it too them over 8 months to fix watchdogs.

SO UBISOFT WHERE IS THE LIVE UPDATE NOTES FOR SLI USERS?

Darkmantik
12-19-2014, 04:17 PM
2 days I was playing ACU with SLI 970 1440p. Had fun was nice. Today after 1.4 patch the experience is ruined, no more playable cause of that awfull water flickering, immersion totally broken. I can't believe that these guys even don't test the patch before to apply...

It's a shame and I will never buy any UBISOFT product again. NEVER. You have lost a loyal customer.

SSRaziel
12-19-2014, 11:53 PM
I can also confirm that with SLI GTX 780 Ti's, patch 4 introduces major flickering to many textures. I am using the current 347.09 beta driver from Nvidia. Hopefully this can fixed soon.

pbsec
12-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Not mine,but I love it!
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1549/699/original.jpg

Toothless Spoon
12-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah I get this using Sli. This game is a busted piece of poo. They still didn't fix the pop-in on the npc clothing also, it makes walking through the crowds annoying. They've got no hope getting me to buy another one of their products - between this and Far Cry 4 (not to mention all their previous buggy games), at this point I'm over it.

onmybikedrunk
12-20-2014, 04:12 AM
THIS IS THE LAST STRAW:

This is such a shame. Ubisoft has great games, when they work. It usually takes months upon months and some never get resolved... I should have learned my lesson when Watch_Dogs was never fully addressed, which had very similar SLI config issues. This is definitely the last straw for me. I will NEVER buy another Ubisoft game.

Ubisoft, I hope you're reading these messages. Each faulty game you put out, you lose more of your customer base.

I just wanted to add to the tally of people who have the SLI bug with patch 4. Too bad because before hand the game was running very well. My system is top notch as I'm a freelance designer that games during free time, see below:

5960X 8 Core 4.5ghz OC
32GB 2666Mhz DDR4
2 x 980 SLI
Asus x99 Deluxe

Please Ubisoft, fix this issue! If it's done in a timely manor you might gain a straws-worth of respect back from me...

- a VERY FRUSTRATED customer.

pdc1983
12-20-2014, 04:20 AM

I'm using two 280x's on cfx and I haven't seen any flickering issues. not sure about dual GPU cards like the 295X2 but I imagine it would be a similar experience. the bad news is that it doesn't seem to be using my two cards nearly as much as it should be but at least the game is playable. hope that helps.

AnhPr0
12-20-2014, 06:58 AM
I wish i read this before downloading patch 4. Now my AC unity wont even start. This is just ridiculous! last year i was totally hyped up for this game, and a month after its release, i still cant play this game. Ubisoft, I play and enjoy the AC franchise ALOT. despite how poor the first game was, i enjoyed the others like no other! This game is broken, and I cannot even fathom why would you release a broken game is beyond my me. your investors, your customer base, and your money is all gonna go down the drain if you don't get your act together!.

My PC:
MSI Gaming 7
i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz
16gb 1600 ddr3 mem
2 x MSI GTX 970 in SLI

Please fix this.

Darkmantik
12-21-2014, 11:05 AM
The whole Ubisoft staff in on hollidays till the 19th january 2015. (with the money you paid the game with)

Have fun playing Ubisoft games and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

DrParamonos
12-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Putting out a warning to hopefully help folks with SLI who haven't yet downloaded patch 4. It breaks SLI introduces very bad flickering, If you use SLI, then i recommend NOT TO DOWNLOAD PATCH 4 until Ubisoft fix it (probably in the New Year now).

UPDATE:

I've added a video to demonstrate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTb1hNaJXqs&feature=youtu.be

Quick update - luckily I found the 3 version of ACU on my laptop. I copied that over to my PC (deleted 4 etc) I can can confirm that 3 runs in SLI without any flicker and (with the 347.09 drivers) works just as well as 4. With GTX980 SLI, at 1440p with everything maxed except FXAA, I can get 60+ fps - so again, if you've not yet patched to ver 3 and have SLI - please don't d/l patch 4 (or at least backup your 3 version first).

Here's a quick video to demonstrate;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utDfsMe8kfY

chgolover1
12-22-2014, 08:20 PM
Since installing patch 4, I can't even log in to the game through uplay. Can anyone help?

class101
12-22-2014, 08:37 PM
You seem to think marc that what you get on your computer is what everyone has but I'm sorry to say you I have the same specs as you, 4770K 4.5GHZ, 2x 980, 1440p, 144Hz, FXAA and all Ultra and I don't have any fps changes from 1.3 to 1.4 on 344.75 drivers, the game runs still very well as usual from a range around 60fps to 105 and no stutters because G-Sync does a great job too...

Calling to not install PATCH 4 for all SLI users because you are experiencing stutters is just wrong...

DrParamonos
12-22-2014, 08:51 PM
You seem to think marc that what you get on your computer is what everyone has but I'm sorry to say you I have the same specs as you, 4770K 4.5GHZ, 2x 980, 1440p, 144Hz, FXAA and all Ultra and I don't have any fps changes from 1.3 to 1.4 on 344.75 drivers, the game runs still very well as usual from a range around 60fps to 105 and no stutters because G-Sync does a great job too...

Calling to not install PATCH 4 for all SLI users because you are experiencing stutters is just wrong...

I'm suggesting that SLI users not to install the patch because it introduces texture flickers (see the OP for the video). My second point is what you've observed - that there is no (as far as I can tell) performance difference, which is a good thing if you run SLI and are still on patch 3. So again, if you run SLI and don't want your game ruined by textures flickering then don't d/l patch 4.

class101
12-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Here I have seen also a few texture to flicker but honestly very rarely like 2-3 time per hours of play is not really that boring, but I understand on some specs can be more frequent at least nothing really stopping me from playing or to downgrade but thanks for the clarification because when I saw your last video of Patch 3 it is more giving the feeling it is better to downgrade.